542 foreigners arrested in latest weekly crackdown

webfact

542 foreigners arrested in latest weekly crackdown

By The Nation

5ec96251178ae195eb942ec42ab2c6a6.jpeg

Police searched 262 locations around the country on Thursday and arrested 542 foreigners who have been living in Thailand illegally and/or committed criminal offences.

Pol Col Nithithorn Jintakanon, acting traffic police chief, held a press conference at 2.30am on Friday at the car park of the RCA (Royal City Avenue) entertainment complex near New Phetchaburi Road, Bangkok, to announce the results of the 25th Operation X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner.

He said 48 foreigners had been arrested for overstaying their visas, 262 for sneaking into the kingdom without a visa and 232 others on other charges.

Nithithorn said this was the 39th crackdown on foreigners living illegally in Thailand, with the previous operations called Operation Black Eagle.

Police have so far conducted more than 5,570 searches and arrested 4,773 foreigners, with more than 3,500 foreigners blacklisted and deported, Nithithorn added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358680

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-16

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

If Big Joke is not in the picture..........false news!!

Big Joke is probably avoiding us, given 3 weeks ago, he said there were only 500 left and this is the second time since that more than 500 were picked up and reported. Adding to the fact that he said he had nicked 99,500, but now it seems the number is actually only 4,773, a slight miscalculation it would seem.

4 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Big Joke is probably avoiding us, given 3 weeks ago, there were only 500 left and this is the second time since that more than 500 were picked up and reported. Adding to the fact that he said he had nicked 99,500, but now it seems the number is actually only 4,773, a slight miscalculation it would seem.

Well, you know how bad Thais are with numbers, figures and decimals.... for example, "99,500" probably was meant to be only "995.00".

13 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Big Joke is probably avoiding us, given 3 weeks ago, he said there were only 500 left and this is the second time since that more than 500 were picked up and reported. Adding to the fact that he said he had nicked 99,500, but now it seems the number is actually only 4,773, a slight miscalculation it would seem.

He is using the same calculator as TAT.......????

25 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I  don't trust those figures....They only use them to impress.

42 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

are we at the point yet where being a foreigner is a criminal offense ?

I am waiting for the day they lock all foreigners bank accounts and make them leave with just the clothes on their back. Then they can all throw a big nationwide party at the Farangs expense. 

14 minutes ago, ravip said:

Is it a crime to kick out foreigners who have no visa, fake visas &/or overstayed? Should Thailand do away with the visa system and welcome all & sundry?

I think 'Thailand' should go about their arresting of foreigners and deporting them in a more tactful way. 

You ever walked through the 'nothing to declare' part of an airport and suddenly felt uncomfortable and nervous, even though you know you've done nothing wrong and you really do have nothing to declare? Yea, that's the feeling some genuine tourists and expats may be feeling when seeing these kind of stories, etc. 

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I suspect the rate of inflow of illegals is very high hence they will probably need to identify them at the rate of 500 a week just to stay even.

43 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

All these numbers are a damning indictment of the ineffectiveness of the immigration department. As Head (or acting head) shouldn't BJ be looking within to fix the problem?

Thais NEVER look within. It's always someone else who's to blame for all and everything.

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

I know that. I have been married to one for 32 years ...

You're a strong man indeed. 

I've been with one for 12 years now, 

and each day is a struggle to get through it...

All I can do, is shake my head and count the months when our children will turn 18.

As the following day I'm gone.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I think 'Thailand' should go about their arresting of foreigners and deporting them in a more tactful way. 

You ever walked through the 'nothing to declare' part of an airport and suddenly felt uncomfortable and nervous, even though you know you've done nothing wrong and you really do have nothing to declare? Yea, that's the feeling some genuine tourists and expats may be feeling when seeing these kind of stories, etc. 

No, the only time that I get nervous  walking though customs is when I have five bottles of Jack Daniels stashed in my bag and when I walk through the Green section 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, the only time that I get nervous  walking though customs is when I have five bottles of Jack Daniels stashed in my bag and when I walk through the Green section 

Well, that's you. And you're clearly special. 

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Apparently, tact does not work >>> More

Archived