Norwegian Found Hanged In Full View In Pattaya

webfact

Norwegian Found Hanged In Full View In Pattaya

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

46147255_2220315744904238_42074022758632

Rescue workers retrieve the body of an unidentified man found hanged in Pattaya. Image: Rampai Kongkoed / Facebook

PATTAYA — Residents of Pattaya city were shocked to find a man hanging from the side of a tall building Wednesday morning.

The man, later identified as a Norwegian national by Channel 3, was found hanged by a long rope from the top of a residential building in Soi Pattaya 5. The body could be seen from kilometers away across the popular tourist town.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/11/14/norwegian-found-hanged-in-full-view-in-pattaya/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-14

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norwegian commits suicide in Pattaya

By The Nation

n2.jpeg

A 69-year-old Norwegian tourist was found dead on Wednesday morning hanging from a rope attached to a rooftop water tank at a luxury condominium in Pattaya.

With no sign of foul play and a suicide note found, police concluded that Max Holden took his own life at the 31-floor North Shore condo building on Soi Pattaya 5.

His room was on the 23rd floor.

He’d used a mountain climber’s rope and elsewhere on the roof were knives and other tools also commonly used for climbing.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358526

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-14

n1.jpeg

11 minutes ago, racket said:

Man.. I don't know what to say, but a lot of Norwegians are dying in Thailand these days and I wonder why.

Norway has one of the best living standards in the world, including socialized medical care. Hopefully it wasn’t alcohol addiction that made him lose his senses. 

1 minute ago, SkyNets said:

Google translate has it as;

hydrant headband
up
Towels aside
weapons ok places
weapon ok place raincoat lure
letting throat arms
hold rope
back behind

hmm

Thats why I asked, not much sense from Google translate, maybe makes sense to a native speaker

22 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I could be wrong but it seems a horrible checklist how to do his suicide.

"regn frak" -> raincoat (which he has on)

"len bak" -> lean back

If it was a check list he did not do much research about hanging before doing the deed.

Looks like he over looked many things. If he used a hangmans noose and placed it correctly under his left chin,with all the rope he had there he would have been decapitated. Length of drop is important . He had way to much lehgth.If he did not use a hangmans noose he basically strangled to death. Best to do more research before jumping. Not  pretty way to  go strangling to death.

An important question that remains is what caused this man to kill himself in such manner?

The place and way he hung himself was definitely uncommon,  and a lot more difficult to do and for his lifeless body to be exposed to the public in such an undignified manner, what message was he trying to send?

If he had a terminal disease I think its understandable but if he was cheated out of his life savings by some gold digger(and her relatives) I think it should be considered a criminal case and pursued (even though he took his own life) as the actions of someone ultimately led to his death.

28 minutes ago, smileydude said:

An important question that remains is what caused this man to kill himself in such manner?

He was on a heavy overstay most probably since his passport expired in 2016 .  Mental problems , no money , can be several reasons. 

BTW the posters translating the note are spot on with the translation , as a Norwegian I can confirm that . 

But what he means by "weapon ok plasser" I don't know. 

Once again sadly we have a death, and once again we have numerous attempts at poor/sick juvenile humour!

If you have nothing of value to add, move on, pratice your juvenile comments elsewhere. Anyone else posting in such a manner will be regarded as "trolling" and will be dealt with accordingly.

You have been warned.

9 minutes ago, balo said:

He was on a heavy overstay most probably since his passport expired in 2016 .  Mental problems , no money , can be several reasons. 

BTW the posters translating the note are spot on with the translation , as a Norwegian I can confirm that . 

But what he means by "weapon ok plasser" I don't know. 

They showed a copy of his passport, he might had a legal passport somewhere also...

34 minutes ago, smileydude said:

The place and way he hung himself was definitely uncommon,  and a lot more difficult to do and for his lifeless body to be exposed to the public in such an undignified manner, what message was he trying to send?

If he had a terminal disease I think its understandable but if he was cheated out of his life savings by some gold digger(and her relatives) I think it should be considered a criminal case and pursued (even though he took his own life) as the actions of someone ultimately led to his death.

I don't think any of it is understandable....  This may be an unsympathetic and somewhat inhumane comment and may well prove unpopular, however, I'll go ahead because young Children will have seen this and will have been mentally impacted by the image a man hanging to his death. 

If this man took his own life, then whatever tragedy, stresses, illness etc this poor man suffered none can justify or excuse him imposing this image on the 1000's around him. 

I wonder if there is more to the story and a message was being sent - this has 'gangland' or such connotations and may be much more than suicide. 

This is brutal to see. I worked for a company that built houses back in Canada 15 years ago or so. I went to work on April 1st one day and thought I was the first guy on the job site until I found my mate hanging from a floor joist by a wire. I laughed and said, "Haha...April Fool's. That looks awesome Ben!", as I approached him and gave him a little shove.

Ben was dead. My mind was blown. I called my boss and told hi and got the "Haha April Fool's" thing again.

Yeah...it was a bad day all around.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't think any of it is understandable....  This may be an unsympathetic and somewhat inhumane comment and may well prove unpopular, however, I'll go ahead because young Children will have seen this and will have been mentally impacted by the image a man hanging to his death. 

If this man took his own life, then whatever tragedy, stresses, illness etc this poor man suffered none can justify or excuse him imposing this image on the 1000's around him. 

I wonder if there is more to the story and a message was being sent - this has 'gangland' or such connotations and may be much more than suicide. 

And the speculations will continue. It is an warning against the thai fever, that will change your life forever! Thailand will never solve anyones problems, if you have before you arrive is my best guess. 

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Thats why I asked, not much sense from Google translate, maybe makes sense to a native speaker

Seems like random keywords as a checklist before doing the thing. 
Not in any coherent meaning. 

Hydrant = Fire hydrant

Pannebånd = Sweatband/headband

Opp = Up

Håndklær = Towel

Tau = Rope

Våpen OK = Weapon OK 
Plasser = place/position something

Regnfrakk = Raincoat 

Løkke = Noose

Lår - Hals - Armer = Thigh - Neck - Arms

Hold tau = hold the rope

Len bak = Lean backwards,... 

Well well dear country man,.. may you move on to greener pastures,.. 

R.I.P 

Stay alive,.. stay healthy,.. exercise,. weights,. jogging,.. yoga,.. 
Do not drink too much and quit smoking,.. 
Smoking is so bad,.. 

Cheers,.. for a brighter day,.. ????????????????

Archived