Forum very slow and pages not loading

balo

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Suddenly without me even touching my computer every post made on this thread i am getting a notification????

You apparently clicked follow this topic at some time. You are on the list of 48 people that are following this topic.

image.png.7aea726abd117f3e6ff14982a601f82c.png

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You apparently clicked follow this topic at some time. You are on the list of 48 people that are following this topic.

image.png.7aea726abd117f3e6ff14982a601f82c.png

Wrong i never clicked on it, no posts showing in my notifications until 39 minutes ago.

Also a notification a few minutes ago about African prostitutes in Pattaya, i never clicked on that or any other thread.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Ah right. This started some time ago and is getting worse, I'd look into something that was added after the CSS change, likely a DB join query/index growing out of control/etc. No quick solution except to delete things, reduce functionality and so on. Or revert to the TVF that still worked.

:thumbsup:  

For a few weeks now my Tapatalk app won't load any Thaivisa links from my emails or LINE. It pops up as if it's loading then suddenly vanishes. And yes page loads are slow even in the ThaiVisa app. Thaivisa app is a major disappointment, I just about shit myself this morning when 1 ad popped up with blaring music. I'm only using it since Tapatalk started failing to load this forum from links.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Guess what you like but this is about posters whinging about the forum, not "producers"(?) whinging, are you talking about advertisers, perhaps?  Don't see any of them complaining, just the usual bashers and moaners who get the forum free.

But the whingers are producers of content and the site would make no money without content. A simple diagram is available in the Google monetisation pages if you are having trouble grasping this simple concept.

52 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

But the whingers are producers of content and the site would make no money without content. A simple diagram is available in the Google monetisation pages if you are having trouble grasping this simple concept.

Indeed, perhaps TVF could do a youtube type kickbacks for us for producing their content ????

A functioning platform to support the daily need to vent out the frustrations with Thais is all I want tough. Cheaper than therapy. 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, Jai Dee said:

The technical team is aware of the issue and are working on it.

Getting beyond a joke and so frustrating.

Gave up trying to post on some topics this morning.

Taken me 10 minutes to get to this page this afternoon.

'Waiting for response' is the most common error I am getting.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Suddenly without me even touching my computer every post made on this thread i am getting a notification????

What the hell is going on????????

Yes, I am getting the same. Looks like someone has broken something else whilst attempting to fix it.

The notifications still come even when turned off globally. Annoyingly there is no way to stop following all followed topics, or rather there is a way but it doesnt seem to work.

Edit: there is a way, but it only works on a page by page basis, which is very tedious.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Getting beyond a joke and so frustrating.

Gave up trying to post on some topics this morning.

Taken me 10 minutes to get to this page this afternoon.

'Waiting for response' is the most common error I am getting.

I had the same problem just after 1 pm and after waiting 10 minutes I just dumped TVF and I have only just come back to see if there is an improvement.

There is but for how long I wonder?

Not very long as I replied to a post on another thread then looked at the time.

6:32 pm.

It took nearly 3 minutes to load my reply.

I think I have found a good use for this dead time.

The next time it happens I will walk up and down the stairs 2 or 3 times.

I will give me something to do, get some exercise, get my arrrsssse of the chair and perhaps I will lose weight too.

See, there is a silver lining after all.

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I had the same problem just after 1 pm and after waiting 10 minutes I just dumped TVF and I have only just come back to see if there is an improvement.

There is but for how long I wonder?

Not very long as I replied to a post on another thread then looked at the time.

6:32 pm.

It took nearly 3 minutes to load my reply.

It's very erratic, sometimes working fine.

It also appears to disconnect when viewing a page and can't refresh.

Have to close and reconnect again.

Maybe me, but over the last 3 weeks since the problem with the server started, there appears to be a noticeable drop in replies to posts. Not surprising due to frustration.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's very erratic, sometimes working fine.

It also appears to disconnect when viewing a page and can't refresh.

Have to close and reconnect again.

Maybe me, but over the last 3 weeks since the problem with the server started, there appears to be a noticeable drop in replies to posts. Not surprising due to frustration.

It isn't just you as most of us have similar problems.

When I was an engineer in a different life, one of the things I was taught was this.

