Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Thanks immigration! Your overstay warnings are great!


Jonathan Fairfield

Recommended Posts

Thanks immigration! Your overstay warnings are great!

 

d2.png

 

Daily News reported that an innovation from the chief of Prachuap Khiri khan immigration is a hit with local expats in Hua Hin. 

 

Pol Col Chalermchon Laemthong had the idea to send out mobile SMS messages to people on long term stays to remind them that their visas were nearly up. 

 

This will guard against the potential to overstay. 

 

One such smiling and appreciative foreigner was pictured along with the helpful message on his phone that read:

 

"Your visa is about to be expired soon. Please contact immigration office as soon as possible". 


Source: Daily News

 

 
thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-17
 
d1.png
Link to post
Share on other sites

Most long stayers I know don't need a reminder, they make a note of the next renewal when it is advised at immigration. How about sending reminders to the people you are finding that are years past the expiry date ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

How about sending reminders to the people you are finding that are years past the expiry date ?

I have been listening to Big Jokes boasting, so I didn't think there were any of them left! He said he had caught pretty much all of them, and he wouldn't lie to us now would he?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Most long stayers I know don't need a reminder, they make a note of the next renewal when it is advised at immigration. How about sending reminders to the people you are finding that are years past the expiry date ?

And what if you change number and sim.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I have been listening to Big Jokes boasting, so I didn't think there were any of them left! He said he had caught pretty much all of them, and he wouldn't lie to us now would he?

You saved the day. I was already missing any mentioning of Big Joke in the news today, fearing he caught measles, rabies, or got injured in a crackdowns of armed illegal foreign flower garland vendors. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Most long stayers I know don't need a reminder, they make a note of the next renewal when it is advised at immigration. How about sending reminders to the people you are finding that are years past the expiry date ?

Speak for Yourself  !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Siam Bruce said:

Negative Negative comments

 

If it helps one person who has accidently forgotten there renewal date it is worth it and a Good Initiative, Don't knock them all the time, In this case they are tring to help and its Free!

You are so right !! Instead of a positive wiew so many are always so negaitves in there comments. My guess of  reasons I am too polite to write  !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, happy chappie said:
20 hours ago, flexomike said:

 

So it's only  you and Buddha that are the ones with 4 birthdays a year,you lucky man.

Read the post slowly, the post is about the yearly visa, not the 3 month reporting 90 days

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jingjock said:

Read the post slowly, the post is about the yearly visa, not the 3 month reporting 90 days

My Birthday is four days before my yearly extension is due, did I miss something, 555, maybe I am getting old timers and due need a reminder - 555

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jingjock said:

Read the post slowly, the post is about the yearly visa, not the 3 month reporting 90 days

Yes I'm sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out.it was in the middle of the night when I replied and no I hadn't been drinking as I'm drink free until Xmas.ive got up for a cuppa tea as I fell asleep too early.my apologies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 3:33 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Most long stayers I know don't need a reminder, they make a note of the next renewal when it is advised at immigration. How about sending reminders to the people you are finding that are years past the expiry date ?

How about making the online 90 day report operational lol. Thailand 4.0 ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TonyClifton said:

Isn't it amazing that most of the responses were snarky?  When they do something right, why can't most of you just acknowledge their good efforts without being dicks about it?

For you and the others like you who are quick to complain that many of the comments are negative maybe you should look at this news from the point of view of the long term stayers in thailand who are married to thai women with thai kids. An sms reminding us of our visa about to expire is just another insult to injury on the many we are already receiving from the Thai government to remind us that we are just nothing but tourists here who would never be allowed to remain here in peace, regardless of how much effort we put.

 

   How difficult could it be for the Thai government to give a 3 year visa to foreigners who have been here for over 10 years some over 40 years (supporting thai kids and grand kids) a sort of 3 year visa renewable every 3 years (or perhaps more) to reduce the visa stress and uncertainty we have to go through every year. What could possibly be the reason for the refusal of this?

 

 If the issue is the yearly visa fee, I'm sure most of the foreigners living here are happy to pay that visa fee upfront three 3 years.

 

   Sending visa expiring soon text to people that fit this category is more less like a mockery.

 

  Sorry I'm not excited to hear the news about the text!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jessebkk1 said:

maybe you should look at this news from the point of view of the long term stayers in thailand who are married to thai women with thai kids.

Uh huh.  I'm married (soon to be divorced) to a Thai woman and we have a kid.

 

Next?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jessebkk1 said:

For you and the others like you who are quick to complain that many of the comments are negative maybe you should look at this news from the point of view of the long term stayers in thailand who are married to thai women with thai kids. An sms reminding us of our visa about to expire is just another insult to injury on the many we are already receiving from the Thai government to remind us that we are just nothing but tourists here who would never be allowed to remain here in peace, regardless of how much effort we put.

 

   How difficult could it be for the Thai government to give a 3 year visa to foreigners who have been here for over 10 years some over 40 years (supporting thai kids and grand kids) a sort of 3 year visa renewable every 3 years (or perhaps more) to reduce the visa stress and uncertainty we have to go through every year. What could possibly be the reason for the refusal of this?

 

 If the issue is the yearly visa fee, I'm sure most of the foreigners living here are happy to pay that visa fee upfront three 3 years.

 

   Sending visa expiring soon text to people that fit this category is more less like a mockery.

 

  Sorry I'm not excited to hear the news about the text!

 

 

Would that include requiring 3 x the 800000 baht or 400000 baht money in a Thai option to obtain a 3 year visa? Or are you expecting an extra 2 years extension all for free?

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a great idea, perhaps including 90 day report reminders also? Of course, as someone that is way too busy to get on with life has already pointed out - I would propose that any minor infraction of the English language text in any such messages should be met with swift and summary execution.........

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...