I flew Thailand two times in 9 months!

Anca

52 minutes ago, Anca said:

And if your 19 year old daughter go to a bar with friends, don’t buying alcohol, and getting raped when she go for find toilet alone you will blame who? 

And by the way, you didn’t answered my quote at your comment from yesterday,,,

Anca, I feel for you, for reasons I wouldn't dream of exposing here.

For now, I'd like to remind you that you could block/ignore BrtitManToo, he just one of those toxic TV posters, and as such of no use whatsoever as far as you are concerned.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

There is nothing in the Alcohol Beverages Control Act that bans a 19 yo from entering premises.

Chapter IV, section 29 of that act states:

20.JPG

This girl did not break any laws by entering a bar to use a toilet.

I have seen a number of girls working in bars under 20 years of age. Not illegal as long as they don't sell/drink alcohol.

8 hours ago, Anca said:

And if your 19 year old daughter go to a bar with friends, don’t buying alcohol, and getting raped when she go for find toilet alone you will blame who? 

And by the way, you didn’t answered my quote at your comment from yesterday,,,

Anca, I hope your daughter is coping with the situation.
as written before, it is never the "fault" of the victim. Even Hotpants and drunk is no reason for rape.  

that said, the last case scenario can be questionable if the boy raped, or the girl feel raped.

Drunk and horny is not the same as sober and not like the boy/girl who you wake up with.

This is, reading your story CLEARLY not the situation here. 

Thailand can be dangerous, and "Thailand is for Thai".

All guests are welcome as guests, stay for many years, but we are NOT Thai.

No guest will ever get the same justice as it would get in their home country.

In case of rape, a Thai family would negotiate the damage of the girl no longer being virgin, or less valuable as a potential wife.

The rapist pays this money, and his/her debt to the victim and society is "paid in full".

That is the Thai way...

This is hard. Difficult. 

Different cultures, different standards in "justice ", penalization and what is right or wrong. 
That the rapist gets away with his actions makes it even more difficult to cope with the rape.
I hope that she can forgive him in time.

not that he deserves forgiveness, but your daughter deserves the peace that comes with it.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I think I'll block you for 'white knight' posting.

Seeing your rants has spurred me to rejoin ThaiVisa after years of absence BritManToo. Claim your reward. I am going to sit back and enjoy your posts. I love Brit 'know it alls' and can only ponder why you are still in Thailand. Meanwhile I will continue to search for the Thai girl who has never entered a bar and doesn't touch her husbands until the wedding night. But I know lots who will not get into a cab at night alone - and I do not see the dangers there publicised on any Embassy travel advisory. The point being Thailand is a very welcoming place until it is not.  You may not see the signs. I hope you don't rant like this against every mother in the same situation, but I suspect you probably do.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I think I'll block you for 'white knight' posting.

What is wrong with you? It's not a dig.

But you should look into why you behave that way. There is a reason why not even a single person on this thread sees it your way. 

You think you know more than we?

I'll leave it at that for now.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:42 AM, BritManToo said:

Respectable Thai girls don't go in bars, the first night she will be alone with a man will be her wedding night.

If she went in a bar, breaking the law and the instructions of her parents, whatever happened would be her own fault.

Why don't you stop pussy footing around what you want to say?

Why not simply just type she deserved it because she came to Thailand?

I cringe, but am then relieved to think that as with all things dinosaurs like you will inevitably become extinct. 

On 11/21/2018 at 1:42 AM, BritManToo said:

Respectable Thai girls don't go in bars, the first night she will be alone with a man will be her wedding night.

If she went in a bar, breaking the law and the instructions of her parents, whatever happened would be her own fault.

So what you say is:

IF your daughter was in a bar and she get raped,

(I know you pointed that YOUR daughter don’t go to Bar/night club that’s why I write IF your....) you wouldn’t fight for give her justice and put the rapist in prison because it’s her own fault? 

