Father shoots man who climbed into daughter's bedroom in the night

webfact

Father shoots man who climbed into daughter's bedroom in the night

1pm.jpg

Caption: "Climbed in to meet a woman - the father shot him dead"

A 64 year old Thai man arrived at Huay Yot, Trang, police station to say that he had just killed a man with a shotgun in self defense. 

He had then discarded the gun by the road on the way to the station.

Dead at a nearby house was 35 year old Apichai Cheuanut from Nakorn Sri Thammarat. 

He had died instantly and had nine holes from the blast. The gun was retrieved and examined.

Apichai was lying in a pool of blood by a bed and door and had apparently climbed into the daughter's bedroom via the window.

Nat, 64, told officers on Sunday that he had been asleep in front of the TV with his wife when he heard his daughter cry out.

He picked up the gun lying by the bed and went to his daughter's room where he shot the intruder.

He has been charged with homicide and weapons offences. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-19

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

He has been charged with homicide and weapons offences. 

I don't own a gun, but if I caught someone climbing in at night to my kids bedroom, I think it fair to say that there would be a violent welcome. Will be interesting to see how this pans out at court. You should have the right to protect your family inside your own property.

I understand what some have said here already but whether or not this death was justified depends entirely on the threat posed by the intruder, the father must justify his actions in the situation presented to him, for example - if the intruder was standing there defenceless with his hands in the air surrendering then shooting him dead was hardly the right course of action - calling the police might have been

Just saying 

52 minutes ago, smedly said:

I understand what some have said here already but whether or not this death was justified depends entirely on the threat posed by the intruder, the father must justify his actions in the situation presented to him, for example - if the intruder was standing there defenceless with his hands in the air surrendering then shooting him dead was hardly the right course of action - calling the police might have been

Just saying 

And if he was not posing a threat but surrendering and the father called the police, his daughter would have had a fraction of the emotional trauma she has had watching a man's blood all over her floor and seeing a man die close to her bed which will haunt her for life.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

Just saying 

So unfair. He probably just dropped in to say hello.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

Just saying 

So he violated the sanctity of someone's property, then entered a bedroom with his hands in the air ? And who is ever to know he held up his hands ? I too would have shot him anyway, bugger the consequences.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

Just saying 

if the intruder was indeed defenseless and in no way a threat, his head would have been blown clean off his body. those who try run or fight get about 9 bullet holes or so. 

just saying

I just want to know the relationship between the intruder and the daughter. Boyfriend, friend, acquaintance, stranger. Did she scream for help, surprise at being awoken by her boyfriend, a cry of ecstasy? This guy should either get praise and a medal, or go to jail for manslaughter. A thorough investigation is needed. The girl may lie out of embarrassment or to protect her father. Who knows. 

No "Castle Doctrine" here.  Shoot someone in self-defense in your own home and you'll probably be jailed and incarcerated.  If you own a gun, the trade off is basically "Do I allow myself or family to be killed at the hands of an intruder, or do I protect them and suffer the consequences."  For me it would be that later.  It ain't America.

Thaivisa detectives goooo! No one knows the true story. The victim (he dead-maybe boyfriend), the home owners story, and the news story. She could have cried (moaned) out could mean other things. It doesn’t mean he attacked the daughter. Maybe it was all consensual. Makes for a better story to add drama. If he was charged with himicide it could be because he was unarmed and illegally in the house. Or he was in the house with the consent of his daughter and found them in a compromised position. We may never know. 

Rich or poor, your house is your own safe domain and haven. Once broken into, you feel very insecure and uncomfortable for a long time,  especially if you have kids. Breaking into another persons house is one of the lowest that a human can stoop to IMHO. Cant blame the father for letting go the gun at the intruder.

6 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

If this guy did indeed break into his house into his daughter's room then the cops should pat him on the back and say "great job", not arrest him.

But the fact he threw the gun away tells me there may be more to this story.

Guess you can't ask the guy who was shot.

Doesn't matter. The fact:  climbing/sneaking by night into my daugter's room sure makes you pay the ultimate price! Period.

45 minutes ago, yougivemebaby said:

Thaivisa detectives goooo! No one knows the true story. The victim (he dead-maybe boyfriend), the home owners story, and the news story. She could have cried (moaned) out could mean other things. It doesn’t mean he attacked the daughter. Maybe it was all consensual. Makes for a better story to add drama. If he was charged with himicide it could be because he was unarmed and illegally in the house. Or he was in the house with the consent of his daughter and found them in a compromised position. We may never know. 

Again: it doesn't matter. Good dad! Give him a medal ????????????????

11 hours ago, smedly said:

Just saying 

Sometimes there's no need to "just say"

10 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

And if he was not posing a threat but surrendering and the father called the police, his daughter would have had a fraction of the emotional trauma she has had watching a man's blood all over her floor and seeing a man die close to her bed which will haunt her for life.

Let the old man go.... having to kill a man under duress is punishment enough. He will also have a lifetime to reflect on his action and deal with the deadman’s spirit hovering in his house .

2 hours ago, yougivemebaby said:

But... but ... officer, I saw him standing in the room with his loaded ‘gun’ awaiting confrontation. I have my ‘gun’ but it ain’t much compared to the younger man so I brought out my real gun and let the bxxxxxx have it all !

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Invited guests usually enter by the door.

Not always if it's late at night and the parents are in front of the TV.

I've been invited in a few times that way in my late teen years.

The crying out could have been massive uncontrollable multiple female orgasms. 

I read about them in a book once. 

Archived