I flew Thailand two times in 9 months!

Anca

I wanne publish our story because I wanne warn others about the corrupt and crazy authority system in Krabi/Thailand and I wanne publish in hope that some other people with authority in Thailand can make the police stop blame victims and make them start help because much better for rumours of Thailand.

My daughter was raped in AoNang short time past midnight 12. February and after I take her to Krabi hospital for get injection, Dna test etc we reported to police and the same day we reported the staff from the bar the rape happened inside came to the hotel we stayed in and start threatening us... and we flew Thailand 1.5 day before court because this bad guys get worse, we found out police lying to us long story and you will find all details in another story. 

My husband and I thought we found a way for finally give my daughter justice when she still safe in Norway so we travel to Surat Thani in September and prepared together with the lawyer, and our lawyer told we will win the case for 100% and my husband and I travel happy back to Norway for think and discuss travel for stay in court or not. 

My husband and I had big trust in this lawyer and what he said so we booked flight + hotel and came back to krabi airport 8.november... guess what happened? 

After 1 night in hotel, date 9. November, my husband take his first steps outside hotel for buy chips/candy in SMart next to the hotel and a white pickup stop him and the driver, a Thai man, pointing a gun at my husband and tell him to take me out of Thailand that day if not he will kill me and him, if he tell security at hotel they will kill security too... 

This was Friday 9. November and I was going to witness and fight justice for my daughter in Krabi court 13. November... but this guys is so crazy and we know they mean it when they say they wanne kill me... and we don’t know how they knew we was back, how they knew what hotel we stayed in, how they knew my husband was outside hotel and in same minute the gunman show up... to much things suddenly not okay so we decided to escape/flew Thailand again... my second time flew Thailand a few days before court. 

My lawyer from Surat Thani that I already had paid and cleared out that could take case in court without both my daughter and me, change his mind and write messages to me and tell my daughter must come to court her self because she is the plaintiff in case... he already knew my daughter can’t come back to Thailand because she still suffering after rape, the threatening, our escape and hiding in Dubai in February. I had prepared all documents from Norway authorities and Thai embassy in Norway so this lawyer has 100% power of authority and can take my daughter case in court without her... he told me to fix this documents so he could take it all when we back in Norway and I did what he told me to do but monday 12. November he message me can not and when I ask why you change your rules he answer me “can not, this is Thailand”

Our embassy in Bangkok doesn’t help and I’m lost, sad and angry because I believe police in Krabi, the bad guys in AoNang and our lawyer from Surat Thani set me up... how can they do this way? Why they don’t protect and help??? A f...... local bartender raped my daughter and all his friends + polices day our lawyer only continue the crime against us! 

ABC35133-2628-4419-90A8-A44114B2DDE2.jpeg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Text too small to read.

But I got the gist, and would point out Thailand has always been a dangerous place for young women to get drunk and party.

It's not as if the papers and TV News don't publish multiple stories of rape and suspicious deaths of foreigners in Thailand every single year. The local criminal gangs are dangerous and often supported by local officials.

Why did she come here in view of the widely publicised risks?

Why didn't you as her parents stop her coming here in view of the widely publicised risks?

Why did you think your visits would be free of personal risks?

Be grateful your daughter survived to return to Norway, many daughters didn't.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Text too small to read.

But I got the gist, and would point out Thailand has always been a dangerous place for young women to get drunk and party.

It's not as if the papers and TV News don't publish multiple stories of rape and suspicious deaths of foreigners in Thailand every single year. The local criminal gangs are dangerous and often supported by local officials.

Why didn't you as her parents stop her coming here in view of the widely publicised risks?

I’m sorry about the size of the text and I don’t know how to make it bigger???????? 

Our family traveled to AoNang many times every year from 2011 and we never go out for partying in nightclubs when we was there. We had a volunteer project with help street dogs and cats, and we stayed with our local friends that’s not “party-dudes”!

In February I traveled alone with my daughter, she’s 19 year and we was on the way back from Krabi night market, we met some foreigners friends and she go to the bar together with them and I walked to the hotel. 50 minutes later she was raped, she was not drunk, she drink 3 cocktails in krabi and nothing in this bar. She asked the bartender how to find toilet because never being there before, the bartender take her downstairs for show her but push her into a room a raped her. 

