BANGKOK 23 February 2019 06:18
Anca

I flew Thailand two times in 9 months!

10 hours ago, nasa123 said:

Have you gone out in Norwegian media with this VG/ Dagbladet ?? Very important so others can see this sad story and be warned against and travel to the area. It happened many rapes and murders there, and finally no one can rely any lawyers and police in Thailand.

Hi , yes Dagbladet interview me to day so I suppose it will come in short time 🙂 I AGREE with you about sharing for warning. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anca said:

And now the info in this topic about it’s not aloud to have 19 year old in bar and give alcohol in Thailand... what’s the point with that comment? 

I believe it’s not many holiday tourists reading news and forums like this if they don’t know about or is a Thai-victim them self. 

It's against the law.

Laws on underage drinking are there to protect the underaged.

But your family weren't tourists, you said you had been many times to help dogs.

You have no excuse for not knowing the laws or the dangers of the Thai islands.

As for reading news .......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2833369/Thailand-one-dangerous-tourist-destinations-Earth-Ex-pat-investigation-lifts-lid-dark-Land-Smiles.html

"He also says that the death rate among tourists, which he claims often goes unrecorded, is ‘the worst scandal in the annals of modern tourism’."

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's against the law.

But your family weren't tourists, you said you had been many times to help dogs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2833369/Thailand-one-dangerous-tourist-destinations-Earth-Ex-pat-investigation-lifts-lid-dark-Land-Smiles.html

"He also says that the death rate among tourists, which he claims often goes unrecorded, is ‘the worst scandal in the annals of modern tourism’."

The danger in Thailand is Thai men, polis ++ and through the acid corrupt public employees. And what about some people  travel down here and help all the poor animals in this U-country, well it MUST be up to them 2 help in this country of fake smile.

Edited by nasa123
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's against the law.

Sorry to ask but what’s your point? 

You mean it’s my daughter mistake that she get raped because she enter a bar when she’s underage? ...or me because I’m her mom and that i aloud her to go? What about owner and the staff in bar’s/nightclubs, are they not responsible for controlling age of their guest? I just wonder because I don’t understand the meaning behind your comments to me! 

YES, we been in AoNang 16 times from December 2011 and if we not are tourists what do you mean we are when we travel to Thailand? And what’s your point about that comment? Do you believe all people that travel many times to same country/city read news for that area? I’m Norwegian and I don’t even read or watching Norwegian news but because I know the language I’m kind of updated anyway... from friends talking, radio etc.

And for make you understand what I mean: 

The crime (rape & threats) that happened to us in February this year was BEFORE I started read Thai news, the crime (murder threats with gun) that happened in November this year and AFTER I start Thai news... so things happen anyway boy! So I’m NOT trying to excuse, rape happens everywhere but I’m trying to make people that don’t know how easy you can get in trouble! You understand me or not? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

There is nothing in the Alcohol Beverages Control Act that bans a 19 yo from entering premises.

Chapter IV, section 29 of that act states:

You're completely wrong, I have a 19-year-old daughter if police found her in a bar (not staff) the fine is 20,000bht and a night in jail for her.

The bar have a similar fine and lose their licence. The law is there to protect teens from the dangers of bars.

Extract from John Stapleton's book published 2016 about bars  around Samui.

'Violent sexual assaults and robberies against both men and women are reported regularly in the Koh Samui archipelago and Krabi province. These are particularly common during the monthly Full Moon parties and generally occur late at night near bars.'

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're completely wrong, I have a 19-year-old daughter if police found her in a bar (not staff) the fine is 20,000bht and a night in jail for her.

The bar have a similar fine and lose their licence. The law is there to protect teens from the dangers of bars.

'Violent sexual assaults and robberies against both men and women are reported regularly in the Koh Samui archipelago and Krabi province. These are particularly common during the monthly Full Moon parties and generally occur late at night near bars.'

It's against forum rules to amend or delete relevant parts of a quoted message.

I notice you said "IF police found her in a bar" as part of your rant about fines.

Supposition, or quotes from books, don't trump the relevant Act.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And if your 19 year old daughter go to a bar with friends, don’t buying alcohol, and getting raped when she go for find toilet alone you will blame who? 

And by the way, you didn’t answered my quote at your comment from yesterday,,,

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anca said:

And if your 19 year old daughter go to a bar with friends, don’t buying alcohol, and getting raped when she go for find toilet alone you will blame who? 

Respectable Thai girls don't go in bars, the first night she will be alone with a man will be her wedding night.

If she went in a bar, breaking the law and the instructions of her parents, whatever happened would be her own fault.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Respectable Thai girls don't go in bars

....apart from my wife.  :biggrin:  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Anca said:

Sorry to ask but what’s your point? 

You mean it’s my daughter mistake that she get raped because she enter a bar when she’s underage? ...or me because I’m her mom and that i aloud her to go? What about owner and the staff in bar’s/nightclubs, are they not responsible for controlling age of their guest? I just wonder because I don’t understand the meaning behind your comments to me! 

YES, we been in AoNang 16 times from December 2011 and if we not are tourists what do you mean we are when we travel to Thailand? And what’s your point about that comment? Do you believe all people that travel many times to same country/city read news for that area? I’m Norwegian and I don’t even read or watching Norwegian news but because I know the language I’m kind of updated anyway... from friends talking, radio etc.

And for make you understand what I mean: 

The crime (rape & threats) that happened to us in February this year was BEFORE I started read Thai news, the crime (murder threats with gun) that happened in November this year and AFTER I start Thai news... so things happen anyway boy! So I’m NOT trying to excuse, rape happens everywhere but I’m trying to make people that don’t know how easy you can get in trouble! You understand me or not? 

Take contact whit phuketnews to they will be very int in this case belive me.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/#LVQ7pTeJKQoK8qmY.97

• Thanks 1