New Hosting Read more... ×
BANGKOK 20 January 2019 03:45
Anca

I flew Thailand two times in 9 months!

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

There is nothing in the Alcohol Beverages Control Act that bans a 19 yo from entering premises.

Chapter IV, section 29 of that act states:

20.JPG

This girl did not break any laws by entering a bar to use a toilet.

I have seen a number of girls working in bars under 20 years of age. Not illegal as long as they don't sell/drink alcohol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Anca said:

And if your 19 year old daughter go to a bar with friends, don’t buying alcohol, and getting raped when she go for find toilet alone you will blame who? 

And by the way, you didn’t answered my quote at your comment from yesterday,,,

Anca, I hope your daughter is coping with the situation.
as written before, it is never the "fault" of the victim. Even Hotpants and drunk is no reason for rape.  

that said, the last case scenario can be questionable if the boy raped, or the girl feel raped.

Drunk and horny is not the same as sober and not like the boy/girl who you wake up with.

This is, reading your story CLEARLY not the situation here. 

Thailand can be dangerous, and "Thailand is for Thai".

All guests are welcome as guests, stay for many years, but we are NOT Thai.

No guest will ever get the same justice as it would get in their home country.

In case of rape, a Thai family would negotiate the damage of the girl no longer being virgin, or less valuable as a potential wife.

The rapist pays this money, and his/her debt to the victim and society is "paid in full".

That is the Thai way...

This is hard. Difficult. 

Different cultures, different standards in "justice ", penalization and what is right or wrong. 
That the rapist gets away with his actions makes it even more difficult to cope with the rape.
I hope that she can forgive him in time.

not that he deserves forgiveness, but your daughter deserves the peace that comes with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

For now, I'd like to remind you that you could block/ignore BrtitManToo, he just one of those toxic TV posters,

I think I'll block you for 'white knight' posting.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Seeing your rants has spurred me to rejoin ThaiVisa after years of absence BritManToo. Claim your reward. I am going to sit back and enjoy your posts. I love Brit 'know it alls' and can only ponder why you are still in Thailand. Meanwhile I will continue to search for the Thai girl who has never entered a bar and doesn't touch her husbands until the wedding night. But I know lots who will not get into a cab at night alone - and I do not see the dangers there publicised on any Embassy travel advisory. The point being Thailand is a very welcoming place until it is not.  You may not see the signs. I hope you don't rant like this against every mother in the same situation, but I suspect you probably do.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

What is wrong with you? It's not a dig.

But you should look into why you behave that way. There is a reason why not even a single person on this thread sees it your way. 

You think you know more than we?

I'll leave it at that for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2018 at 1:42 AM, BritManToo said:

Respectable Thai girls don't go in bars, the first night she will be alone with a man will be her wedding night.

If she went in a bar, breaking the law and the instructions of her parents, whatever happened would be her own fault.

So what you say is:

IF your daughter was in a bar and she get raped,

(I know you pointed that YOUR daughter don’t go to Bar/night club that’s why I write IF your....) you wouldn’t fight for give her justice and put the rapist in prison because it’s her own fault? 

BritManToo, I can read you have many strong (and strange) comments in this topic. You continue arguing about Thai laws etc. but you still hasn’t answered my simple questions... you out of words or you finally start thinking before speaking? 

I asked you what’s the difference between holiday in AoNang many times every year + in same time help animals and holiday for example one time every year + in same time help animals.... holiday in same place many times doesn’t mean you still tourist? 

By the way, if your daughter see profile-photo you choosed to ThaiVisa Forum I believe you she will loose some of her respect to dad! 

3 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Anca, the man is an asshat, a waste of skin. 

Focus on your daughter and not some sad dinosaur with a myopic view of the world.

Ignore him and he ceases to matter. 

Thanks for support HooHaa ❤️ I’m trying to ignore him but in same time people like him need to wake up! He doesn’t hurt me because I understand he feel unhappy about his life and I’m sure he try to find happiness when argue like this🤔😅

I’m not his mom and I guess his mom forgot to teach him empathy and respect for other people feelings! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Anca said:

... I’m not his mom and I guess his mom forgot to teach him empathy and respect for other people feelings! 

This assuming that he even knows who his mum is in the first place.

• Haha 1

Heres a list of reputable lawyers in Thailand that are actually recommended by the Norway government:

https://www.norway.no/contentassets/6a08c56c09b6458db3fc8c4478a54f46/advokater-i-thailand.pdf

As a general rule, always use a big international lawfirm that has lawyers in europe/usa/australia and in thailand, never ever go to a thai province lawyer.

Don't even bother searching for a lawyer outside of Bangkok - Bangkok is the place to find a good lawyer.

From that list i know only Baker and McKenzie, they have offices in most countries  - thats usually a good sign.

I would contact them and see what they are saying.

• Confused 1