Scary Experience in Samut Prakan - Ladyboys followed me to my room and demanded I give them money.

So I was chatting with a pretty Thai-Vietnamese girl online, when she said "Do you want to meet me?"  We started chatting because she claimed to be part Vietnamese originally from VN, and I'm planning to relocate to Vietnam.

I said, "Okay." We made a plan, and I didn't think anything was suspicious at first...  At least until it took an hour for someone that was allegedly in the neighborhood to show up. I thought, "But then there's Thainess... sometimes people are late... like... really really late after staring in the mirror for 45 minutes."

Finally I got the text that she'd arrived an hour and a half later.   I went downstairs to look for her, and was greeted by two ladyboys ... not quite the petite pretty girl from the picture.   I shook my head  and was like "This isn't right," and turned to go back to my room.  Instead I was followed, and they demanded I give them each 1000 baht. 

I told them no, and they were angry.  We were arguing in the hallway of my building making a lot of noise which was of course embarrassing for me.  Finally I told them I'd give em' 1400 (it was what I had on me) to just go and never let me hear from them again.  They didn't like it, but eventually stormed off.  I'm glad I didn't get beaten to death by a high heel shoe.... I've heard that happens. 

Now I'm worried about my safety in the coming week. They obviously know not only what building I live in, but what unit is mine.   Is this a thing?  Do I need to worry about these guys (both bigger than I am) coming back for some vengeance or additional money? 

In almost five years in Thailand, I've never had an experience like this before. As I said before, I'm already planning to leave Thailand for Vietnam due to it being harder for me to get SETVs lately, but this just sort of punctuated that decision. 

Ugh.. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Is it on CCTV ?

I assume so.    No idea if they are actually recording or just monitoring.   I don't think they have audio.  There are, however cameras or what look like Cameras in the halls and elevators.    

Perhaps one of em noticed the camera and that's why they just snatched the money, said "OK" and left?   One of them abruptly said "Just go" after about 5 minutes when I thought this might drag on on for 20.

The security here is so useless... They sleep at the desk, and sit beside the door that needs a keycard with it either standing wide open,  or  just watch as people stand beside it and catch it before it closes when a resident enters. 

IN this case I went through the door, thought it was over, then at the last minute I was joined in the elevator by these 'guests.' 

Happened to me in Cm years ago...was a newbie and got a freelancer---she decided to revisit me and bring a LB with her....they refused to leave my room...I got a thai buddy to evict them..always good to have a wing.

No more of that for me....was a bit scary also....thats what the boom boom rooms are for....

Could it have been a mix up?

some other dude in your condo having ordered the two LB's. Then they think you were him. That certainly explains their behavior. Have you talked to the Vietnam lease girl since? She may have arrived later and was waiting for you... 

13 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

Could it have been a mix up?

some other dude in your condo having ordered the two LB's. Then they think you were him. That certainly explains their behavior. Have you talked to the Vietnam lease girl since? She may have arrived later and was waiting for you... 

I blocked her and deleted her from my contact list as soon as they were gone.  

20 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Happened to me in Cm years ago...was a newbie and got a freelancer---she decided to revisit me and bring a LB with her....they refused to leave my room...I got a thai buddy to evict them..always good to have a wing.

No more of that for me....was a bit scary also....thats what the boom boom rooms are for....

Hopefully they don't get any ideas about returning.  I don't want any part of that. 

I was recently told by a friend that his friend was trying to date girls on a well known Thai dating site.

He saw a girl`s profile he liked, contacted her and after a few conversations on the Line app they agreed to meet at a Starbucks in Chiang Mai.

Then later the girl agreed to go back to the guy`s rented apartment where he lived in the town. She stayed the night with him. When he woke the following morning the girl had crept out and left. Could not contact her by phone and did not answer him on the Line.

3 days later the girl phoned him. She said; I`m going to give you my bank account details and if you don`t pay 1000 baht into my account I`m going to the police and say you raped me. But I guess that would only have been the start of many more demands for money.

Sometime afterwards I asked my friend what happened, but my friend said he had not heard from the guy since.

I`ve read about a couple similar cases like this on facebook. Seems like this is now becoming some kind of extortion scam.

Be careful guys, of who you get involved with online.

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Grow some balls !!!

Why would u hand over cash to two people u don't know?

George, I do it all the time. At 7/11, at the Bar, at Immigration. The only person I give money and knowing her name is my favourite Hostess. Her family name is Suphnomigkphophna. From Monday to Friday she goes by "Nok". Saturday/Sunday she goes by "Meow". Control and oversight is everything in the Neon-Light-Jungle.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

I was recently told by a friend that his friend was trying to date girls on a well known Thai dating site.

He saw a girl`s profile he liked, contacted her and after a few conversations on the Line app they agreed to meet at a Starbucks in Chiang Mai.

Then later the girl agreed to go back to the guy`s rented apartment where he lived in the town. She stayed the night with him. When he woke the following morning the girl had crept out and left. Could not contact her by phone and did not answer him on the Line.

3 days later the girl phoned him. She said; I`m going to give you my bank account details and if you don`t pay 1000 baht into my account I`m going to the police and say you raped me. But I guess that would only have been the start of many more demands for money.

Sometime afterwards I asked my friend what happened, but my friend said he had not heard from the guy since.

I`ve read about a couple similar cases like this on facebook. Seems like this is now becoming some kind of extortion scam.

Be careful guys, of who you get involved with online.

Yes, online dating can be tricky. To be on the safe-side, I only date Ladies from Nigeria having their brother already residing in Thailand.

Mistake on your part.

This scam is huge in Philippines with complicity of hotels. It's done with minors or wo/men posing as minors. Can even force entry into your room, sit on the bed, call corrupt cop. Extortion begins. One of dozens of scams.

Philippines is a nasty, desperate place. Only for rubes, paedos and the unloved.

Archived