542 foreigners arrested in latest weekly crackdown

webfact

20 hours ago, ravip said:

Is it a crime to kick out foreigners who have no visa, fake visas &/or overstayed? Should Thailand do away with the visa system and welcome all & sundry?

That would be closing a money avenue and that isn't likely to happen here.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

I have lots of friends that visit Thailand from time to time as genuine tourists/visitors. None of them ever stopped and questioned by immigration, none was ever asked to show onward ticket nor funds. Basically all those that report here about such problems are people who spend more time in Thailand than elsewhere and therefore don't fit the description of tourist/visitor

I’m talking about genuine tourists and expats who read these stories. Not your friends who come through immigration. No one said anything about genuine tourists or expats getting stopped coming through immigration. 

21 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Well, you know how bad Thais are with numbers, figures and decimals.... for example, "99,500" probably was meant to be only "995.00".

lived here 18 years nothing surprises me with the Thais, words fail me, how stupid they can be.

worse of all these faranges all fall for it, and keep marrying the morans. so so sad.

21 hours ago, ravip said:

Is it a crime to kick out foreigners who have no visa, fake visas &/or overstayed? Should Thailand do away with the visa system and welcome all & sundry?

lived here 18 years, looking around Pattaya over the years i thought thats what they did, welcome all & sundry ????

21 hours ago, vinegarbase said:

I am waiting for the day they lock all foreigners bank accounts and make them leave with just the clothes on their back. Then they can all throw a big nationwide party at the Farangs expense. 

Ah ha now I know why they want us all to have 800,000thb in bank

6 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Facial hair is back in fashion, you're likely to see much more of it on young guys than old these days. 

Yes you are right, back in the UK a good few years ago, I was with many a girl mainly due to my work and never met one who liked guys with facial hair.

How times have changed, it used to be mainly that guys who grew it to hide unattractive faces.

12 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I’m talking about genuine tourists and expats who read these stories. Not your friends who come through immigration. No one said anything about genuine tourists or expats getting stopped coming through immigration. 

well, if genuine tourists and expats are not being stopped and harassed what is there to worry about?

21 hours ago, YetAnother said:

are we at the point yet where being a foreigner is a criminal offense ?

Only foreigners can commit visa offences. It's people like you and the ones who liked your comments are probably responsible for the embassy letter decision. You all moan about the corruption here, then when the law clamp down, you moan about it. Don't wait to see if you will be able to renew your visa, just go back to where you come from now. 

My local police chief visited my house yesterday to take pics of me and the wife and my passport and retirement visa.........  Other guys around here had similar visits......... anybody else had visits ?
No, but I did get called in to Immigration because they though, erroneously that I was an overstayer!! I renewed my retirement extension a week earlier, 2 days before it expired, but for some reason they thought I hadn't. All very apologetic, but it did unnerve me somewhat! [emoji5]

Sent from my X98 Plus II (C2D6) using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, ravip said:

Many tourists come here without a visa and are allowed to stay for 30 days

I can go to the UK and many other countries without a visa

The diffence is most law abiding people comply with the law and leave and don’t abuse the privilege.

These people do not, if you don’t comply with the law don’t complain about the consequences.

47 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Only foreigners can commit visa offences. It's people like you and the ones who liked your comments are probably responsible for the embassy letter decision. You all moan about the corruption here, then when the law clamp down, you moan about it. Don't wait to see if you will be able to renew your visa, just go back to where you come from now. 

Well said, if if people hadn’t being abusing the income Statutory Declaration/ affidavit system to falsify their income declaration we probably wouldn’t have this problem.

23 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Big Joke is probably avoiding us, given 3 weeks ago, he said there were only 500 left and this is the second time since that more than 500 were picked up and reported. Adding to the fact that he said he had nicked 99,500, but now it seems the number is actually only 4,773, a slight miscalculation it would seem.

Related to Dianne Abbott perhaps or maybe Dianne's teacher was over here for a while.

51 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Well said, if if people hadn’t being abusing the income Statutory Declaration/ affidavit system to falsify their income declaration we probably wouldn’t have this problem.

The Aus in your name must mean your an Ozzie. An intellegent comment.

I have had to be fingerprinted twice, once for the Bureau of Investigation and once for the Immigration Department to get a special one year Visa which will allow me a five year or permanent Visa in one year here in the Philippines and I have no problem with that. I did what the Thai Government required for 30 years and now I live and will die here in the PI.

