BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

Thanks immigration! Your overstay warnings are great!

Thanks immigration! Your overstay warnings are great!

d2.png

Daily News reported that an innovation from the chief of Prachuap Khiri khan immigration is a hit with local expats in Hua Hin. 

Pol Col Chalermchon Laemthong had the idea to send out mobile SMS messages to people on long term stays to remind them that their visas were nearly up. 

This will guard against the potential to overstay. 

One such smiling and appreciative foreigner was pictured along with the helpful message on his phone that read:

"Your visa is about to be expired soon. Please contact immigration office as soon as possible". 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-17

d1.png

Most long stayers I know don't need a reminder, they make a note of the next renewal when it is advised at immigration. How about sending reminders to the people you are finding that are years past the expiry date ?

That date is as indelibly implanted in my memory as my birthday.

13 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

How about sending reminders to the people you are finding that are years past the expiry date ?

I have been listening to Big Jokes boasting, so I didn't think there were any of them left! He said he had caught pretty much all of them, and he wouldn't lie to us now would he?

2 hours ago, anterian said:

That date is as indelibly implanted in my memory as my birthday.

Mine  is four days before my birthday 

You'd think that they could have got someone to check their English before they sent it i.e. your visit is about to expire.

9 hours ago, flexomike said:

Mine  is four days before my birthday 

So it's only  you and Buddha that are the ones with 4 birthdays a year,you lucky man.

12 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Most long stayers I know don't need a reminder, they make a note of the next renewal when it is advised at immigration. How about sending reminders to the people you are finding that are years past the expiry date ?

And what if you change number and sim.

Negative Negative comments

If it helps one person who has accidently forgotten there renewal date it is worth it and a Good Initiative, Don't knock them all the time, In this case they are tring to help and its Free!

I prefer the constant news articles which give Thailand that police state feel on ThaiVisa.com . 

It is actually a good idea,  I had to remind a 90 year old friend his visa was up.  

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I have been listening to Big Jokes boasting, so I didn't think there were any of them left! He said he had caught pretty much all of them, and he wouldn't lie to us now would he?

You saved the day. I was already missing any mentioning of Big Joke in the news today, fearing he caught measles, rabies, or got injured in a crackdowns of armed illegal foreign flower garland vendors. 😉

The reminder is welcome but why would the recipient be required to contact Immigration immediately?

21 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Speak for Yourself  !!