SOI 80 or Bintabaht????

moontang

Planning a visit, soon.  What are your thoughts on these two places.  Is Bintabaht a tourist rip-off, or simply more upscale?  I am not new to Thailand by a Longshot, but haven't been to Bintabaht in 10 years...and never been to 80.  I know it has changed a lot.  Watched some videos and neither place looks great, but will be in the area for a week, so why not?

• Sad 1

lack pot, we even make our kitchen at home.
As for drinking a coffee, we find fun and fun places without a girl or a guy coming to sit on our lap.
Ben, yes, some people find that only drinking excessively, rolling under the table, brings ecstasy and fun, but we can also enjoy ourselves very well by drinking in moderation.
Pay yourself a trip for whores while there are some at home.
Finally, each delirium.
LIVE FREEDOM FOR WOMEN.
There is still work to do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I, too, do the same when I want to buy a commodity.
I go from street to street, from shop to shop, I look, I tate, I feel, I weigh, I look at the color, I compare, I ask the price, I negotiate, I repalpe, a dubious look and a finger on my lips. I renegotiate, I reregarde. I recompare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

From a purely personal standpoint I prefer soi 80, though it is very quiet of late. You may also consider soi 94, not so in your face, and a variety of bars, as in some with girls, some without. Whatever you decide I hope you have a good time here.:wink:

Any freelancers on 94?

• Haha 1

Soi 80 is where the girls from Bintabaht go just prior to retirement. To say that they would have a few miles on the clock would be an understatement. You are correct that neither are particularly great but you are more likely to find something half decent in Bintabaht.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, lensta said:

Soi 80 is where the girls from Bintabaht go just prior to retirement.

I've met some lovely 20-year-olds in Soi 80

You're in the wrong bars.

@the OP, I would usually have breakfast at the Irish pub, move on to drinking on the pier looking over the harbour at lunchtime.

Sleep in the afternoon, then chase the beer happy hours in Bintabhart, then later walk on to Soi 80.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've met some lovely 20-year-olds in Soi 80

You're in the wrong bars.

@the OP, I would usually have breakfast at the Irish pub, move on to drinking on the pier looking over the harbour at lunchtime.

Sleep in the afternoon, then chase the beer happy hours in Bintabhart, then later walk on to Soi 80.

Yeah, I have to admit that I was sober the times I went to Soi 80. They probably do look better if you

are pi ssed.

• Haha 2

Only spent 1 week there earlier this year....Deffo recommend "Beer Goggles".....

Not planning on going back anytime soon, but all the girlie bars, freelancers and decent pubs are all within 5 minutes walking distance from each other.

My question is with so many better places to go in Thailand if you are looking for Tottie, why go back to Hua Hin....Also the beach is dirty and no good for swimming and forget driving a car as nowhere to park.

Chok Dee! ????????

8 hours ago, Mario666 said:

Only spent 1 week there earlier this year....Deffo recommend "Beer Goggles".....

Not planning on going back anytime soon, but all the girlie bars, freelancers and decent pubs are all within 5 minutes walking distance from each other.

My question is with so many better places to go in Thailand if you are looking for Tottie, why go back to Hua Hin....Also the beach is dirty and no good for swimming and forget driving a car as nowhere to park.

Chok Dee! ????????

A friend gave me his house for the week.. 

• Like 1

Soi 80 is where most of the ex pats hang out because the drinks are a little cheaper than binta. Plus they they seem to prefer not to associate with tourist types, unless they are bestowing their words of wisdom as they seem to know all about Thailand and quite happy to tell you about it!

Soi 80 is pretty much a sheet hole and can only be handled with copious amounts of alcohol. Girls are pretty moody although a bell ring can liven them up a bit, plus they seem to have very limited English skills.

It is more lively than binta in the afternoon so attracts a few visitors.

Stick to Binta at night, generally a good laugh and girls are mush easier to get along with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Soi 80 is where most of the ex pats hang out because the drinks are a little cheaper than binta.

I've never found that to be the case, Binta has happy hours where a small beer is 60bht (Heaven at the T-junction and Panama along Selakam Road) , Soi 80 never gets below 80bht for a small one.

Edited by BritManToo

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've never found that to be the case, Binta has happy hours where a small beer is 60bht (Heaven at the T-junction and Panama along Selakam Road) , Soi 80 never gets below 80bht for a small one.

Alot of the bars in soi 80 do a 3 beer promotion for about 150 baht, which attracts the locals only specific beers though, so quite abit cheaper than binta.

