Forum very slow and pages not loading

balo

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, balo said:

Since speed to Singapore has been fine all week , it must be something else. 

I agree the public internet has been fine to Singapore and beyond, but ThaiVisa might have their own dedicated leased line that is having trouble.

It took me 20 minutes to log in tonight and it takes about a minute or more just to load a single page. Notifications take about the same.

If I were a sponsor I would be seriously considering withdrawing my sponsorship.

Why is it so difficult for TVF to keep a small site running 24/4.

I can log into sites such as Google, BBC News, my local paper back in the UK, Yahoo, Gmail Facebook etc every time but TVF? 

I can run speed tests to Singapore and they come straight in, but TVF is a failure again.

This must be the third or forth time this year Error 522 (please try again) keeps coming up. 

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It took me 20 minutes to log in tonight and it takes about a minute or more just to load a single page. Notifications take about the same.

If I were a sponsor I would be seriously considering withdrawing my sponsorship.

Why is it so difficult for TVF to keep a small site running 24/4.

I can log into sites such as Google, BBC News, my local paper back in the UK, Yahoo, Gmail Facebook etc every time but TVF? 

I can run speed tests to Singapore and they come straight in, but TVF is a failure again.

This must be the third or forth time this year Error 522 (please try again) keeps coming up. 

Crashed completely for me from 22.00 - 22.24 totally inaccessible ! Error 522 Host problem

It is bad right now. Error 520 and 522 are almost standard after waiting for a long...long time.

Forum is close to unusable at this moment. 

I just got a 524 error as well. Is this a competition between error numbers? 

I am currently in the USA and get constant warnings about the site sucking my RAM to the point it has to shut down and refresh if I leave it open long enough. Usually around ten minutes. This has nothing to do with Singapore. The site is slow because it is draining memory on computers. If you use a Mac with Safari you will probably get the same warnings on the top of your browser.

It actually says energy not memory. However inis the only site that does this and something is wrong with in the site itself is my conclusion.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 9.15.04 PM.png

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Suspect it needs significant memory to load all the advertising sites required.  With current issues added to normal issues we likely have a website fatter than most of us.

Image result for fat slow website

I suspect it is a lot to do with the ads. However i am going to say it is also a deficiency with how the forum handles memory. I have tried other sites that are heavy on ads and it doesn't produce the same results. As i said my computer isn't particularly aged.  

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Very long but variable delays with page loading yesterday and today. I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned it. It certainly is nothing to do with my internet connection as a site testing service in Canada times out on it also.

Same issues here.

noticed the same end of last week.... but since monday it has been worse, froze, pages not loading, internet error messages, sometimes taking 4-5 minutes to load a forum and sometimes not waiting that long and hang up by myself..... thought it could be the moderators or the censorship, maybe the greatfirewall moved here

On 11/15/2018 at 9:31 PM, attrayant said:

I've been on skype video meetings all day that go through Singapore on the public internet and have had no trouble.  A trace to Singtel looks good:

1240351597_sintelpingplot.PNG.8d201d285ddfb3b583798f8fc116d47e.PNG

Posting has been dirt-slow all day, but seems to be getting a bit better now.

me 2, have VPN in Singapore and no problem whatsoever about loading any other pages than TV... like somebody say, maybe the martians are around here

I googled Error 520 and came back with this.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171936-Error-520-Web-server-is-returning-an-unknown-error

Common causes
While it can be triggered by unique or strange edge-case scenarios, Error 520 is commonly caused by:

Connection resets after a successful TCP handshake
Headers that exceed Cloudflare’s header size limit (8kb)
An empty response from the origin server
An invalid HTTP response
An HTTP response without response headers
If you can confirm that any of the conditions above come from the origin web server hosting the site, we recommend consulting with the host provider or administrator for assistance with web server configuration to avoid further interruption and errors.  

This type of error generally occurs at the application layer (OSI layer 7). This means that it results from a bad response coming back from the application.

Cloudflare Rate Limiting rules or other filtering requests (e.g., by connecting IP or volume/frequency) may sometimes cause issues with your application. It is important to review and test these aspects of your overall configuration. Also, be sure to whitelist Cloudflare's IPs in the origin server. See a list of Cloudflare IP ranges.

Archived