Phuket Tourist Police asks night clubs to take care of foreign female customers

webfact

Phuket Tourist Police asks night clubs to take care of foreign female customers

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_4402.jpg

Tourist Police are asking Phuket night club operators to be responsible and look after female tourist customers.

This follows Phuket police arresting a man who sexually assaulted a British female tourist at Nai Harn last week.

The suspect, 40 year old Amnart ‘Mai’ Attajan, is now in custody for sexually assaulting the woman by taking advantage of her, whilst she was “unable to resist” (due to intoxication).

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-tourist-police-asks-night-clubs-to-take-care-of-foreign-female-customers

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-11-16

Women should not have to worry about getting raped/molested when getting pissed in the bar but they should also not throw commonsense out the window because they're on holiday. It's not like the dangers of setting yourself up as a target aren't well publicized world over. The brain should not be left on a shelf back home.

4 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Women should not have to worry about getting raped/molested when getting pissed in the bar but they should also not throw commonsense out the window because they're on holiday. It's not like the dangers of setting yourself up as a target aren't well publicized world over. The brain should not be left on a shelf back home.

are you blaming the victim? sorry that was the feminist coming out in me. unfortunately Thailand has more of a rape culture and no #METOO protection. women need to take extra precautions in the land of smiles.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourist Police are asking Phuket night club operators to be responsible and look after female tourist customers.

I have another idea........get off your lazy backsides, patrol at night, instead of going around taking backhanders or looking after your "Enterprises". Oh, and lets start handing out more severe penalties instead of a wai and a contribution to the police retirement fund.

16 hours ago, guest879 said:

are you blaming the victim? sorry that was the feminist coming out in me. unfortunately Thailand has more of a rape culture and no #METOO protection. women need to take extra precautions in the land of smiles.

I read the comment as a call for balanced responsibility - Women should not have to be worried about getting raped or molested .... men should NOT rape or molest - full stop!!!
Equally, women shouldn't throw caution to the wind and behave in a way that puts themselves at risk from guys who don't play by the rules of non-molestation.

2 hours ago, oztaurus said:

I read the comment as a call for balanced responsibility - Women should not have to be worried about getting raped or molested .... men should NOT rape or molest - full stop!!!
Equally, women shouldn't throw caution to the wind and behave in a way that puts themselves at risk from guys who don't play by the rules of non-molestation.

sounds sensible to me.

I don't think anyone, male or female, should be raped or molested, but farang women don't deserve any more protection than a farang man. If women come here and want to behave like idiots---exercising no caution when out drinking etc---then I'm hard pressed to feel much sympathy. In my opinion, the careless behavior of female tourists in Thailand is simply an extension of the sense of entitlement that women in Western countries have so overly developed in recent decades. Looking after them will merely contribute to their belief that they "deserve" more simply because they are women.

When girls wear sexy outfits showing their cleavage and their ass hanging out and their legs, they are turning on a primitive switch in the males brains to want to <deleted> her, girls know this but still decide to dress sexy. Most men can control but there’s always bloke who can’t. 

Girls, if your not planning on getting laid that night, then don’t bother wearing make up, cover your sexy bits up. Then maybe guys won’t sexually assault you.

On 11/17/2018 at 6:20 PM, Bonobojt said:

When girls wear sexy outfits showing their cleavage and their ass hanging out and their legs, they are turning on a primitive switch in the males brains to want to <deleted> her, girls know this but still decide to dress sexy. Most men can control but there’s always bloke who can’t. 

Girls, if your not planning on getting laid that night, then don’t bother wearing make up, cover your sexy bits up. Then maybe guys won’t sexually assault you.

Sorry, this cave man thinking went out a long time ago. Women, like men, should be able to dress exactly as they please without fear of being attacked and parents should ensure their children are brought up to understand this. Fear of attack should not be a necessary emotion for women and girls.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:40 PM, Classic Ray said:

Sorry, this cave man thinking went out a long time ago. Women, like men, should be able to dress exactly as they please without fear of being attacked and parents should ensure their children are brought up to understand this. Fear of attack should not be a necessary emotion for women and girls.

I’m just saying at the end of the day we are animals, humans are primates and males have primitive instincts towards females, I did say most men can control themselves and behave as our society expects, so most of the time women are safe even if they choose to dress in a sexy way. But sometimes they aren’t so lucky.

If there were no laws or punishments for such crimes then rapes and sexual assaults would be higher, because men are in nature are Dominant, power driven horny apes. We came from chimpanzees for god sakes look how crazy they are. 

• 8 months later...

Archived