Frustration at Immigration Office regarding income affidavit policy

4 minutes ago, wayned said:

Please put your glasses on and go back and read my post!  The second sentence says "I am on a retirement visa" but should say extension.  The rest is correct!  No harm, no foul when I misplace my glasses I can't read anything and usually find the glasses, many times pushed onto the top of my head!

Well I actually didn't mean eating out at restaurants but don't let that stop you having a go!

Sometimes more than glasses are required. 

Edited by jacko45k

3 minutes ago, wayned said:

Braille?  Marriage is spelled marriage and retirement is spelled retirement.:sorry: Not really!

Still got that dodgy smoke around there?

You actually need to go back to another post I made where I tried to enlighten someone as to why a retirement ext. person needed more finances than one on an extension based on marriage. From here on I give up! 

Nascent report of something promising from a Danish applicant in Chiang Mai.  Of course, he could return with the requested proof and immigration could still decide to ask for the embassy income letter.  But still a fairly promising, but isolated, report.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1068630-denmark-embassy-has-stopped-doing-pension-letters/?do=findComment&comment=13626479

Edited by skatewash
Replaced link with direct link to the post rather than the thread.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You actually need to go back to another post I made where I tried to enlighten someone as to why a retirement ext. person needed more finances than one on an extension based on marriage. From here on I give up! 

I've been on both.  I can actually say that since my wife died almost 4 years ago I do not spend anywhere as much as I did when she was alive.  So I am an example of 1 that can truthfully say that it's cheaper to live as a single retiree than it is to live as a married retiree!.  No braille, no smoke, no fake news, just a fact in my case!  Nuff said!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You don't have to be married to eat at home, but you don't want to be caught by the wife eating out...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, wayned said:

I've been on both.  I can actually say that since my wife died almost 4 years ago I do not spend anywhere as much as I did when she was alive.  So I am an example of 1 that can truthfully say that it's cheaper to live as a single retiree than it is to live as a married retiree!.  No braille, no smoke, no fake news, just a fact in my case!  Nuff said!

I agree with you.

Since never been married I can't speak as to whether cheaper or not, but as a single retiree I've nearly always eaten food from local street vendors and the Thai restaurants around my soi, rice with an egg and chicken, 30 baht. I do sometimes eat at mall and other restaurants but it's the exception rather than the rule and usually only with friends. I'm sure a lot of people opt to eat in mall restaurants and western food, but it's pretty absurd for someone to use that, even jokingly, as a justification for the difference in income requirements (which has always bugged me a bit). No one has to live in Sukhumvit or Silom areas and there are plenty of local eating options. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, granuaile said:

nearly always eaten food from local street vendors and the Thai restaurants around my soi, rice with an egg and chi

My opinion is local street food is most the time better than mall

food. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2018 at 11:02 PM, steve187 said:

,change to married yearly extension, only 400,000baht required, you have a year to prepare

I have a marriage visa for 10 years I have no problem whit my income because my money is wired to my thai account every month and I have a insurance that cover my wife my two kits and me,that the way to go!