BANGKOK 21 March 2019 14:32
webfact

Father shoots man who climbed into daughter's bedroom in the night

52 minutes ago, smedly said:

I understand what some have said here already but whether or not this death was justified depends entirely on the threat posed by the intruder, the father must justify his actions in the situation presented to him, for example - if the intruder was standing there defenceless with his hands in the air surrendering then shooting him dead was hardly the right course of action - calling the police might have been

Just saying 

And if he was not posing a threat but surrendering and the father called the police, his daughter would have had a fraction of the emotional trauma she has had watching a man's blood all over her floor and seeing a man die close to her bed which will haunt her for life.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

If this guy did indeed break into his house into his daughter's room then the cops should pat him on the back and say "great job", not arrest him.

But the fact he threw the gun away tells me there may be more to this story.

Guess you can't ask the guy who was shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

I understand what some have said here already but whether or not this death was justified depends entirely on the threat posed by the intruder, the father must justify his actions in the situation presented to him, for example - if the intruder was standing there defenceless with his hands in the air surrendering then shooting him dead was hardly the right course of action - calling the police might have been

Just saying 

So he violated the sanctity of someone's property, then entered a bedroom with his hands in the air ? And who is ever to know he held up his hands ? I too would have shot him anyway, bugger the consequences.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

Just saying 

if the intruder was indeed defenseless and in no way a threat, his head would have been blown clean off his body. those who try run or fight get about 9 bullet holes or so. 

just saying

• Confused 1