Chonburi: Mum blames ghost for possessing son who was electrocuted at football pitch

webfact

Mum blames ghost for possessing son who was electrocuted at football pitch

6pm.jpg

Pictures: Sanook

The mother of a boy who was electrocuted after climbing to bash a faulty light at a municipal football pitch has blamed a ghost.

Ploidech or "Nun" aged just 16 was playing football with his mates in Samet sub-district in Chonburi  on Tuesday evening when one of four floodlights went out. 

He kicked the post of the light to get it to work but when that didn't have the desired effct he scaled the fence. 

He then hit the light with his hand and was electrocuted and fell to the ground. 

He had a burnt right hand, swollen head and blood coming from his mouth and ear but was able to talk when his mother Watcharee arrived on the scene. 

6pm1.jpg

He was taken to Chonburi hospital and doctors told her it was just as well that she was quick or her son would have died. 

But then his conditioned worsened as a brain hemorrhage was discovered. The boy also had a ruptured spleen and liver from the fall. 

He was given emergency surgery and is now in a coma in ICU. His mother said she hopes he will pull through but is ready for the worst.

She told Sanook that her son had seen the hanging body of a suicide victim in the area of the football pitch just two days prior. She is convinced that the spirit of the deceased possessed her son and wanted to take him to die in the place of the suicide victim.

Why else would he have climbed up to that light?, she asked reporters. 

Deputy of the Samet sub-district Sumeth Phaisitsawet said that the football pitch was closed until further notice as an investigation is underway. 

He promised help for the victim. 

This is the first time there has been a problem at the football pitch in question. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-16

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The mother of a boy who was electrocuted after climbing to bash a faulty light at a municipal football pitch has blamed a ghost.

Firstly, I'm sorry the boy died.

He died due to electrocution, not a ghost. Sadly yet another person refusing to face up to the truth, and blaming it on something non-existent, thus trying to deny her son was responsible for the accident.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Why else would he have climbed up to that light?, she asked reporters.

To try and get it to turn on again, it was not a ghost to blame,

but a highly qualified Thai electrician.

Hope the lad makes a full recovery.

regards worgeordie

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

He died due to electrocution, not a ghost. Sadly yet another person refusing to face up to the truth, and blaming it on something non-existent, thus trying to deny her son was responsible for the accident.

According to the report, he is still alive but in a coma after emergency surgery. Let's hope he recovers.

22 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:
30 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

According to the report, he is still alive but in a coma after emergency surgery. Let's hope he recovers. 

I apologise immediately. I read 'electrocuted' and mistakenly thought it was fatal.

I looked in the dictionary which does confirm it as "to kill or severely injure by electric shock". My mistake.

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

That was what I had always thought too for years, working in telecoms.

However, "to kill or severely injure by electric shock"

Looked at a few dictionaries on the 'net. We're both right - depends which one you read............................i Love English

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She told Sanook that her son had seen the hanging body of a suicide victim in the area of the football pitch just two days prior.

That must have been the Norwegian guy ? The hanging body was visible from a long distance. 

Maybe tell her a farang is not same as Thai .  

Let's hope the boy recovers. 

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

To try and get it to turn on again, it was not a ghost to blame,

but a highly qualified Thai electrician.

Hope the lad makes a full recovery.

regards worgeordie

I must have missed the sign saying "in case of faulty lamp please climb up the pole and hit it with your hand to turn it on again."  Definitely the electrician is to blame.

I do concur with the wishes, though if it's really a broken liver it sounds bad.

5 minutes ago, Redline said:

This happens in busses and minivans often-trucks and motorbikes too.  We really need to know where people have died, so we can avoid these places.  Maybe some kind of phone app?  I hope the boy recovers

We need to find a ghost detector app for mobile phones.

Who ya gonna call - ghostbusters?

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:
2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

We need to find a ghost detector app for mobile phones.

You might be on to something. It would be a best seller here.

Right, I could base it on the design of the GT-200 bomb detector (multi-million dollar price tag) aka the novelty golf-ball finder ($10 price tag).

It would be just as successful finding ghosts as the GT-200 was at detecting bombs.

The PM, who was in charge of purchasing the GT-200 said when told it didn't work: "The guys using it believe it, that's what's important."

Same-same with a ghost detector.

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Sad story , but I do feel that theres no need to concentrate on the mothers beliefs or too ridicule them , at the moment 

A tragic event and a parents worst nightmare. Wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Parent deal with events like this in different ways, If it makes mom feel better to blame a ghost, be it. 

Ridiculing her is to say the least insensitive.

On 11/16/2018 at 10:02 PM, bluesofa said:

I could base it on the design of the GT-200 bomb detector

Package it as an app, call it GT-300, and sell it to the government. GT is short for ghost tester, 300 means it's 50% better.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:36 PM, bluesofa said:

where does it SAY THAT HE DIED ??????

Archived