Trash men back at Tesco North Pattaya

Rimmer

Trash men back at Tesco North Pattaya

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya’s trash collectors were back behind Tesco-Lotus on North Road which has been suffering chronic problems with illegal dumping.

The Sanitation Department deployed trash trucks to collect all the refuse left in the vacant property behind the North Pattaya supermarket. They also went around to neighboring homes and businesses to warn them not to dump trash there and to report anyone they see.

On Sept. 3, Pattaya officials arrested a person responsible for repeatedly dumping construction debris behind Tesco-Lotus. He was driving wood scraps and weeds in a motorbike sidecar to dump behind the store.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-11-16

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

They also went around to neighboring homes and businesses to warn them not to dump trash there and to report anyone they see.

And yet again  no mention of a place to officially dump waste...why ? because there isn't one ?

This trend will just continue all over the country until authorities implement stiffer penalties. I believe in U.K. now councils can impose an immediate fine of 400 pounds sterling. If a case goes to court the fine can be up to 50,000 Sterling. Every day when taking my Son to school I see at least one person throw a bag into the roadside vegetation from a bike, and sometimes even a car !!! No respect for their own country.....Sad......

I just wish they would do the same at the trash dump in the hills of Khao Mai Kaeo

Its bad enough that truck loads of trash from Commercial sources are  dumped there illegally, but then every day or 2 its all set alight by trash recyclers.

The whole village is complaining about this, and has been for a considerable number of years, but the local Administation Office are unable or are incapable of doing anything about the situation. ( no money in it for the possibly )

The Thais are killing their own people with all the pollution, and nobody cares, a very sad thing indeed.

Archived