Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

Thanks immigration! Your overstay warnings are great!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Siam Bruce said:

Negative Negative comments

 

If it helps one person who has accidently forgotten there renewal date it is worth it and a Good Initiative, Don't knock them all the time, In this case they are tring to help and its Free!

You are so right !! Instead of a positive wiew so many are always so negaitves in there comments. My guess of  reasons I am too polite to write  !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, happy chappie said:
20 hours ago, flexomike said:

 

So it's only  you and Buddha that are the ones with 4 birthdays a year,you lucky man.

Read the post slowly, the post is about the yearly visa, not the 3 month reporting 90 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jingjock said:

Read the post slowly, the post is about the yearly visa, not the 3 month reporting 90 days

My Birthday is four days before my yearly extension is due, did I miss something, 555, maybe I am getting old timers and due need a reminder - 555

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember the date until a few weeks before and a last minute rush...... Great idea as long as it doesn’t add to their work load. 

 

Appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jingjock said:

Read the post slowly, the post is about the yearly visa, not the 3 month reporting 90 days

Yes I'm sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out.it was in the middle of the night when I replied and no I hadn't been drinking as I'm drink free until Xmas.ive got up for a cuppa tea as I fell asleep too early.my apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 3:33 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Most long stayers I know don't need a reminder, they make a note of the next renewal when it is advised at immigration. How about sending reminders to the people you are finding that are years past the expiry date ?

How about making the online 90 day report operational lol. Thailand 4.0 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proactive!  :thumbsup:  Kudos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it amazing that most of the responses were snarky?  When they do something right, why can't most of you just acknowledge their good efforts without being dicks about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TonyClifton said:

Isn't it amazing that most of the responses were snarky?  When they do something right, why can't most of you just acknowledge their good efforts without being dicks about it?

For you and the others like you who are quick to complain that many of the comments are negative maybe you should look at this news from the point of view of the long term stayers in thailand who are married to thai women with thai kids. An sms reminding us of our visa about to expire is just another insult to injury on the many we are already receiving from the Thai government to remind us that we are just nothing but tourists here who would never be allowed to remain here in peace, regardless of how much effort we put.

 

   How difficult could it be for the Thai government to give a 3 year visa to foreigners who have been here for over 10 years some over 40 years (supporting thai kids and grand kids) a sort of 3 year visa renewable every 3 years (or perhaps more) to reduce the visa stress and uncertainty we have to go through every year. What could possibly be the reason for the refusal of this?

 

 If the issue is the yearly visa fee, I'm sure most of the foreigners living here are happy to pay that visa fee upfront three 3 years.

 

   Sending visa expiring soon text to people that fit this category is more less like a mockery.

 

  Sorry I'm not excited to hear the news about the text!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jessebkk1 said:

maybe you should look at this news from the point of view of the long term stayers in thailand who are married to thai women with thai kids.

Uh huh.  I'm married (soon to be divorced) to a Thai woman and we have a kid.

 

Next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jessebkk1 said:

For you and the others like you who are quick to complain that many of the comments are negative maybe you should look at this news from the point of view of the long term stayers in thailand who are married to thai women with thai kids. An sms reminding us of our visa about to expire is just another insult to injury on the many we are already receiving from the Thai government to remind us that we are just nothing but tourists here who would never be allowed to remain here in peace, regardless of how much effort we put.

 

   How difficult could it be for the Thai government to give a 3 year visa to foreigners who have been here for over 10 years some over 40 years (supporting thai kids and grand kids) a sort of 3 year visa renewable every 3 years (or perhaps more) to reduce the visa stress and uncertainty we have to go through every year. What could possibly be the reason for the refusal of this?

 

 If the issue is the yearly visa fee, I'm sure most of the foreigners living here are happy to pay that visa fee upfront three 3 years.

 

   Sending visa expiring soon text to people that fit this category is more less like a mockery.

 

  Sorry I'm not excited to hear the news about the text!

 

 

Would that include requiring 3 x the 800000 baht or 400000 baht money in a Thai option to obtain a 3 year visa? Or are you expecting an extra 2 years extension all for free?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a great idea, perhaps including 90 day report reminders also? Of course, as someone that is way too busy to get on with life has already pointed out - I would propose that any minor infraction of the English language text in any such messages should be met with swift and summary execution.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 3:55 PM, dake333 said:

And what if you change number and sim.

Your number and sim are registered with the government. Remember, you had to show your passport and visa stamp to get the sim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who checks his/her passport every week or two to make sure I didn't mess up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...