BREAKING: Major incident aboard Koh Samui ferry

webfact

About the same amount of smoke these disgusting rustbuckets spew out every day!

When you catch one, check out the Chinese or Korean writing and signs that have been painted over. These 'boats' look like they have already been retired in these countries...

1 hour ago, ParadiseLost said:

When you catch one, check out the Chinese or Korean writing and signs that have been painted over. These 'boats' look like they have already been retired in these countries...

Yep. The North Korean dear leader discarded these rust buckets as even he cared more about his people. 

16 hours ago, khunPer said:

I however presume Nemo and friends also would be happy, as the authorities here dump crashed aircraft bodies into the sea for the sake of marine life, that loves to inhabit outdated vessels that works as artificial reefs...????

plane-3.jpg

Fine if they have been properly de-toxed....

Think that knackered old bag of spanners (ie ferry) would have been full of toxic waste ????

19 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Mostly ex Chinese, but Seatran do fully recondition and re furbish theirs and carry out good maintenance .

8 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Mostly ex Chinese, but Seatran do fully recondition and re furbish theirs and carry out good maintenance .

Agree with that, Seatran is a first class company.

Unfortunately, they stopped servicing Koh Phangan many years ago so all we have are the rusty old Raja polluters. Surprising one hasn't gone down actually.

Their piers are also a disgrace.

On 11/17/2018 at 8:55 AM, ParadiseLost said:

One of the Raja boats still has the timetable from when it worked from Kobe pasted on the wall.

On 11/16/2018 at 6:03 PM, baansgr said:

I first boarded that vessel in 2002...wonder if its ever been serviced properly

Does adding bilge pumps as the hull springs more leaks count as servicing?  I counted ten 4" pumps running non stop on one I took to Samui, that's like having a hole in the boat that you could fit a person through.

Archived