BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

khunbillmex

I need Dummy guide to install scanner driver for Epson L220

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmd8800 and others who have helped - You are the best!

The L220 scanner is recognized by both Simple Scan and by Imagescan.

On Simple scan it 'runs' for about a second and then thinks it is done - it doesn't invoke the hardware. On Imagescan it does run but it has to be 'reminded' to Preview. It will then run but does not have any facility for cropping but it can scan and save. I have rebooted and have also removed and reinstalled both Simplescan and Imagescan but the problems I mentioned remain. I think I can live with them.

epson ready2scan.png

36 minutes ago, khunbillmex said:

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmd8800 and others who have helped - You are the best!

The L220 scanner is recognized by both Simple Scan and by Imagescan.

On Simple scan it 'runs' for about a second and then thinks it is done - it doesn't invoke the hardware. On Imagescan it does run but it has to be 'reminded' to Preview. It will then run but does not have any facility for cropping but it can scan and save. I have rebooted and have also removed and reinstalled both Simplescan and Imagescan but the problems I mentioned remain. I think I can live with them.

epson ready2scan.png

Happy days!!!

One thing you might want to look into is specific Ubuntu help forums. Usually someone has a problem exactly like yours. There are many forums and that is where Linux can really shine. TVF are ok but the global platforms have better reach.

So do a search in duckduckgo.com for say: epson l220 printer and scanner on ubuntu 18.04 LTS and you will see a few help forums listed like askubuntu.com. Sometimes people get short of tolerance but claim newbee status and try to make things work and usually people will be helpful.

When searching or asking online always be clear about environment you are using (i.e ubuntu 18.04 LTS etc) and be specific as you can about hardware or software issue. (epson l220 software version 1.0.4)

Will do!

I started this project out looking on Ubuntu forums but became increasingly frustrated basically by my lack of simple knowledge on Linux terms that is why I posted here on TVF just to see f I could attract some attention - and I sure did and it was just what I was looking for. I'll go back to the Ubuntu forums and look for the fixes to the scanner issues.