Norwegian Found Hanged In Full View In Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Sadly today, if a person is involved in a nasty accident, lying dead somewhere or being raped or beaten, by-standers are more likely to video them and post the tragedies on YouTube and facebook rather than go to their assistance. And yes, these horrific scenes are being used as entertainment value for the pleasures of the sadistic. 

Just another sad sign of the times where people are becoming desensitised to these incidents.

A very good example was homeless trolley man who went to assist the police in Bourke Street, Melbourne, last week against the stinking jihadist.  The audience could have easily overpowered the smelly jihadist within seconds by sheer numbers but they chose to film the vermin on their smartphones.   

13 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Sadly today, if a person is involved in a nasty accident, lying dead somewhere or being raped or beaten, by-standers are more likely to video them and post the tragedies on YouTube and facebook rather than go to their assistance. And yes, these horrific scenes are being used as entertainment value for the pleasures of the sadistic. 

Just another sad sign of the times where people are becoming desensitised to these incidents.

It is indeed sad. 

8 minutes ago, fanjita said:

A very good example was homeless trolley man who went to assist the police in Bourke Street, Melbourne, last week against the stinking jihadist.  The audience could have easily overpowered the smelly jihadist within seconds by sheer numbers but they chose to film the vermin on their smartphones.   

Smelly? 

6 hours ago, bluebluewater said:

I don't wanna sound like a bad guy but the cops/rescue people certainly did more than I would have done.  I would have just hosted his ass up rather than put anyone else over the side.

Yes - sometimes it's unbelievable what people do for their 5 mins of fame ...

4 hours ago, Bournville said:
5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't think any of it is understandable....  This may be an unsympathetic and somewhat inhumane comment and may well prove unpopular, however, I'll go ahead because young Children will have seen this and will have been mentally impacted by the image a man hanging to his death. 

If this man took his own life, then whatever tragedy, stresses, illness etc this poor man suffered none can justify or excuse him imposing this image on the 1000's around him. 

I wonder if there is more to the story and a message was being sent - this has 'gangland' or such connotations and may be much more than suicide. 

I agree.

I would also concur that it may have gangland links I seem to recall a similar modus operandi in a trash gangster movie my son dragged me to. I guess it will unfold in the coming days. Shocking way to go whether or which. My experience of suspicious Norwegian deaths on Phuket is the Consul or Embassy were totally disinterested. The Thai police also control the foreign missions except it seems the Chinese? 

8 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

There are just too many hangings and other suicides in Thailand. Why?

Why because people bring there baggage with them. After a few years and the new and exciting has worn off reality sets in and they realize it or them are no different in Thailand they they were in Norway, the US or you name it any other country

22 minutes ago, Nip said:

I would also concur that it may have gangland links I seem to recall a similar modus operandi in a trash gangster movie my son dragged me to. I guess it will unfold in the coming days. Shocking way to go whether or which. My experience of suspicious Norwegian deaths on Phuket is the Consul or Embassy were totally disinterested. The Thai police also control the foreign missions except it seems the Chinese? 

Who would come up with such an idea just to send a message? Where is his last minute CCTV tape? Must be some in the building. 

If it was a suicide, I hope that a close friend or acquaintance is found who can give evidence that helps establish a motive for the suicide (or a clue pointing towards a potential murder, otherwise a quick and easy assessment of suicide by the BIB is going to leave another bad taste surrounding falang deaths in Thailand

Well it still looks like a suicide to me , he already tied the rope around his neck from the top of the building , then shot himself with the gun so he would not feel the pain of hanging himself. RIP. 

9 hours ago, balo said:

I'm also Norwegian and I do not agree with you at all. It looks more like a check list over how to take your own life.

Starting speculations this might be a murder based on only this note is just not right. 

Agree, but if we add the bullet wound to the head it would....

RIP

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6389609/Body-Norwegian-expat-hanged-31-storey-building-Thailand-bullet-wound.html

12 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Thats why I asked, not much sense from Google translate, maybe makes sense to a native speaker

maybe, a lot of expats get sick in these aged years and decide to throw in the towel.

I know of many who have become ill and died, many good friends lost over the last 2 years all in the 60/70 range.

I myself was lucky having a brush with cancer, ok now but live day to day.

Very tragic that so many do this in LOS.

Suicide is a horrible topic that is avoided by most press but is a very big problem in todays world.

RIP.

Take care out there,

7 hours ago, fanjita said:

Ah, The Bystander effect.  It's something else to see indeed.