BritManToo, I can read you have many strong (and strange) comments in this topic. You continue arguing about Thai laws etc. but you still hasn’t answered my simple questions... you out of words or you finally start thinking before speaking? 

I asked you what’s the difference between holiday in AoNang many times every year + in same time help animals and holiday for example one time every year + in same time help animals.... holiday in same place many times doesn’t mean you still tourist? 

By the way, if your daughter see profile-photo you choosed to ThaiVisa Forum I believe you she will loose some of her respect to dad! 

12 minutes ago, Anca said:

So what you say is:

IF your daughter was in a bar and she get raped,

(I know you pointed that YOUR daughter don’t go to Bar/night club that’s why I write IF your....) you wouldn’t fight for give her justice and put the rapist in prison because it’s her own fault? 

Anca, the man is an asshat, a waste of skin. 

Focus on your daughter and not some sad dinosaur with a myopic view of the world.

Ignore him and he ceases to matter. 

3 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Anca, the man is an asshat, a waste of skin. 

Focus on your daughter and not some sad dinosaur with a myopic view of the world.

Ignore him and he ceases to matter. 

Thanks for support HooHaa ❤️ I’m trying to ignore him but in same time people like him need to wake up! He doesn’t hurt me because I understand he feel unhappy about his life and I’m sure he try to find happiness when argue like this????????

I’m not his mom and I guess his mom forgot to teach him empathy and respect for other people feelings! 

Heres a list of reputable lawyers in Thailand that are actually recommended by the Norway government:

https://www.norway.no/contentassets/6a08c56c09b6458db3fc8c4478a54f46/advokater-i-thailand.pdf

As a general rule, always use a big international lawfirm that has lawyers in europe/usa/australia and in thailand, never ever go to a thai province lawyer.

Don't even bother searching for a lawyer outside of Bangkok - Bangkok is the place to find a good lawyer.

From that list i know only Baker and McKenzie, they have offices in most countries  - thats usually a good sign.

I would contact them and see what they are saying.

On 11/21/2018 at 6:39 AM, Old Croc said:

There is nothing in the Alcohol Beverages Control Act that bans a 19 yo from entering premises.

Chapter IV, section 29 of that act states:

20.JPG

This girl did not break any laws by entering a bar to use a toilet.

Here you go .........

"and allowing persons under 20 to go inside an entertainment place"

54 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Here you go .........

well done britman, i didn't think you could get any lower but you have excelled yourself....the compassion you have is astonishing and you say you have a daughter the same age yourself.....i pity her for her upbringing....i hope she has more adult influence in her life than just you......

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Here you go .........

I previously quoted the relevant legislation relating to underage drinking in Thailand. It is very specific in stating that the bar (owner) is liable if alcohol is sold to someone under 20. There is nothing in the Act about the underage person being liable for a charge of any sort.  

Quoting half a sentence in an effort to distort it's meaning in support of your incorrect assumption, is not only against forum rules, but rather pathetic.

The wording of the sentence from the police (or journalist) may be slightly confusing for some, but the rest of that sentence outlines who is liable and will be charged.

Your continued bleating in an effort to prop up a losing assertion, doesn't actually disguise the fact that you are victim blaming here.  A 19yo needed to use a toilet, went into a public place, asked for help, and was raped by a member of staff.

You have been attacking her and her family on this thread, in a despicable manner.

On 11/23/2018 at 12:27 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

Heres a list of reputable lawyers in Thailand that are actually recommended by the Norway government:

https://www.norway.no/contentassets/6a08c56c09b6458db3fc8c4478a54f46/advokater-i-thailand.pdf

As a general rule, always use a big international lawfirm that has lawyers in europe/usa/australia and in thailand, never ever go to a thai province lawyer.

Don't even bother searching for a lawyer outside of Bangkok - Bangkok is the place to find a good lawyer.

From that list i know only Baker and McKenzie, they have offices in most countries  - thats usually a good sign.

I would contact them and see what they are saying.

Thanks for answering and wanne help us????????

