542 foreigners arrested in latest weekly crackdown

webfact

1 hour ago, wealthychef said:

Another distraction from corruption and wealth concentration.  

Indeed. They're very good at what they do. Distraction to an art.

Directed towards those that are most easily swayed......quite obvious.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, zzaa09 said:

Indeed. They're very good at what they do. Distraction to an art.

Directed towards those that are most easily swayed......quite obvious.

This I think is the heart of capitalism -- use the labor of others to gain power for yourself, which inevitably it turns to oppression and disintegrates society.  

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Big Joke is probably avoiding us, given 3 weeks ago, he said there were only 500 left and this is the second time since that more than 500 were picked up and reported. Adding to the fact that he said he had nicked 99,500, but now it seems the number is actually only 4,773, a slight miscalculation it would seem.

Hell, anybody's entitled to make a simple mistake now and then.????

Motorcycled down beach rd. Pattaya from Dolphin island to Walking St. left turn last night. 4 police check point in that distance alone all pulling over anyone they could scam a few baht off. The place is a shambles and they wonder why no one’s is coming.

Passed that land mark years ago. I believe the Thai constitution is the only one that does not recognise human rights. I stand to be and will be no doubt corrected on this I hope.

Your right ! There is no written constitution that relates to “human rights and civil liberties “ never has been ! There are laws of defamation that prevent you from exposing criminal behaviour !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, ravip said:

Is it a crime to kick out foreigners who have no visa, fake visas &/or overstayed? Should Thailand do away with the visa system and welcome all & sundry?

and end up like the UK? Oh! wait, there won't be any benefits to claim for.:cheesy:

3 hours ago, balo said:

Good job BJ , bad guys out , good guys in.   As you promised. 

Please send me a good guy sticker to wear before the next crackdown. 

Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys? The old fat, ugly, tattooed, facial haired rich guy who marries the forty year younger Thai girl and provides for her children, brothers, sisters and parents, is the good guy right?

The tall, slim, clean shaven, handsome, but not rich, guy who marries the girl twenty years younger with University degrees and a good job is the bad guy. Right again?

A rap on the knuckles for you Possum.????

I think 'Thailand' should go about their arresting of foreigners and deporting them in a more tactful way. 

You ever walked through the 'nothing to declare' part of an airport and suddenly felt uncomfortable and nervous, even though you know you've done nothing wrong and you really do have nothing to declare? Yea, that's the feeling some genuine tourists and expats may be feeling when seeing these kind of stories, etc. 
Absolutely that way here in Chiang Mai. Not a warm fuzzy feeling at all.

8 hours ago, ravip said:

Is it a crime to kick out foreigners who have no visa, fake visas &/or overstayed? Should Thailand do away with the visa system and welcome all & sundry?

Absolootlee!!

IMO I feel safer in Thailand when they do arrest and deport those expats not here legally. Not meaning to attack anyone but all countries have the right to set the rules and enforce them. Thailand has certain minimum requirements to live here year around. They are now enforcing those requirements.  IMO that is a good thing and hope it continues. 

11 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The point is; most members don't like the guy...

most members don't like the guy

Since for many of them the list of the people they like holding entirely on half a subway ticket it is only pure mathematical logic :tongue:

13 hours ago, rkidlad said:

that's the feeling some genuine tourists and expats may be feeling when seeing these kind of stories, etc. 

I have lots of friends that visit Thailand from time to time as genuine tourists/visitors. None of them ever stopped and questioned by immigration, none was ever asked to show onward ticket nor funds. Basically all those that report here about such problems are people who spend more time in Thailand than elsewhere and therefore don't fit the description of tourist/visitor

15 hours ago, YetAnother said:

are we at the point yet where being a foreigner is a criminal offense ?

Not yet if we exclude the scapegoat syndrome….

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Big Joke is probably avoiding us, given 3 weeks ago, he said there were only 500 left and this is the second time since that more than 500 were picked up and reported. Adding to the fact that he said he had nicked 99,500, but now it seems the number is actually only 4,773, a slight miscalculation it would seem.

Agreed BUT we should be used to regular nonsensical announcements from "authorities". :coffee1:

Archived