11 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

I have had to be fingerprinted twice, once for the Bureau of Investigation and once for the Immigration Department to get a special one year Visa which will allow me a five year or permanent Visa in one year here in the Philippines and I have no problem with that. I did what the Thai Government required for 30 years and now I live and will die here in the PI.

Well, I'm from one of the 'fourteen eyes countries' were NSA control everything.

52 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

I love Big Joke. The tougher the Visa requirements the less crap you have in your country. Check out Canada, America and all of Europe if you want to see what open borders gets you.

actually, Europe's rules are very strict... except for illegal immigration. go figure.

4 hours ago, catman20 said:

lived here 18 years nothing surprises me with the Thais, words fail me, how stupid they can be.

worse of all these faranges all fall for it, and keep marrying the morans. so so sad.

But how sad are people who slag off farangs, call Thai people morons and cannot spell either word.

8 hours ago, cleverman said:

The Aus in your name must mean your an Ozzie. An intellegent comment.

Yes and thank you.

As a matter of interest at the beginning of last year the Aus Consulate announced that they would require proof of income before certifying statutory declarations for the purpose of obtaining Retirement Extensions/ Marriage visas.

It was withdrawn after about a month as they were overruled by Canberra.

From enquiries I made I was informed that the original request was made by Thai Immigration.

Its obvious to me that Thai Immigration have been aware that the system has been abused by many nationalities.

3 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Yes and thank you.

As a matter of interest at the beginning of last year the Aus Consulate announced that they would require proof of income before certifying statutory declarations for the purpose of obtaining Retirement Extensions/ Marriage visas.

It was withdrawn after about a month as they were overruled by Canberra.

From enquiries I made I was informed that the original request was made by Thai Immigration.

Its obvious to me that Thai Immigration have been aware that the system has been abused by many nationalities.

Why did you. post that. It's gunna generate another 10,000 replies. 

On 11/16/2018 at 10:42 AM, rkidlad said:

I think 'Thailand' should go about their arresting of foreigners and deporting them in a more tactful way. 

You ever walked through the 'nothing to declare' part of an airport and suddenly felt uncomfortable and nervous, even though you know you've done nothing wrong and you really do have nothing to declare? Yea, that's the feeling some genuine tourists and expats may be feeling when seeing these kind of stories, etc. 

No, Never, been thru that Green zone a couple hundred times........never been nervous becuse I don;t come in with undeclared items............why would you be??

I love Big Joke. The tougher the Visa requirements the less crap you have in your country. Check out Canada, America and all of Europe if you want to see what open borders gets you.
If only the UK/USA had "open borders"! It might be easier getting Thai wives/partners into the country!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 11/16/2018 at 10:42 AM, rkidlad said:

I think 'Thailand' should go about their arresting of foreigners and deporting them in a more tactful way. 

You ever walked through the 'nothing to declare' part of an airport and suddenly felt uncomfortable and nervous, even though you know you've done nothing wrong and you really do have nothing to declare? Yea, that's the feeling some genuine tourists and expats may be feeling when seeing these kind of stories, etc. 

Especially when they turn up at your house.

On 11/16/2018 at 2:31 PM, dotpoom said:

Do the same things not happen in your country? I know in mine the process of getting a visa to live and work there if you come from outside Europe is beyond belief ..it's so difficult, a lot harder than it is here.  

Yes BUT no 90 day reporting and if they turn up at your house show passport with visa and ok not have to show all paperwork again + photos + tell them when you move or go on holiday i.e. check in to hotel.

On 11/16/2018 at 7:49 PM, Humpy said:

My local police chief visited my house yesterday to take pics of me and the wife and my passport and retirement visa.........  Other guys around here had similar visits......... anybody else had visits ?

Yes 4 i.o. and show all docs again .made to sit on the bed with wife while they took photos. i also have a retirement visa. Harassment and intimidation at its best. been here 10 yrs.

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Yes 4 i.o. and show all docs again .made to sit on the bed with wife while they took photos. i also have a retirement visa. Harassment and intimidation at its best. been here 10 yrs.

Maybe it is because the "keystone brigade" are not very smart and thus use the old adage "throw enough sh$t at the wall and maybe some will stick". Just a numbers game. ????

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Asked me to do likewise and I got very upset with them. Asked them how the hell does sitting on the bed prove that we are married but marriage certificate isn't good enough.

My wife and I wouldn't pose for them and they can get fecked if they don't want to renew me next time.

Give them a uniform and they go nuts!

Archived