7 hours ago, fanjita said:

Have a think about it, Naamblar2014.  All in the best possible taste, if you get my drift.  

On second thoughts, maybe that's why no one would go near him.  View the footage.

Got a link?  PM it to me if need be.

3 hours ago, Bournville said:

Now I just read a news update about this.. He put a noose around his neck.. and shot himself first! OK.. This is getting more bizzare

This looked like murder to me the whole time.

11 minutes ago, SilverBeast said:

Ah, The Bystander effect.  It's something else to see indeed.

Got a link?  PM it to me if need be.

This looked like murder to me the whole time.

And who would have interest in killing an old man, and spend so much time to make it look like an suicide? Just an old crazy chap that went over the top, and realized it was no ticket back. 

Anyone wonder why there is so many suicides in Pattaya? And anyone wondering why, need new glasses. 

TOURIST TOWN BLOODBATH

Butchered body of Norwegian expat, 69, found hanging from 31-storey Thai building in front of horrified tourists in Pattaya

The Norwegian national, who lived on the 23th floor, was found dangling from a rope attached to the top of the tower block in suspicious circumstances

By Patrick Knox

pa.jpg

It had been found dangling from the 31 storey block of flats

A MUTILATED body of a pensioner with a bullet wound in his chin has been found hanging from 31-storey apartment block in Thailand.

The man, 69, believed to be from Oslo, Norway, plunged from the top of the tower block in Pattaya.

His blood-covered body - covered in slash wounds with a bullet hole below his mouth - was seen hanging from the building in the tourist town.

He was wearing shorts, trainers and a plastic poncho style raincoat.

Police and fire crews spent three hours abseiling down and recovering the corpse.

This was done instead of hoisting it back up because they said they wanted to ''preserve evidence''.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7738155/norwegian-expat-body-found-hanging-thailand-pattaya/

-- THE SUN 2018-11-15

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

maybe, a lot of expats get sick in these aged years and decide to throw in the towel.

I know of many who have become ill and died, many good friends lost over the last 2 years all in the 60/70 range.

I myself was lucky having a brush with cancer, ok now but live day to day.

Very tragic that so many do this in LOS.

Suicide is a horrible topic that is avoided by most press but is a very big problem in todays world.

RIP.

Take care out there,

Spot-ON!

According to this article (unfortunately in Thai only) he had cancer, he left a note to his wife (who at the time was in a visit in Chiang Mai) where he gave all his belongings to her so it looks like he committed suicide....

In the last picture we can see a kind of a homemade weapon that most likely caused the wound to his face, but failed for its purpose and then he seems to have continued to plan B....

https://www.tnews.co.th/contents/abs/483828

14 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

There are just too many hangings and other suicides in Thailand. Why?

There are a lot more in these countries....

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/

Country   Rank
Lithuania 31.9 suicides per 100k 1
Russia 31 suicides per 100k 2
Guyana 29.2 suicides per 100k 3
South Korea 26.9 suicides per 100k 4
Belarus 26.2 suicides per 100k 5
Suriname 22.8 suicides per 100k 6
Kazakhstan 22.5 suicides per 100k 7
Ukraine 22.4 suicides per 100k 8
Latvia 21.2 suicides per 100k 10
Lesotho 21.2 suicides per 100k 9
Belgium 20.7 suicides per 100k 11
Hungary 19.1 suicides per 100k 12
Slovenia 18.6 suicides per 100k 13
Japan 18.5 suicides per 100k 14
Uruguay 18.4 suicides per 100k 15
Estonia 17.8 suicides per 100k 16
France 17.7 suicides per 100k 17
Switzerland 17.2 suicides per 100k 18
Croatia 16.5 suicides per 100k 19
Equatorial Guinea 16.4 suicides per 100k 20
India 16.3 suicides per 100k 21
Poland 16.2 suicides per 100k 22
Moldova 15.9 suicides per 100k 24
Finland 15.9 suicides per 100k 23
Serbia 15.6 suicides per 100k 26
Austria 15.6 suicides per 100k 25
United States 15.3 suicides per 100k 27
Sweden 14.8 suicides per 100k 28
Sri Lanka 14.6 suicides per 100k 29
Thailand 14.4 suicides per 100k 31
Kiribati 14.4 suicides per 100k 30

6 hours ago, balo said:

Well it still looks like a suicide to me , he already tied the rope around his neck from the top of the building , then shot himself with the gun so he would not feel the pain of hanging himself. RIP. 

Run that past me again. 

7 hours ago, balo said:

Huh?

Why wouldn't he just shoot himself then?

Archived