Plus the older guys that live here very rarely visit panama bar they are tucked up in bed by the time that gets busy and then its 100bht for SML

80 for a small?  You can do that at Cowboy.  The videos showed some places in the 50-60 range for Happy Hour.  Last night it was so dead out here, my night concluded at 10:40 getting overcharged at Family Phart.  Could not find even the simplest of Thai food.  The girls (if you consider mid 40s a girl) seem more interested in sex in a closet than hanging out at a 10 million Baht house with a pool and some Smirnoff coolers in the fridge.  7km from Hilton..you would think I lived in Lopburi.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 2:18 PM, moontang said:

I already know about the <deleted> on the beach, the poor immitation western food, the tasteless Thai food, and the foreign Conmen....doubt any of that has changed...just trying to find some good adult entertainment for a single guy.  Not really interested in where you and your "partner" go for coffee and hamburgers.

I know this isn’t what you were asking but since you mentioned bad Thai food I would like to recommend a place called “Isaan station” it is a restaurant on the south side of town across from the railroad tracks. An absolute favorite of the gf and when we go to Hua Hin we end up eating there almost daily which is ok with me since it is a lot cheaper than resort food. Any taxi can get you there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 5633572526 said:

I know this isn’t what you were asking but since you mentioned bad Thai food I would like to recommend a place called “Isaan station” it is a restaurant on the south side of town across from the railroad tracks. An absolute favorite of the gf and when we go to Hua Hin we end up eating there almost daily which is ok with me since it is a lot cheaper than resort food. Any taxi can get you there.

That is helpful, thanks. A shortage of places like that here, almost unlike any place I have been in Thailand.  I had a successful outing last night.  3 for 150 small Tigers on 80, then down to Bintabaht.  Took one of the massage girls all night..Bars were OK, not great, but way, way better than the action in CM.  Much better vibe than Udon, too.  She is mid 30s, a former coyote.  There were a few on 80 closing in on 60, but some cute ones, too.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

If you like Tijuana, you will like Soi 80. It has that down and out quality to it. That is not necessarily a bad thing. The gals are much friendlier, though less attractive for sure. If you are the type of guy who is happy with a 5.5 or a 6, it is a great spot for you. Also, less expensive, typically. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

If you like Tijuana, you will like Soi 80. It has that down and out quality to it. That is not necessarily a bad thing. The gals are much friendlier, though less attractive for sure. If you are the type of guy who is happy with a 5.5 or a 6, it is a great spot for you. Also, less expensive, typically. 

Who don’t like Tijuana? Spending a week there in September. Hopefully there are enough girls to keep me company.

17 hours ago, Viggo McQuaid said:

Who don’t like Tijuana? Spending a week there in September. Hopefully there are enough girls to keep me company.

I happen to like Tijuana. But, I am partial. I love Mexico, and the Mexican people. In general, I love immigrants and brown people. LOL. That is a fact. A nice contrast to the white American men who can be about the most boring and vanilla thing in the universe. They can also be very dangerous too. A portion of them. Like the garlic festival madman. Seems most mass shootings are committed by bitter white, American men. And coincidence there? I think not. And I say all this as a white American man, so do not accuse me of being racist, like the fools in Washington.

I used to enjoy spending time in TJ. And areas further south. Have not been in a very long time. The nightlife used to be very enjoyable.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I happen to like Tijuana. But, I am partial. I love Mexico, and the Mexican people. In general, I love immigrants and brown people. LOL. That is a fact. A nice contrast to the white American men who can be about the most boring and vanilla thing in the universe. They can also be very dangerous too. A portion of them. Like the garlic festival madman. Seems most mass shootings are committed by bitter white, American men. And coincidence there? I think not. And I say all this as a white American man, so do not accuse me of being racist, like the fools in Washington.

I used to enjoy spending time in TJ. And areas further south. Have not been in a very long time. The nightlife used to be very enjoyable.  

A tad off topic but a nice read. I like Mexico too. The genuine parts! 

On November 17, 2018 at 12:32 AM, sirocco said:

I'm not used to judging each other's posts but, frankly, if that's your point of view on Hua Hin, limiting it to giving a rating to 2 streets of whores, that says a lot about your stay.

Earth to sirocco, earth to sirocco!!!!!!

why do u think men come to Thailand, beaches- can't swim in the polluted water, temples????

if it wasn't for the country being a whorehouse, there wouldn't be too many people here, stop kidding yourself!

• Thanks 1