Frustration at Immigration Office regarding income affidavit policy

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, are you sure about this or is it lost in translation/your opinion ?

If true that a very serious turn of events for many. Lots of people are under the impression that they can get an income letter until the end of the year and use it for up to 6 months. 

Up until this statement there have been no indications that TI will stop accepting letters after 1 Jan. 

This was written in another topic, so could very well be:

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Jomtien immigration chief has told people directly there will be no income applications accepted next year AT ALL (obviously included combos) from any nationality and that includes people with letters they thought were good for six months.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I have read the whole thread, and had read it before I posted. How is it in any way "out of context"?

9 hours ago, steve187 said:

change to married yearly extension, only 400,000baht required, you have a year to prepare

I was referring, specifically to this comment, by Steve, above, not to the O/Ps post, which it why it was attached to that post.

This in my opinion is disinformation and the poster has yet to debunk  my assertion.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Why do you consider Steve187's post misinformation?

The OP is married to a Thai national, just renewed his retirement extension, using the income method.

Next year provided he can stick 400K in a Thai bank for 2 months before his next extension renewal date, he can apply for an extension based on marriage. He at least has 10 months to sort out his financials.

Where is the disinformation.

Firstly the O/P has indicated that he not in a position to raise a capital sum and secondly Steve's post is suggesting it is his only option.

There is no proof that the income method is coming to an end. 

1 minute ago, steve73 said:

I'm seeing a number of posts across many threads suggesting some people have been told by Thai Immigration, that any income letters will NOT be accepted after 1st Jan 2019...

The letters are valid for 6 months after date of issue. I have seen a number of posts that indicate that IOs will continue to accept them during this period. It's also written into TI regs, which has also been posted a number of times.

A lot of dazed and confused bunnies posting in these threads.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The letters are valid for 6 months after date of issue. I have seen a number of posts that indicate that IOs will continue to accept them during this period. It's also written into TI regs, which has also been posted a number of times.

And all your claims will be valid until the day the Thai immigration regs are changed, which actually can happen on 31 December.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, steve73 said:

I'm seeing a number of posts across many threads suggesting some people have been told by Thai Immigration, that any income letters will NOT be accepted after 1st Jan 2019...

Stop right there, because if some Immigration offices do refuse income letter come January, getting a refund from your Embassy would be the least of their problems.

In that situation the Embassies should be informed.

What happened to the 'transition' period, or funds deposit in a Thai bank, we were led to believe had been discussed, or had been interpreted as being the way forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, janclaes47 said:

And all your claims will be valid until the day the Thai immigration regs are changed, which actually can happen on 31 December.

Have you had any indication that this is likely to happen? I certainly haven't.

Random scaremongering isn't helpful to those who are genuinely affected by this situation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, steve73 said:

They all have the same unique source (here)

and it's nothing more than a rumour very probably false... IMHO.

• Like 2