Norwegian Found Hanged In Full View In Pattaya

webfact

It's high time somebody came up with a happy pill or some other means to enable those of us who wish to do so to leave the world painlessly and with dignity, rather than in such an upsetting way for our loved ones.

Most people can't afford to fly to Holland or Switzerland (even if physically able) and pay the sky-high cost of assisted suicide - and for hospitals to send terminally ill cancer patients home to die with a packet of pain killers, as happens here, is barbaric.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Hummin said:

And who would have interest in killing an old man, and spend so much time to make it look like an suicide? Just an old crazy chap that went over the top, and realized it was no ticket back. 

Someone seeking to deliver an intimidating message to a certain group? And what is the rain poncho for?

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Seems he had prostrate cancer and left a will according to a previous post/news link.

Thanks , so maybe we can stop all the speculations now .  

Yes he choose a weird way to commit suicide but he did it and there's nothing we can do . RIP. 

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You are close to the 'gossip' I heard this morning. Via Thai partner, friend of a friend etc! 

Claimed to know him.

No it came from a post here earlier today supported by a link err   Tnews if I remember correctly.  Thaivisa also reported it later on.

1 hour ago, pastprime said:

Block of wood bloodstained,

pipe inserted,looks as if discharge from self quoted pipe........man dips head bang  over the side   later police reports man shot himself  homemade weapon

Again- what are you talking about?

36 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

It's high time somebody came up with a happy pill or some other means to enable those of us who wish to do so to leave the world painlessly and with dignity, rather than in such an upsetting way for our loved ones.

Most people can't afford to fly to Holland or Switzerland (even if physically able) and pay the sky-high cost of assisted suicide - and for hospitals to send terminally ill cancer patients home to die with a packet of pain killers, as happens here, is barbaric.

Forgive me if your comment assumes that you're depressed. From what you've said, I urge you to reach out to others- specifically a hot line where people are somewhat versed  in their objective- to treat others as? Hopefully empathy there.

Best to all....I mean that!

22 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

If it was a check list he did not do much research about hanging before doing the deed.

Looks like he over looked many things. If he used a hangmans noose and placed it correctly under his left chin,with all the rope he had there he would have been decapitated. Length of drop is important . He had way to much lehgth.If he did not use a hangmans noose he basically strangled to death. Best to do more research before jumping. Not  pretty way to  go strangling to death.

Wouldn't it have been a good thing if he could have died with some dignity in an euthanasia kind of fashion. 

Shameful governments prevent this.

43 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

"Forgive me if your comment assumes that you're depressed. From what you've said, I urge you to reach out to others- specifically a hot line where people are somewhat versed  in their objective- to treat others as? Hopefully empathy there.

Best to all....I mean that!"

I know nothing about Krataboy's situation but I agree with him.

I know a man who committed suicide with the simple explanation that he was tired of being him.

I wish he could have resorted to a less painful means than he eventually used.   

I think human beings deserve that.

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

No it came from a post here earlier today supported by a link err   Tnews if I remember correctly.  Thaivisa also reported it later on.

Simply stating my Mrs said the same thing, she had been talking to a friend who claimed knew the Norwegian's GF.  

My source is the gossip obviously. 

3 hours ago, watso63 said:

Yet another selfish suicide case left for others to clean up!

Selfish suicide? You're very ignorant and I hope you refrain from any social interaction...why? Because you've shown that you have no empathy....no compassion....and certainly no intelligence.

4 hours ago, TMNH said:

Again- what are you talking about?

I see you are still deducing from 5 hours ago,never mind eh   now you must seek photographic evidence the police published,especially the later photos,then you will find what I quoted,cannot find?  tough  go seek,its there,anyway you are still 'at it' deducing, any thoughts on the matter?,or just seeking answers from others,go seek,look,its there

9 hours ago, Mangkhut said:

So he cuts his wrists and his neck, then he put a noose around his neck which the other end attached somewhere else and then shoots himself? Its kinda overkill isnt it?

Its something more to this....

Overkill! Perfect use of the word! :vampire:

6 hours ago, TMNH said:

Selfish suicide? You're very ignorant and I hope you refrain from any social interaction...why? Because you've shown that you have no empathy....no compassion....and certainly no intelligence.

Sometimes it is hard to keep your emphathy to someone who have burned the candles in both ends, and been warned they do it several times before of people who stand them close. When shit happens they have no other choice to end their life (their thought in their own world), and to end their life, they either do it in a manner of way which harm other people. I have no respect for people who have lost their selfrespect and also do not think twice about people around them. Yes they are sick, but, enough said

If they really want to escape this life, use carbon monoxide and sleepingpills. No pain and good sleep! 

11 hours ago, TMNH said:

Forgive me if your comment assumes that you're depressed. From what you've said, I urge you to reach out to others- specifically a hot line where people are somewhat versed  in their objective- to treat others as? Hopefully empathy there.