YES, I never read Thai news like this forums etc before and I believed it was safe to let her go to a bar with 3 friends in a area we stayed many many times and months ealyere! 

Do do you have any else good questions or advice before you go to sleep? 

9 minutes ago, Anca said:

Do do you have any else good questions or advice before you go to sleep? 

It's 8am here, I just got up.

As for other advice, since you asked, it's against the forum rules to post the same topic in more than one forum.

I have every sympathy for you and your family, this is a dangerous county for foreigners.

Please do not blame the victim. Thailand promotes itself as a safe tourist destination and the ruling military administration assures us that all is safe and that corruption  was snuffed out. Therefore, it is not an unreasonable expectation to believe that Thailand will be relatively safe.

Where is  "Big Joke"? He claims that he is the protector of all. 

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's 8am here, I just got up.

As for other advice, since you asked, it's against the forum rules to post the same topic in more than one forum.

I have every sympathy for you and your family, this is a dangerous county for foreigners.

Good morning ????

i didn’t know the rules about only post in 1 forum, and i tried to make it with bigger text but not success... haha. 

9 minutes ago, Anca said:

Good morning ????

i didn’t know the rules about only post in 1 forum, and i tried to make it with bigger text but not success... haha. 

Well, good to see that your mood has changed for the better and you can see the funny sides of life as well as the sad and the unfortunate...

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Text too small to read.

Be grateful your daughter survived to return to Norway, many daughters didn't.

Truly remarkable. In the space of 5 minutes of reading Anca's post you managed to blame and shame the victim of a horrid crime. You clearly knew/know nothing of the circumstances of the young lady's visit to Thailand, nor did you offer a single word of sympathy for either Anca or her daughter.

8 minutes ago, ChristianBlessing said:

Truly remarkable. In the space of 5 minutes of reading Anca's post you managed to blame and shame the victim of a horrid crime. You clearly knew/know nothing of the circumstances of the young lady's visit to Thailand, nor did you offer a single word of sympathy for either Anca or her daughter.

That is what he does.  On every thread of this nature.

3 hours ago, Slip said:

That is what he does.  On every thread of this nature.

You are free you offer your advice, but instead, choose only to slam me.

My advice is, and always will be, for people not to put themselves in danger.

Thailand is a dangerous place with no rule of law as we know it.

This family escaped with their lives, best not to encourage them to take further risks.

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This family escaped with their lives, best not to encourage them to take further risks.

this is classic victim shaming.

as for this, its idiotic.

they weren't aware that they were in danger until it was too late. Nobody ever is.

i think its pretty sad to hand down such judgments from behind a keyboard.

that you feel it is alright to take this high handed approach while speaking directly to a victims immediate family is just plain shameful.

20 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

i think its pretty sad to hand down such judgments from behind a keyboard.

So let's hear your advice?

PS, I don't believe I've blamed the victim, but feel free to point out where I did.

But here comes a bit of blame,

It's illegal for a 19-year-old to enter a Thai bar, age restriction for customers is 20.

Have you gone out in Norwegian media with this VG/ Dagbladet ?? Very important so others can see this sad story and be warned against and travel to the area. It happened many rapes and murders there, and finally no one can rely any lawyers and police in Thailand.

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I didn't slam you, and I'm not trying to, but you do apparently have a perspective on matters such as this, and it always involves what I would call victim blaming.  I was just pointing that out to someone who commented on your post.

As to the first clause: Ad hoc advice to rape victims is a game I would rather not play.

10 hours ago, nasa123 said:

Have you gone out in Norwegian media with this VG/ Dagbladet ?? Very important so others can see this sad story and be warned against and travel to the area. It happened many rapes and murders there, and finally no one can rely any lawyers and police in Thailand.

Hi , yes Dagbladet interview me to day so I suppose it will come in short time ???? I AGREE with you about sharing for warning. 

