Forum very slow and pages not loading

balo

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, vogie said:

The forum has been pretty useless, very slow and sometimes won't work at all for the last few days, is it just me?

No, it isn't just you it is the forum.

I remember getting a better service than this years ago which I had a DTAC mobile and used EDGE.

I think that the problem lies in the TVF server down in Singapore. Perhaps there are not enough dedicated links to it, perhaps the latest site owners don't want to pay to get a decent server.

TVF is the only site that I work that has this problem. I have run speed tests to Singapore, Thailand, USA, UK and Europe and all passed with flying colours, except the TVF link.

As I said in an earlier post, if I were a sponsor on this site I would be seriously considering pulling out.

It has been like this for days now, and is probably the 4th or 5th time this year.

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

i suppose the delay is caused by a vast and vital member base with and abundance of well-considered, relevant, and useful insights to add to the many important topics posted here daily.

Perhaps the site owner is (Cheap Charlie).

On 11/15/2018 at 10:51 AM, Langsuan Man said:

Unusable, all the money spend on the upgrades should have been spent on servers, but the owners think like Thais, if it looks good no one is supposed to care how it works

Problem with that attitude is that I am not going to continue to wait for pages to load, if I can't see the pages,  I can't see the ads;  loose loose for everyone, especially the owners since clicks don't pay if it just keeps loading 

That’s the thing though. An “upgrade” that nobody wanted nor asked for. And it doesn’t look good...

Been on here 11 years, until 2 years ago not many problems.

Now it is becoming a joke, nearly every day, error 502, error 520, yesterday error 524, thats a new 1.

I know nothing about computers/ internet, but i feel since ownership has changed, the only focus is on ads, ads and more ads.

Would i be correct in thinking that getting as much money in, and not using any on infrastructure is what is happening here?

I do not see ads on TVF as I use a custom host file and I am still seeing the same performance issues, I believe it is a database/server issue, TVF is connected instantly when you access the site but takes a very long time to respond with the loaded page requested, that to me is a lookup issue at the server hosting the site

23 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Been on here 11 years, until 2 years ago not many problems.

Now it is becoming a joke, nearly every day, error 502, error 520, yesterday error 524, thats a new 1.

I know nothing about computers/ internet, but i feel since ownership has changed, the only focus is on ads, ads and more ads.

Would i be correct in thinking that getting as much money in, and not using any on infrastructure is what is happening here?

I wouldn't hold your breath Colin waiting for a reply.

Over the last week or so this site has become virtually unusable. Click the notification bell at the top right corner and, more often than not, it doesn't load. Write a comment, click load and it goes to "saving"/ black hole. Constantly crashing, forcing me to quit and reload the site. The only thing that doesn't seem problematic are the ads.

Didn't have these problems with websites back in the 1990's. A complete joke and I'm just about done with it. Better things to waste my time on.

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

Someone seems to be desperate to recover the wasted money.

Well they're going the wrong way about it, clicks = money. Pages not loading = no clicks.

As most of us know that the real problem that's slowing the site up is the absurd amount of ads per page + server capacity. These guys have zero idea how to run a profitable website.

Today apart from rare occasions when it works passably ( i stress passably) its taking on average a minute to load a page 

i dont know much about websites but i dont think it should be like that! 

I’m experiencing a different problem.

Yesterday morning I stopped receiving any email notifications from TV. I tried sending an email to the support email address later in the day, but don’t know if there’s been any reply sent by them or not, as no thaivisa emails appear to be coming through at all.

This has been over 24 hours now.

I’m still receiving emails from elsewhere. I haven’t changed any settings, or restarted my PC.

Looking at my TV account, the email address in my settings hasn’t changed , it’s still correct.

Archived