Locals stop drunk Russian fleeing the scene of bike collision in Pattaya

rooster59

Locals stop drunk Russian fleeing the scene of bike collision in Pattaya

russian.JPG

Image: Pattaya News

Pattaya News reported that a drunk Russian tried to flee the scene of an accident in the Pratumnak Sai 2 area of Pattaya in the early hours of Friday morning. 

Kolarov Aleksey Petrov, 36, was behind the wheel of a black Nissan Teana when Lt-Col Attarot Krongrat of the Pattaya police arrived on the scene. 

He initially refused to get out of his vehicle. 

The news media said that he was very drunk and was tested for alcohol. 

He had hit another foreigner who was on a Honda Click motorcycle. 

Witnesses said that the bike was parked at the time. 

The rider of the bike was found with head trauma in the middle of the road and was treated by Sawang Boriboon medics at the scene. 

Pattaya News said the incident happened at the end of Soi Diamond around 5am. They said that the Russian had tried to drive away but was stopped from doing so by members of the public at the scene.

Source:  Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-17

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pratumnak Sai 2 area of Pattaya

?

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

end of Soi Diamond

Without the latter hint I would not understand where this happened.

5 am, most venues on Walking Street closed.

The Russian is perfectly adapted. Drunk driving, causing accident, trying a runner :bah:

20 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

Why don't they also stop drunk Thai drivers.

You have evidence that they don't?

The Thai woman who struck me, with her car, while talking on her cellphone, was prevented from fleeing along Sukhumvit Road to the Bangkok motorway, by a Thai taxi bike rider. He also called an ambulance and the police.

I don't go out that often but I have been asked to blow 4 times in the last 4 months. Twice in Pattaya and twice on the way back to my condo in Jomtien. All was fine as I am not a big drinker but personally I would not drink and drive here in sin city. Have fun, but don't drink and drive.

8 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I see from the photos the "paramedics" are taking it in turn to shine a bright torch directly in the face of the injured motorcyclist.

Yes it’s to check if pupil react to light or not useful to see If suspicion of cranial trauma.

Archived