Best to all....I mean that!

Thanks for your concern. Right now I feel like reaching out for Theresa May's neck and squeezing hard. What a way for us both to go!

On 11/14/2018 at 1:13 PM, bluebluewater said:

I don't wanna sound like a bad guy but the cops/rescue people certainly did more than I would have done.  I would have just hosted his ass up rather than put anyone else over the side.

It should be fairly obvious after considering the distance of the drop and the thickness of the rope that trying to drag him up could have resulted in decapitation and a much bigger mess. His head was probably holding on by a thread and it's surprising it didn't come off.

35 minutes ago, tropo said:

It should be fairly obvious after considering the distance of the drop and the thickness of the rope that trying to drag him up could have resulted in decapitation and a much bigger mess. His head was probably holding on by a thread and it's surprising it didn't come off.

I doubt head will come off, since skin is super strong. Anyway, if he used a static rope or dynamic make a huge difference as well. Alot of speculation and opinions for a dissaster like this. I just hope the next person think twice about the mess and trauma he or her is going to leave behind them. There is a life behind the hill, and if you have an illness, be vise and seek help. 

When you think you have found paradise, but then it fails in your expectations, it can be quite depressing. Just think of all those attempted suicides when there are not 72, or even 27, virgins awaiting you. What do you jump off of?

13 hours ago, Hummin said:

I doubt head will come off, since skin is super strong. Anyway, if he used a static rope or dynamic make a huge difference as well. Alot of speculation and opinions for a dissaster like this. I just hope the next person think twice about the mess and trauma he or her is going to leave behind them. There is a life behind the hill, and if you have an illness, be vise and seek help. 

And that's the reason why they don't drag him up by his neck - uncertainty. You'd also have to consider the friction of his body against the concrete wall.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:48 PM, TMNH said:

No sympathy whatsoever. 22 year Army veteran. Would've liked to see you risk your life abseiling to collect the corpse then go around informing the nearest and dearest. Spare me your crocodile tears!

Another sick <deleted> choosing to commit suicide in front of other people and kids. What a nice thing for kids to look up and see someone hang themselves of the top of the building. If he wanted to do it, he should do it in the privacy of his own home without putting the public into that ordeal of seeing a dead body.

On 11/14/2018 at 8:01 AM, racket said:

Man.. I don't know what to say, but a lot of Norwegians are dying in Thailand these days and I wonder why.

And my husband was threatened with a gun outside the hotel we stayed in last week with a message from the Thai man with gun in his hand to take me back to Norway before they kill me... I was going to witness in my daughter rape case in court. Thailand is more crazy and corrupt then I could imagine:( 

I’m Norwegian too and I never heard someone need raincoat, towels and headband for kill them self! I’m 100% sure this is a stupid Thai police way for blame a foreigner victim again... guarantee they have translate some words in Thai and English to Norwegian and write it on paper them self!

If a person planning to kill him self I believe it’s not necessary with a description up, backwards etc. I don’t understand why some of you guys continue with protecting Thai police in every store from robbery, murder, rape, traffic accidents and more... they pay you or they give you corrupt protection for overstaying, selling drugs etc? 

Anca: He also left a longwritten will and a lot of other notes in Norwegian. Just reposting my message from the other thread:

This Norwegian guy used to be a magician. His stage name was Mad Max, and he always tried living up to that name. 30 years ago he made media attention in Norway driving cars blindfolded around fooling the police, and did other similar stunts, before settling in Thailand 10-15 years ago. Max Holden (RIP) had terminal cancer and lots of pain during his last year, so I will guess he just tried to do a last prank on the public leaving the scene of life in a spectacular way.

At the netsite of the Magical Circle in Norway you can find some pics of Max Holden in his healthier days, Pattaya 2011: http://www.magiskecirkel.no/blogg/2011/04/ray-speedy-i-thailand/comment-page-1/

6 hours ago, Johannessen said:

This Norwegian guy used to be a magician. His stage name was Mad Max

Thank you for this very important information . Yes that explains everything!   He planned everything to detail as all magicians do before they perform a trick. Unfortunately this was his very last trick . 

I read now he had magician friends in Thailand and was also friends with Tuxedo , the most famous Thai magician .   

Well planned exit , RIP . 

On 11/14/2018 at 8:44 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I don't think any of it is understandable....  This may be an unsympathetic and somewhat inhumane comment and may well prove unpopular, however, I'll go ahead because young Children will have seen this and will have been mentally impacted by the image a man hanging to his death. 

If this man took his own life, then whatever tragedy, stresses, illness etc this poor man suffered none can justify or excuse him imposing this image on the 1000's around him. 

Our societies should offer people who want to die the means to die in a quiet, discreet and dignified way.

Until societies do this, there will continue to be the risk of trauma all round: for the deceased, for possible witnesses, and for the poor souls who have to clean up the mess afterwards.

Archived