Forum very slow and pages not loading

balo

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like yelling fire at the fireman that are putting out the blaze

No amount of reporting is going to fix this, they just don't care

They get enough clicks from the ads to pay the bills and until an alternative web site for foreigners opens there is really no incentive to fix the problems

We provide the content, yet the owners of this site reap the benefits of a captive audience.  They win and we waste our time waiting  

I also have been having a lot of problems loading pages and threads on the website. I just timed trying to open a thread and it took a full minute to open. Other websites I use do not have this problem so I do not believe it is on my end. I hope you can look into this problem, thanks.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

It's getting beyond silly now.

The 2-4 minutes behind the hour and the half hour has now increased to 8 minutes.

It is about 4 or 5 minutes for me.

In one way it is a good thing as it gets me out of my chair and exercise by walking up and down the stairs or wander off to the kitchen to make a coffee or something.

So for me the crap service does have a silver lining (though slightly tarnished).

I didn't time it BUT I now just open other sites alongside and use them while its thinking

Today TV FB and Daily mail

While TV was opening earlier i spoke to my sis in UK  on Facebook (shes working nights) to order a pair of jeans, did all that sent her the jeans link TV still waiting to open so carried on reading DM.

As we say in Dudley its *****d roughly translated it means something is not right:coffee1:

5 hours ago, madmen said:

Sound like this site is not generating enough money to pay for it. There really is no other explanation

There's always the standard explanation for things that don't work in Thailand. Somebody has let a somchai "fix it". Usually can't really be fixed anymore, has to be completely reprogrammed. 

12 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

This is like yelling fire at the fireman that are putting out the blaze

No amount of reporting is going to fix this, they just don't care

They get enough clicks from the ads to pay the bills and until an alternative web site for foreigners opens there is really no incentive to fix the problems

We provide the content, yet the owners of this site reap the benefits of a captive audience.  They win and we waste our time waiting  

Do people actually click on the ads?  I don't look for any products, I don't buy any products.   I don't click on any ads.  Maybe they get money if the pages I look at have the ads banners.  But the site is really bad from a speed and functioning point of view.  

13 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Do people actually click on the ads?  I don't look for any products, I don't buy any products.   I don't click on any ads.  Maybe they get money if the pages I look at have the ads banners.  But the site is really bad from a speed and functioning point of view.  

Me neither, nor have I ever done so in the last 15 years I have been a member of the forum.

When It was run properly it worked first time every time but since the Nation has taken it over, the content quality has gone down a little and the quality of the site has gone down a lot. 

There are several forums which I like, Jokes and funnies, Thai Visa information, both have always been good, but most of the rest I wouldn't miss if I decided to leave the forum.

They sell based on forum traffic. Once someone pays for an ad it don't matter if it gets clicked or not, TV has the money in pocket

12 minutes ago, madmen said:
27 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

They sell based on forum traffic. Once someone pays for an ad it don't matter if it gets clicked or not, TV has the money in pocket

Don't they get google adsense?

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

It is about 4 or 5 minutes for me.

In one way it is a good thing as it gets me out of my chair and exercise by walking up and down the stairs or wander off to the kitchen to make a coffee or something.

So for me the crap service does have a silver lining (though slightly tarnished).

Be careful, you might gain weight by visiting the kitchen often.

Guys, we fully understand and share in your frustration.

We are told its being worked on and they hope to solve the software issue/clash in due course.

As soon as we know more you will be told.

Please can we stop with the derogatory remarks and endless speculation.

Thank you for your support and continued patience whilst this work is being carried out.

It's like going back in time to "dial up", remember that, only worse,

the pages are loading in bytes, the management claim to make improvements,

but so far each and everyone has been a disaster,why its taking so long to

rectify this one is anyone guess,off to make a cuppa and a sandwich before

the next page loads.

regards woregeordie

3 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Don't they get google adsense?

There is a combination of Google ad's and embedded ads. 

The ones that are obviously tailored to your location, and importantly can be closed are Google, the rest, Villa Market, rabbit Finance and the like are embedded TVF

10 hours ago, CharlieH said:

We are told its being worked on and they hope to solve the software issue/clash in due course.

Thank you for your support and continued patience whilst this work is being carried out.

Charlie, is this a new thing where when you comment on a topic it used to automaticly allow you to receive further posts. Now one has to click the 'follow' button to see further posts, It might be that all posters have not realised this. 

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Charlie, is this a new thing where when you comment on a topic it used to automaticly allow you to receive further posts. Now one has to click the 'follow' button to see further posts, It might be that all posters have not realised this. 

Whilst this technical work is going on there may we'll be some changes in use and function until it's resolved and normal service is restored.

13 hours ago, CharlieH said:

It's the "in due course" part that worries me....

14 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Hi Charlie.

This morning at 11.35 first login gave a 520 error, the second login took 4 minutes to get to the front page, another 4 minutes to open my notifications and a further 3 minutes to actually open the first one I wanted which was this page and your post.

I do understand and appreciate the moderators and the work that they put in but the moderators must understand that the derogatory remarks are not aimed at them but frustration the the site owners are dumping onto you guys what is essentially their problem.

The owners and the operators can't seem to understand that it is THEIR responsibility to make the apologies and not the moderators which is something they have consistently failed to do.

This set of problems has been running for nearly 3 weeks now and for any commercial enterprise to allow it to do so for this amount of time shows how much interest they take in the posters on the site. 

My recommendation is for Thai visa web publishers to throw this old forum script to the dogs and go for a whole new design.  

I haven't looked to see what newer public domain freeware forum scripts there are but I'm sure there are some. Go for it guys. Pull down this old house and rebuild . 

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

It's the "in due course" part that worries me....

Or, in other words, "in the fullness of time" or "at the appropriate juncture" to paraphrase Sir Humphrey Appleby from "Yes Minister"!

Just now, billd766 said:

Hi Charlie.

This morning at 11.35 first login gave a 520 error, the second login took 4 minutes to get to the front page, another 4 minutes to open my notifications and a further 3 minutes to actually open the first one I wanted which was this page and your post.

I do understand and appreciate the moderators and the work that they put in but the moderators must understand that the derogatory remarks are not aimed at them but frustration the the site owners are dumping onto you guys what is essentially their problem.

The owners and the operators can

As far as I can make out, the problems mainly occur around the half hour and hour?

7 minutes ago, stud858 said:

My recommendation is for Thai visa web publishers to throw this old forum script to the dogs and go for a whole new design.  

I haven't looked to see what newer public domain freeware forum scripts there are but I'm sure there are some. Go for it guys. Pull down this old house and rebuild . 

Old forum script ?

10 minutes ago, stud858 said:

i would change my password these days. 

Archived