Forum very slow and pages not loading

balo

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, billd766 said:

At 1:30 this afternoon I got yet another Error 524.

Here is the advice from the Cloudfare website.

If you're the owner of this website:

The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application.Additional troubleshooting information here.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 4823843ab91849f7 • Your IP: 223.207.247.187 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

21 minutes ago, billd766 said:

At 1:30 this afternoon I got yet another Error 524.

Here is the advice from the Cloudfare website.

If you're the owner of this website:

The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application.Additional troubleshooting information here.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 4823843ab91849f7 • Your IP: 223.207.247.187 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

Ouch sounds like just a teeny weeny advertisement too many

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Ouch sounds like just a teeny weeny advertisement too many

I think it is stating the obvious, but the owners of the site will never see it that way. There is one thing that has come out of it and that it is click bait, assuming that you are prepared to wait for a response.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
12 hours ago, metisdead said:
Seems Tech Doctor is overloaded on this issue. Be advised us Mods are letting him know about the timeout issues that have been going on.  

Is he looking at the Tapatalk loading issue too?

I would hope that he is also working on that. 

It seems totally sporadic  some times ok/ish sometime god damn awful either way as a professionally run site you would think it would be more reliable . 

I Succeeded in making a bacon sandwich whilst waiting for one of the pages to load this morning other websites working pretty much seamlessly alongside.

I've just changed browser to Firefox as Safari has been awful on many websites, not just TV. Other websites are now loading much better, TV is the exception. At times it is unuseable. Ironically I've mnaged to read this thread with no problems!

At least I know it is probably not my connection. Earlier this morning was able to open pages from the daily email almost immediately then after a while it went into slo mo mode. Trying to read other TV forums/threads now is too painful and I am giving up.

Not getting the complete non connection however - just painfully slow to open pages.

7 hours ago, poohy said:

It seems totally sporadic  some times ok/ish sometime god damn awful either way as a professionally run site you would think it would be more reliable . 

I Succeeded in making a bacon sandwich whilst waiting for one of the pages to load this morning other websites working pretty much seamlessly alongside.

With HP sauce I should hope.

On 12/1/2018 at 4:58 PM, billd766 said:

I think it is stating the obvious, but the owners of the site will never see it that way. There is one thing that has come out of it and that it is click bait, assuming that you are prepared to wait for a response.

Surprised your post hasnt been removed under Thai Visa article 44.

Yes far too many adverts....even have to sieve thru them to get a news story in the "news"letter.

31 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Surprised your post hasn't been removed under Thai Visa article 44.

Yes far too many adverts....even have to sieve thru them to get a news story in the "news"letter.

The adverts don't really bother me but the service has gone down again for about a week now'

What does annoy me though is that there is no daily update on the login page telling us what is happening, what problems there are, what has been fixed and what has NOT been fixed and the reasons why.

When I was a techie a few years ago working on mobile phone systems. if we came across a problem we had to report it and work on it until it was fixed. If we hadn't fixed it in a couple of days we got assistance form the management. 

If the fault was proven to be ours we got a black mark and were sent back for further training. If it happened again there was no pay rise that year and you were put back under supervision for as long as it took, if it happened a third time, we were fired.

I was both lucky and good.

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes a regular update would be good rather than a stony silence

It's possible the guy's Thai and doesn't speak much English, or possibly doesn't exist at all i.e. contract company.

17 hours ago, topt said:

At least I know it is probably not my connection. Earlier this morning was able to open pages from the daily email almost immediately then after a while it went into slo mo mode. Trying to read other TV forums/threads now is too painful and I am giving up.

Not getting the complete non connection however - just painfully slow to open pages.

It's NOT your connection but it's this website....

Everything works superfast on my computer except this forum.

I usually dont mind ads too much but today login using phone and mobile site and the damn thing just froze for 4 minutes blocking the entire screen ! Couodnt use "close ad" totally locked up for 4 minutes.

Whats going on ??

Screenshot_20181203-080440_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

It's possible the guy's Thai and doesn't speak much English, or possibly doesn't exist at all i.e. contract company.

AFAIR the server is in Singapore and if the server maintenance is outsourced then perhaps it is a Singaporean company and they usually speak good English or at least Singlish.

I had to login today so maybe they restarted the server or something. 

Anyway the pages are sometimes loading normal this morning , but then very slow , like 30 seconds to open . So it's very random . 

Archived