I must comment because if you guys had any idea how many times I heard “you are crazy, leaving your teenager girl alone in a Bar in Thailand” 

Question like this make me sad, attached, feel it’s my mistake bla bla bla... and it make me angry that some people don’t think before they speak! 

I know now it’s not my mistake, and I know it’s not my daughter mistake. 

Im so sick of explaining she was not drunk, she had no drugs in her blood and urinalysis, she had long and loose pants + t-shirt with normal neck and the other f....... reasons for excuse that she’s raped. 

It it doesn’t matter if she had hot pant & top, drunk, drugged!!!

It’s a crime to have sex with persons that NOT aloud you to or if a person is out of control (drugged, to much drunk).

And now the info in this topic about it’s not aloud to have 19 year old in bar and give alcohol in Thailand... what’s the point with that comment? 

It would still happen if she was 20, the f...... rapist didn’t rape her in the basement of bar because she was under age... 

Please understand my message and goal with share our story in public, it’s a pray of make Norway and other countries travel companies and the embassies to hopefully START informing their customers about some simple advices it’s good to know about when travel to Thailand. 

I believe it’s not many holiday tourists reading news and forums like this if they don’t know about or is a Thai-victim them self. 

So please use your energy to think about how and what YOU can do for make a change in future and make people know about never walk alone to toilet if you are female, not show all money in your pocket, don’t take taxi alone etc... 

2 hours ago, Anca said:

And now the info in this topic about it’s not aloud to have 19 year old in bar and give alcohol in Thailand... what’s the point with that comment? 

I believe it’s not many holiday tourists reading news and forums like this if they don’t know about or is a Thai-victim them self. 

It's against the law.

Laws on underage drinking are there to protect the underaged.

But your family weren't tourists, you said you had been many times to help dogs.

You have no excuse for not knowing the laws or the dangers of the Thai islands.

As for reading news .......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2833369/Thailand-one-dangerous-tourist-destinations-Earth-Ex-pat-investigation-lifts-lid-dark-Land-Smiles.html

"He also says that the death rate among tourists, which he claims often goes unrecorded, is ‘the worst scandal in the annals of modern tourism’."

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's against the law.

But your family weren't tourists, you said you had been many times to help dogs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2833369/Thailand-one-dangerous-tourist-destinations-Earth-Ex-pat-investigation-lifts-lid-dark-Land-Smiles.html

"He also says that the death rate among tourists, which he claims often goes unrecorded, is ‘the worst scandal in the annals of modern tourism’."

The danger in Thailand is Thai men, polis ++ and through the acid corrupt public employees. And what about some people  travel down here and help all the poor animals in this U-country, well it MUST be up to them 2 help in this country of fake smile.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's against the law.

Sorry to ask but what’s your point? 

You mean it’s my daughter mistake that she get raped because she enter a bar when she’s underage? ...or me because I’m her mom and that i aloud her to go? What about owner and the staff in bar’s/nightclubs, are they not responsible for controlling age of their guest? I just wonder because I don’t understand the meaning behind your comments to me! 

YES, we been in AoNang 16 times from December 2011 and if we not are tourists what do you mean we are when we travel to Thailand? And what’s your point about that comment? Do you believe all people that travel many times to same country/city read news for that area? I’m Norwegian and I don’t even read or watching Norwegian news but because I know the language I’m kind of updated anyway... from friends talking, radio etc.

And for make you understand what I mean: 

The crime (rape & threats) that happened to us in February this year was BEFORE I started read Thai news, the crime (murder threats with gun) that happened in November this year and AFTER I start Thai news... so things happen anyway boy! So I’m NOT trying to excuse, rape happens everywhere but I’m trying to make people that don’t know how easy you can get in trouble! You understand me or not? 

15 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

There is nothing in the Alcohol Beverages Control Act that bans a 19 yo from entering premises.

Chapter IV, section 29 of that act states:

20.JPG

This girl did not break any laws by entering a bar to use a toilet.

Thanks, I don’t understand what the other person mean but I hope your comment make him/her shut up and think ???? 

22 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

There is nothing in the Alcohol Beverages Control Act that bans a 19 yo from entering premises.

