Chiang Mai official admits shooting two men

webfact

Chiang Mai official admits shooting two men

By The Nation

31a8e5b5205e874227cc6ffe800508d3.jpeg

The assistant chief of a Chiang Mai sub-district shot one man dead and critically wounded another during a heated argument late Saturday.

Anon Chainoi, 51, of Tambon Makhunwan in San Pa Tong district surrendered to police and confessed to the double shooting. 

Pairoj Promma, 24, died at the scene. Wissanu Dokkhiao, 22, is in hospital in critical condition. 

Anon said had once arrested Pairoj and Wissanu over drug-related offences and came across them again on Saturday night, walking along a street and appearing intoxicated. 

He said they lunged at him and a quarrel ensued. Fearing for his safety, Anon drew his weapon as a warning. 

“But they dared me to shoot, saying that if I were ‘cool’ enough I should fire,” Anon said. “I fired two shots out of rage.”

He fled the scene to regain calm but then decided to turn himself in at San Pa Tong Police Station.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358784

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-19

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

“But they dared me to shoot, saying that if I were ‘cool’ enough I should fire,” Anon said. “I fired two shots out of rage.”

And they give someone like him a gun... who draws and shoot just to prove he's cool...

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

And they give someone like him a gun... who draws and shoot just to prove he's cool...

Police in Thailand always have a gun, but nobody gives it to them, they have to buy their own.

Most court officials are also armed 24/7.

I know several Thai lawyers in CM, they're always armed.

19 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

in thailand government officials can carry weapons and shoot and kill people; and..upon issuing some contentless excuses get off scot free

I think it's entirely reasonable that a policeman can shoot and kill two convicted drug dealers that are threatening him.

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think it's entirely reasonable that a policeman can shoot and kill two convicted drug dealers that are threatening him.

where in this story is there any mention that they were convicted of a drug offences...think about this logically, why were they not in jail if they were so dangerous. ps threatening him, he is the one with the gun

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

"Anon said had once arrested Pairoj and Wissanu over drug-related offences"

That line in the story leads me to believe ........

my apologies britman, i think your interpretation is the correct one...i was assuming this was a current event that he had arrested them recently. still doesn't justify him shooting them though....they simply may have been arrested for smoking weed.

1 minute ago, John P Ryke said:

my apologies britman, i think your interpretation is the correct one...i was assuming this was a current event that he had arrested them recently. still doesn't justify him shooting them though....they simply may have been arrested for smoking weed.

Thai police don't usually arrest Thais smoking anything, but they often grab the youngsters selling Yaba in car parks.

(Different rules with foreigners as there's money to be made)

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

"Anon said had once arrested Pairoj and Wissanu over drug-related offences"

That line in the story leads me to believe ........

Perhaps they were never convicted of anything and their being pissed at the cop was entirely justified because he arrested them falsly in the past.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

But he is not a policeman, he is a 'Assistant  Chief of a Chiang Mai Subdistrict.'

Why on earth is a government official or whatever title he may have doing roaming the streets at night with a loaded gun? He clearly, by his own words and actions on the night concerned, totally unfit to be anywhere near a firearm unsupervised.

This will really help the tourist industry. Not.

Archived