If it works, don't !@#$ with it.

If you try to fix it and it gets worse, always make sure that you can blame somebody else.

Trying to read a topic but not loading but guess what?

Just for once i clicked on an advertisement and the page appeared within a second!!!Strange or not?

I always have a good laugh when the page appears telling me i have some kind of add block and have to wait for 8 seconds.

Only 8 seconds?Most pages here take a lot longer then that.

I do not know who to blame for these continious problems,a tech can only work with the equipment they have.

Looks like someone needs to spend some money in order to get things right.It really is a THAI visa now.

End of rant ,have a nice day.Lots of rain here.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:13 PM, xylophone said:

For the non-tech (IT) minded amongst us Con Queso, does this mean that much more work is needed on the website to bring it round to a more "user friendly" state??"

And a non IT tech I didn't understand much of the findings, but was VERY aware that something was wrong. Also agree that the TV techs should know that much work is needed here.

That post was made by me, not Con Queso.  Several people in my house have TV accounts and sometimes we don't notice which account is logged in when we're posting.  No wonder I wasn't seeing all these new post notifications.

Anyway, I can't comment about the technical stuff in the report.  I did manage a government web app development team for a few years and from the many meetings we had, I recognize some of these as critical issues that would cause the QA team to reject deployment of a site that was suffering some of these issues.

Here's the web-based utility I used: https://www.dareboost.com/en

Not so sure if it would be fair to run it again at the moment, knowing they've pulled the site apart and are currently working on it.  

Very funny this, I normally never look at my watch but every time I want to open a lot of pages the time is either :02 or :32  .   So just have to leave the computer and come back in 3 minutes. Very annoying. 

9 hours ago, balo said:

Very funny this, I normally never look at my watch but every time I want to open a lot of pages the time is either :02 or :32  .   So just have to leave the computer and come back in 3 minutes. Very annoying. 

The same as me.

I walk up and down the stairs a couple of times for exercise and to get me from out of the chair for a while.

It seems odd to me that this timing thing has been going on for a couple of weeks now and it still hasn't been fixed yet.

Do you think there may be a clue in the timing?

9 hours ago, balo said:

As a previous poster noted its just the right amount of time to make a bacon sandwich and then a cup of coffee when the other dead zone arrives :biggrin:

My notifications (for reactions and post quotes) have, for the last couple of day stopped working. This is on my laptop (using Microsoft Edge). They are however still working on the app on my iPad. So far I've tried clearing the old notifications and logging out and in again to no avail. I haven't. to my knowledge changed anything in the notification settings.

Has any one else experienced this? 

5 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

My notifications (for reactions and post quotes) have, for the last couple of day stopped working. This is on my laptop (using Microsoft Edge). They are however still working on the app on my iPad. So far I've tried clearing the old notifications and logging out and in again to no avail. I haven't. to my knowledge changed anything in the notification settings.

Has any one else experienced this? 

Yes mine does the same, but I have found if I put a shilling in the USB slot, it is usually good for 1 hour.

26 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It seems odd to me that this timing thing has been going on for a couple of weeks now and it still hasn't been fixed yet.

Do you think there may be a clue in the timing?

I doubt that the actual timing (x.02 and x.32) is relevant at all. I expect that this is actually some cron job firing every 30 minutes. Possibly some sort of archiving or indexing task, or maybe something to do with cacheing.
And I expect that it will show up as high CPU usage for a couple of minutes if anyone cares to check the server logs.

44 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I doubt that the actual timing (x.02 and x.32) is relevant at all. I expect that this is actually some cron job firing every 30 minutes. Possibly some sort of archiving or indexing task, or maybe something to do with cacheing.
And I expect that it will show up as high CPU usage for a couple of minutes if anyone cares to check the server logs.

But it never used to happen so this must be yet another "improvement" problem.

Unfortunately none of oiks are allowed to "play" on the server in case we cause a problem.

Surely after all this time, you must have found out something about the 30 minutes delays ??

We are talking months, not weeks anymore .   Today it's been even slower than usual here. Last I checked at  :32 and 4 minutes wait for notifications and pages to load. 

There are technical people out there who know what this is all about , it's not a mystery if you contact them. 

Archived