Chapter IV, section 29 of that act states:

You're completely wrong, I have a 19-year-old daughter if police found her in a bar (not staff) the fine is 20,000bht and a night in jail for her.

The bar have a similar fine and lose their licence. The law is there to protect teens from the dangers of bars.

Extract from John Stapleton's book published 2016 about bars  around Samui.

'Violent sexual assaults and robberies against both men and women are reported regularly in the Koh Samui archipelago and Krabi province. These are particularly common during the monthly Full Moon parties and generally occur late at night near bars.'

On 11/19/2018 at 6:13 AM, nasa123 said:

and finally no one can rely any lawyers and police in Thailand.

Sad story and I feel the pain, agony, and anger of a parent. The embassy elites are never for their people. They are for trade deals and investment and wash their hands off by handing over a crooked lawyer's phone number.  

Lawyers in Thailand are crooked, police is corrupt, and people always side with Thai and want to take your money if it benefits any Thai. This is reality in Thailand. Your only recourse in this situation is media and make it as widely published as possible. Start from your country and make sure some London publication picks up the story. Thailand should be ashamed of its act unless somebody is brought to justice. Most probably your lawyer informed the crooks about your hotel and date of arrival. 

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're completely wrong, I have a 19-year-old daughter if police found her in a bar (not staff) the fine is 20,000bht and a night in jail for her.

The bar have a similar fine and lose their licence. The law is there to protect teens from the dangers of bars.

'Violent sexual assaults and robberies against both men and women are reported regularly in the Koh Samui archipelago and Krabi province. These are particularly common during the monthly Full Moon parties and generally occur late at night near bars.'

It's against forum rules to amend or delete relevant parts of a quoted message.

I notice you said "IF police found her in a bar" as part of your rant about fines.

Supposition, or quotes from books, don't trump the relevant Act.

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And if your 19 year old daughter go to a bar with friends, don’t buying alcohol, and getting raped when she go for find toilet alone you will blame who? 

And by the way, you didn’t answered my quote at your comment from yesterday,,,

6 minutes ago, Anca said:

And if your 19 year old daughter go to a bar with friends, don’t buying alcohol, and getting raped when she go for find toilet alone you will blame who? 

Respectable Thai girls don't go in bars, the first night she will be alone with a man will be her wedding night.

If she went in a bar, breaking the law and the instructions of her parents, whatever happened would be her own fault.

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Respectable Thai girls don't go in bars, the first night she will be alone with a man will be her wedding night.

If she went in a bar, breaking the law and the instructions of her parents, whatever happened would be her own fault.

Are you serious or just dug yourself so deep in a hole you cant get out of it ?

Most of the stuff you post is deliberately provocative but blaming a 19 year old rape victim for going to a bar with friends is shocking and stop the nonsense regarding respectful Thai girls not going to bars, just not true.

OP, as others have said try for as much publicity as possible it's generally the only way to get the powers that be to act in this country.

2 hours ago, Anca said:

Sorry to ask but what’s your point? 

You mean it’s my daughter mistake that she get raped because she enter a bar when she’s underage? ...or me because I’m her mom and that i aloud her to go? What about owner and the staff in bar’s/nightclubs, are they not responsible for controlling age of their guest? I just wonder because I don’t understand the meaning behind your comments to me! 

YES, we been in AoNang 16 times from December 2011 and if we not are tourists what do you mean we are when we travel to Thailand? And what’s your point about that comment? Do you believe all people that travel many times to same country/city read news for that area? I’m Norwegian and I don’t even read or watching Norwegian news but because I know the language I’m kind of updated anyway... from friends talking, radio etc.

And for make you understand what I mean: 

The crime (rape & threats) that happened to us in February this year was BEFORE I started read Thai news, the crime (murder threats with gun) that happened in November this year and AFTER I start Thai news... so things happen anyway boy! So I’m NOT trying to excuse, rape happens everywhere but I’m trying to make people that don’t know how easy you can get in trouble! You understand me or not? 

Take contact whit phuketnews to they will be very int in this case belive me.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/#LVQ7pTeJKQoK8qmY.97

Archived