You mean this is Lawyers recommended from the government I live in? Or the same list Norwegian Embassy jn Bangkok have on their list? 

My problem right now is HOW I can trust a lawyer again? Our case can be transferred to Bangkok next year, but the guys threatened us 2 times before court-date have contacts/corrupt friends from south to north of Thailand so the chance for they will threaten us for the 3.time is BIG ???? And I read the story about the young Norwegian girl died in diving-accident, her parents paid a lot to lawyers that is not thai but have Thai lawyer authority and their lawyer backing of few days before court ???? 

so f..... hard to trust anyone:( 

On 11/29/2018 at 9:50 AM, BritManToo said:

Here you go .........

What’s your problem??? You continue with your silly comments but you don’t have the guts to answering my questions!

2 hours ago, Anca said:

What’s your problem??? You continue with your silly comments but you don’t have the guts to answering my questions!

don't let these armchair experts on every topic bother you anca....this one is particularly venomous (because of a proclaimed but imaginative high IQ and a monster chip on his shoulder). thru his life he has had some misgivings (none of the his fault of course) so he wants all of us to come down to his level of life enjoyment.....don't give him the satisfaction and don't regard the rest of our race as similar.....

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Something stinks in Krabi with the locals and tourists. It seems wide spread dislike and disrespect against farangs. It is feel you don't get in Bangkok or the north.

The mafia threatening us have team from south to north someone told me so I believe safest for me and our family is stay away from Thailand! 

I got got a letter that told my daughter can have the rape case in Bangkok court and they wants me to come with her for be a witness but I don’t answering because Im 100% sure someone will set us up again ????????

14 hours ago, Anca said:

The mafia threatening us have team from south to north someone told me so I believe safest for me and our family is stay away from Thailand! 

I got got a letter that told my daughter can have the rape case in Bangkok court and they wants me to come with her for be a witness but I don’t answering because Im 100% sure someone will set us up again ????????

I would say he is a bully and it would be good to stand up against him. I think you would be alright in Bangkok.  That is what he wants is to scare and intimidate you.

It won't benefit you either way if he goes to jail or not, just a bit of peace of mind. Justice is part of a system for a developed country. Probably best to try and forget it and carry on.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Enki said:

So ... do we know now if this is a troll or not? The story is just unbelievable.

Whaaaaat??? 

You dont belive our story?

If you read my interwie in SamuiTimes you can also read some of the reports! Or send me your email address and I can send copy of all documents etc so you can read your self! 

10 hours ago, Enki said:

So ... do we know now if this is a troll or not? The story is just unbelievable.

In Thailand there is death penalty on rape ... 90% or more of all rape victims get killed/murdered.

Why is it unbelievable? ... because my daughter, me and my husband still alive??? That’s because we flew just in time both times. 

And because when my husband and I was hiding in a hotel-suite in Bangkok waiting for our flight time back to Norway and my lawyer sent me text at Line and messenger for tried to make me take a flight to Surat Thani and promised he would pick me up at airport with police security and that I could stay in a safe-house at police station in Surat Thani until our case was finish in court... I start thinking about all stories I read at  samui times and i understood that koh tao is in same province my lawyer is from and I start research at internet and find out that my lawyer have many police officer friends from the photos in foreigner victims at koh Tao  (incl big joke) so I didn’t tell my lawyer the name of hotel we stayed in Bangkok and not let him know the day + our time for flight so he probably believed I would call him from Thailand when I answered him I would call him early morning next day because he was very upset and almost threatened me when he understood I was in Norway when I contacted him. 

If my daughter and I didn’t flew before court date in February I’m sure they would kill us... and if I didn’t lied to my lawyer I’m sure they would kill us. We was lucky, that doesn’t mean I’m a troll so shame on you! ???? 

• 3 weeks later...

This forum has the potential to do great things in providing factual information.It is bewildering to me how easily it turns into petty bickering or sophmoric attempts at humor and loses the focus of helping those in need. My heart goes out to the family from Norway.

Archived