Experiences with Transferwise?

Logically that does show the nature of the transfer.
Just looked at mine - I'm not posting it because of all the personal information in it, (obviously) but it would require it to be examined alongside the bank book for other people (eg Immigration) to correlate the transfers and receipts. It's also in English and for those people needing to show monthly receipts, there would be 12 of them when they went to Immigration for their annual extension.
I'm in the fortunate position that I'm not affected by that requirement but just my 2 Satangs worth. [emoji848]

Everyone is just speculating at the moment, but I would have thought that at the very least those 12 receipts would have to correlate with entries in your Thai Bank book. Immigration officers don't have time for this stuff. They have too many people to see which is why a quick glance at a bank letter and statement is the way it's always worked. It will be Banks that are instrumental in providing certified evidence for these new rules as and when they appear, not immigration. I could manufacture any receipt you care to think of in Photoshop.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, VBF said:

Logically that does show the nature of the transfer.

Just looked at mine - I'm not posting it because of all the personal information in it, (obviously) but it would require it to be examined alongside the bank book for other people (eg Immigration) to correlate the transfers and receipts. It's also in English and for those people needing to show monthly receipts, there would be 12 of them when they went to Immigration for their annual extension.

I'm in the fortunate position that I'm not affected by that requirement but just my 2 Satangs worth. ????

Most folks are surmising that it will be the bank statements/pass books plus the bank's letter that TI will be most interested in rather than any evidence that we can provide. Of course that is only a superstition and we may all be wrong.

We will not know until the first post embassy letter applicants roll through the doors of TI in maybe 5-6 months.

So like good Boy Scout, 'be prepared'. ????

Most folks are surmising that it will be the bank statements/pass books plus the bank's letter that TI will be most interested in rather than any evidence that we can provide. Of course that is only a superstition and we may all be wrong.

We will not know until the first post embassy letter applicants roll through the doors of TI in maybe 5-6 months.

So like good Boy Scout, 'be prepared'. [emoji6]
Before that I'm assuming that Immigration will publish an official notice about it.

1 hour ago, trd said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

So like good Boy Scout, 'be prepared'. emoji6.png

Before that I'm assuming that Immigration will publish an official notice about it.

Well, they already have. And would seem to indicate that the scenario in my first sentence above is the most likely one.

Well, they already have. And would seem to indicate that the scenario in my first sentence above is the most likely one.
Where did you see it? Do you have the official police notice number?

it seems that someone has just tested this and posted half an hour ago. Here's the link
https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1078398-report-successful-retirement-extension-using-monthly-income-no-consul-letter/&share_tid=1078398&share_fid=29570&share_type=t

31 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Can you transfer from a Thai bank account to a UK one?

Not with Transferwise. 

You should be able to do it directly from your bank (although they sometimes make you jump through a few hoops), or you can use Dee money... 150bt per transfer and a pretty good Fx rate. 

Archived