Michelin announces best eateries in Bangkok and the provinces

webfact

Urgent : Michelin announces best eateries in Bangkok and the provinces

By khetsirin Pholdhampalit 
The Nation

92f72db254c831b0645ac8ebdd3f23c1-sld.jpe

File photo : Jay Fai

Thai street food eatery Jay Fai has retained its one Michelin star for the second consecutive year and the legendary Thai restaurant Methavalai Sorndaeng is among the new 10 additions to have been awarded one star, according to the announcement on Wednesday of eateries making it the second edition of Michelin Guide Bangkok.

No restaurant has achieved the coveted highest three-star rating. All three two-starred restaurants in the inaugural edition, namely Gaggan, Le Normandie and Mezzaluna have retained their stars, while Suhring has been upgraded from one to two stars.

The little red guide has been extended to cover the best dining venues in the Southern provinces of Phuket and Phang Nga for its 2019 edition. However, Pru restaurant in Phuket is the only one restaurant in the two Southern cities to have been awarded one star. The other 14 restaurants in both cities such as the famous venues of Raya and Chomchan received Bib Gourmand awards for being good value for money.

In addition to Methavalai Sorndaeng and Pru, other new one-starred additions include Le Du, Gaa, Canvas, R.Haan, Saawan, Sorn, Ruen Panya, and Suan Thip.

Dining venues in Bangkok's neighbouring provinces of Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Sakhon and Samut Prakan are also covered in this new edition.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30358527

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-14

My experience of any Michelin recommended restaurant is that when presented with the food I want to say "I want to eat it not .... look at it."

And what is the point of loading the food items on top of each other? Is it some sort of chef Jenga?

All in all, pretentious nonsense.

41 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Diving mask and oversized amulet, I know Bangkok is prone to flooding, good to be ready at all times!

In the not too distant future BKK food customers will be issued with fishing rods to catch their own fish. BKK is doomed.

Archived