Phuket Immigration to launch ‘Drive Thru’ service

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“My inspiration for the Drive Thru project is that lots of tourist come to the Phuket Immigration Office in the high season for simple procedures, such as visa extensions,” he said.

Is Visa Extension simple??/ Every immigration office has its own rules...Look like not in the same country..

The contrast between different Immigration Offices is unbelievable. Compared to many, Chiang Mai is in the stone age!

Does anyone know if any of the other immigration offices still offer the Queue Online System,where appointments could be booked online for extensions?

What an even more pleasant experience of a trip to Immigration. Now, there'll be no parking available inside the complex (if you can call it that), so bank on an extra hour messing around finding a spot and a good lengthy walk in the pouring rain if your doing say an extension, then walking through a putrid fog of static exhaust fumes (from all the cars waiting in line). So, then all the staff are even more miserable as they've been breathing in all that stuff from 8am. Well done guys, looking forward to my next visit.

I live in another part of the country, although I can't complain about the time it takes to do the "mandatory 90 days" as they take your passport as soon as you enter without having to take a seat ticket as you do for visa applications, I'm usually there for no more than 5 minutes.. the problem is it takes over an hour to get there and another hour or more to get home.

As a long term retirement visa holder I wish they would sort out the online system so I wouldn't have to go at all !!

After it was first introduced it worked for me on three occasions, then wouldn't go beyond page 1, prompting me to go to the office... I've never changed any details or passport?

Even the office have commented "why you don't do it online" I replied I have and cannot complete the form beyond page one, they even tried to do it online at the office using my details, same result. Just shrugged their shoulders and said see you in 90 days !!

5 hours ago, eggers said:

Believe, the online reporting has been improved, now only takes a few minutes & receipt issues same day!!

Friend did this week using Apple IOS !! Drive thru is used @ Land Transport Sukhumvit for vehicle registration; works  v well!! 

Glad to know the online system has improved. 

Well, it sort of makes sense. Car. Drive a car. Drive a car to register a car. At the car registration center. Through the drive thru. You know. ????

How about: drive a car through the drive thru missing the affidavit for the annual extension or whatever other complication requiring further photocopies, maps of where you live and all that? How does that sound? ????

Ah...ok...simple procedures. Well there is the online environment for those.

Just saying. I believe they are concentrating their efforts in the wrong direction, that's all. 

9 hours ago, smedly said:

works with the new one unless I leave Thailand

Maybe the new passport has to be put in the system. I’ve taken

my new passport to immigration all the stamps and such and it was updated in the system..

12 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Maybe the new passport has to be put in the system. I’ve taken

my new passport to immigration all the stamps and such and it was updated in the system..

so just to be clear as to what you are saying

- you have renewed your passport inside Thailand and have never left the country using your new passport

- you have successfully completed an online 90 day report with this new passport

Is that correct ? is that what you are claiming ?

Or do you not understand what you are saying or you are trolling this thread ? 

18 hours ago, madmitch said:

Well, it's different. I wonder if they'll route the light rail system through the office as well?

"Well, it's different."

Hopefully it means that someone has done the work to speed up many processes otherwise it will fail on day one, and hopefully the gains in efficiency /speed rubs off on whatever means of process the foreigner uses: drive thru, visit office, etc. 

10 hours ago, smedly said:

online reporting which I used with my old passport no longer works with the new one unless I leave Thailand

Strange. When I got my new PP, I did one 90 day report at the office then subsequent ones on-line once the new info was in the system. Easy peasy.

1 hour ago, lkv said:

Glad to know the online system has improved. 

Well, it sort of makes sense. Car. Drive a car. Drive a car to register a car. At the car registration center. Through the drive thru. You know. ????

How about: drive a car through the drive thru missing the affidavit for the annual extension or whatever other complication requiring further photocopies, maps of where you live and all that? How does that sound? ????

Ah...ok...simple procedures. Well there is the online environment for those.

Just saying. I believe they are concentrating their efforts in the wrong direction, that's all. 

Well maybe what's needed is for much clearer explanations of the documents needed then it's up to the foreigner to ensure they have all documents in order before using the drive thru.

Not rocket science, if there's a document missing from the posted clear list you can't expect to be fully processed, then go and get the document and do the drive thru again.

13 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Strange. When I got my new PP, I did one 90 day report at the office then subsequent ones on-line once the new info was in the system. Easy peasy.

if that is correct then it is very new event, it has be long understood that you need to leave Thailand for the new passport to work with online reporting

it also comes as good news if correct

32 minutes ago, mikebike said:

‘Twas 2017.

wow that is very strange indeed, everyone including our very well learned TVF experts have always said you need to leave the country with a new passport to get it entered in the system properly for online 90 day reporting

and you are absolutely sure you never left Thailand with your new passport ? sorry to ask again but it is critical

which IO did you use

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

wow that is very strange indeed, everyone including our very well learned TVF experts have always said you need to leave the country with a new passport to get it entered in the system properly for online 90 day reporting

and you are absolutely sure you never left Thailand with your new passport ? sorry to ask again but it is critical

which IO did you use

NST. They just did a 90 day then said next time online OK... and it was!!

19 minutes ago, mikebike said:

NST. They just did a 90 day then said next time online OK... and it was!!

cool, I never tried after my passport renewal because I just took it for granted it wouldn't work

you should update this info to the 90 day online reporting thread

11 hours ago, smedly said:

online reporting which I used with my old passport no longer works with the new one unless I leave Thailand

That's my experience. Got new UK passport November 2017. Applied fro one year expension at Phuket Immigration and transferred all Immigration details into new passport, Could not make 90 day online work. Business trip out to Singapore June 2018 using re-entry permit. Online 90 day worked fine after that. 

28 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

That's my experience. Got new UK passport November 2017. Applied fro one year expension at Phuket Immigration and transferred all Immigration details into new passport, Could not make 90 day online work. Business trip out to Singapore June 2018 using re-entry permit. Online 90 day worked fine after that. 

what this tells me is that it is possible to enter a new passport on the system at a local office if there was someone willing to do it to enable online 90 day reporting, the reason for not doing it is unclear, they say they can't but that now seems more like won't, IMO it is so their desk remains busy and keeps them there, protectionism which I have observed in many types of employment here - half doing things so they need to keep coming back over and over, e.g. cable tv goes off after heavy rain, instead of permanently fixing the problem just dries it off until it rains again. 

Just give the expats a credit card type ID card, for those who have been in the country longer than 5 years. Put a swipe machine in the 7-11's.

If you overstay, the immi police can just go to your home and arrest you.

Simple, after 5 years here, you should be well aware of all the immi rules right?

Soon immi will want to see you in person I have been told. No more agents doing the dirty work for you. You will see new signs going up soon, No Face, No Visa nor Permit to Stay or Multiple Entry Stamp.

3 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

Well I'm sitting on the right side and drive my car, so why they have the hatch on the left side? are we reversing around the building.

It was be just too easy for them to reverse the in and out entrances and reverse the traffic flow. But hey TIT.

Archived