542 foreigners arrested in latest weekly crackdown

webfact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/17/2018 at 12:41 PM, rott said:

But how sad are people who slag off farangs, call Thai people morons and cannot spell either word.

i wound not know, just how stupid would YOU say they were ?

and would you say that would stop those sorts of people from becoming extremely wealthy and company owners also?

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

i wound not know, just how stupid would YOU say they were ?

and would you say that would stop those sorts of people from becoming extremely wealthy and company owners also?

I do not like to use the word stupid. Calling somebody a moron when you cannot spell the word, I described as sad. As is coming on an anonymous forum and bragging about your (real or imagined) wealth. But I think enough now.

2 hours ago, rott said:

I do not like to use the word stupid. Calling somebody a moron when you cannot spell the word, I described as sad. As is coming on an anonymous forum and bragging about your (real or imagined) wealth. But I think enough now.

who was bragging about wealth ? not me, im not wealthy but there are a string of celebrities/ famous people that fit into that category

On 11/16/2018 at 10:32 AM, Phuketshrew said:

All these numbers are a damning indictment of the ineffectiveness of the immigration department. As Head (or acting head) shouldn't BJ be looking within to fix the problem?

Thailand has a long mountainous porous border with neighboring countries if you care to look at the map. Maybe they are already looking to fix the problem and booting the illegals is the first step.

On 11/17/2018 at 6:23 PM, StevieAus said:

Yes and thank you.

As a matter of interest at the beginning of last year the Aus Consulate announced that they would require proof of income before certifying statutory declarations for the purpose of obtaining Retirement Extensions/ Marriage visas.

It was withdrawn after about a month as they were overruled by Canberra.

From enquiries I made I was informed that the original request was made by Thai Immigration.

Its obvious to me that Thai Immigration have been aware that the system has been abused by many nationalities.

Thai immigration is not naive to not know about the abuse of statutory declarations. It is just that the time was not ripe for stricter scrutiny then but it is now..

On 11/16/2018 at 8:43 PM, roadrunner32 said:

Those numbers seems little credible to me I think it's just propaganda Anyway the great majority of the arrested come from the neighboring countries. 

Low hanging fruits. Easy to spot too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived