Forum very slow and pages not loading

balo

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, doctormann said:

The Clear Notifications option is also back but doesn't work - just gives a 'page not found' error and the notifications are not cleared!

at 3,17pm still does the same, keep clear the notifications to no avail...not working at all

On 12/4/2018 at 9:16 AM, fruitman said:

The server is working fast enough because sometimes the site works perfect.

correct, sometimes like when first log in and open the first couple messages/forums and then it all goes to NO AVAIL

Unfortunately, very sluggish, almost unusable, constantly having to log in on the Connect app.
Looks like attempts are being made to reduce the backlog with older bigger threads being closed and new ones opened.
Great shame as in its current condition many posters are surely losing interest, me ? , I’ll continue to struggle on connecting.
Thaivisa has given me many laughs, good advice and a great deal of entertainment over the last few years, I owe them my support.

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Unfortunately, very sluggish, almost unusable, constantly having to log in on the Connect app.
Looks like attempts are being made to reduce the backlog with older bigger threads being closed and new ones opened.
Great shame as in its current condition many posters are surely losing interest, me ? , I’ll continue to struggle on connecting.
Thaivisa has given me many laughs, good advice and a great deal of entertainment over the last few years, I owe them my support.

More than that Andrew, They owe you and ALL of us their full support. We should be updated every 12 hours and an apology for the past 10 days of disruption.

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

I have  several sites to compare it with as most do and the problem is here. 

A non IT person does not have to understand Con Queso but the so called techs at thaivisa should. Actually its high time to fire then and do some headhunting at the other forums that do not have intermittent problems and counting.

My original comment was meant to be a subtle way of bringing this to the attention of the folks that run this site.......

"For the non-tech (IT) minded amongst us Con Queso, does this mean that much more work is needed on the website to bring it round to a more "user friendly" state??"

And a non IT tech I didn't understand much of the findings, but was VERY aware that something was wrong. Also agree that the TV techs should know that much work is needed here.

The Tech Doctor has been banging his head on the wall while trying to get answers from Invision about some of the forum problems, time outs, and the following is my translation:

We were advised by Invision that "due to an excessive amount of PIDs, there is unfortunately some inherent issues with topics that span hundreds and thousands of pages. We always recommend, at some point, closing the topic and starting another. We realize that's not practical in every case, but unfortunately, because of pagination and other considerations - large topics are not ideal and degradation should be anticipated."

I didn't know what PID's mean, not sure if this is applicable:  PID controller

Some members may have noticed a number of topics that span hundreds and thousands of pages have been closed in our effort to clean up this problem.  One of the problems might be the huge amount of email notifications that those topics generate causing some of the forum problems, it is still an ongoing process. 

46 minutes ago, metisdead said:

The Tech Doctor has been banging his head on the wall while trying to get answers from Invision about some of the forum problems, time outs, and the following is my translation:

I didn't know what PID's mean, not sure if this is applicable:  PID controller

Some members may have noticed a number of topics that span hundreds and thousands of pages have been closed in our effort to clean up this problem.  One of the problems might be the huge amount of email notifications that those topics generate causing some of the forum problems, it is still an ongoing process. 

But how do the major websites such as the BBC, Facebook, Google, Gmail, Yahoo, Bangkok Post  and so many other major websites manage to deal with it? They generally have far more posts but I have not yet noticed any slowing of their websites.

This is just a small website with limited members and IMHO since the Nation took it over the service has gone downhill as the nation seems to be trying to squeeze as much income from the sponsors as they can whilst ignoring the posters.

28 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But how do the major websites such as the BBC, Facebook, Google, Gmail, Yahoo, Bangkok Post  and so many other major websites manage to deal with it? They generally have far more posts but I have not yet noticed any slowing of their websites.

This is just a small website with limited members and IMHO since the Nation took it over the service has gone downhill as the nation seems to be trying to squeeze as much income from the sponsors as they can whilst ignoring the posters.

I doubt those sites hold posts and topics as long as this one does? (Gawd knows why) but a quick look at the forum page and just the first few there are 6.6 Million posts !!! Why ???

They are all using resources and gotta be slowing shit down, clean up and dump the historic stuff ! 

31 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

I doubt those sites hold posts and topics as long as this one does? (Gawd knows why) but a quick look at the forum page and just the first few there are 6.6 Million posts !!! Why ???

They are all using resources and gotta be slowing shit down, clean up and dump the historic stuff ! 

If reddit can handle their users, i don't see how it's a technical limitation

Maybe the incoming 5g internet will help thaivisa become usable again.... ???? 

I can barely use it now and it's not for lack of bandwidth on my side... 

IMG_20181205_230748.thumb.jpg.7a48ed9fb622ab5b313e8554e485791a.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

If reddit can handle their users, i don't see how it's a technical limitation

Maybe the incoming 5g internet will help thaivisa become usable again.... ???? 

I can barely use it now and it's not for lack of bandwidth on my side... 

IMG_20181205_230748.thumb.jpg.7a48ed9fb622ab5b313e8554e485791a.jpg

Thai visa works fine for me , occasionally a bit slow , but generally up to speed 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thai visa works fine for me , occasionally a bit slow , but generally up to speed 

It takes a long time to open the notifications sometimes and several refresh is necessary on wifi or 4g

Also get logged out sometimes for no apparent reason at random. 

Occasionally get the cloudflare ddos warning in busy but they seems to have improved because i haven't seen it for awhile

I have been experiencing problems with TV for weeks.

Click onto TV it doesn`t open or opens to the blank page part and then just hangs there and eventually times out, also receiving that 502 error page. When this happens it usually takes 5 to 10 minutes before being able to access TV.

This is happening several times during the day and night, including today.

Not complaining, only giving details of my TV access experiences over the last few weeks. I`m sort of getting used to this now.

Would it a be a good idea to clean up some of the very dated clutter such as long inactive members and very old posts and other stuff that is just taking much needed space on the servers, and also limiting very long chained topics and subject to the medium and recent posting....

13 hours ago, The Cobra said:

Why not add double or even triple extra storage?

Facebook must have millions of customers and they also store stuff for years. My Yahoo account and my Gmail account have stored my stuff and that of millions of others for 10, 15 or more years and that has not been a problem.

23 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Facebook must have millions of customers and they also store stuff for years. My Yahoo account and my Gmail account have stored my stuff and that of millions of others for 10, 15 or more years and that has not been a problem.

Soompi has the same forum software 17 million posts a ton of pictures and is not really breaking a sweat.

https://forums.soompi.com/en/

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

We should be updated every 12 hours and an apology for the past 10 days of disruption.

Why?  Are you paying to look at Thaivisa?  They "shouldn't" be doing anything neither do they need to apologise for anything.

It would be nice if they did, though. 

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

In general, most of the forum posts deserve to be ignored!

41 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why not add double or even triple extra storage?

Money.  Do you really think that Thaivisa has the same resources as those that you mentioned?

34 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why?  Are you paying to look at Thaivisa?  They "shouldn't" be doing anything neither do they need to apologise for anything.

It would be nice if they did, though. 

I don't pay to look at my Yahoo emails or Gmails, nor do I pay to look at the BBC news, BKK Post, my local paper back in the UK or many other sites, yet they load quickly and without fuss. 

35 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

In general, most of the forum posts deserve to be ignored!

Especially yours.

31 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Money.  Do you really think that Thaivisa has the same resources as those that you mentioned?

I have no idea. 

Why not ask the Nation?

40 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

With content being king down in the monetisation dept, I guess theirs no need to apologise to its producers when they have difficulty posting it.

Archived