BANGKOK
marrmrrs

TV Set Top Box..

Hi...

Need help!!... I want to buy a TV set top box.... Had a quick search online and You Tube and a confusing amout and all giving multiple technical jargon i know nothing about....

So please can anyone suggest a reasonably priced (does not have to be the cheapest) that is SIMPLE to set up and i can get TV from the UK and America...

Help would be appreciated...

Cherrs in anticipation..😁😁

Edited by marrmrrs

I bought a iptv box from Aliexpress with all channels Europe, but really only need the Scandinavian, box delivered to your door here in Thailand. All channels in 36 months everything came on 4100 Bath and everything works 100%. And very good support.

Edited by nasa123

9 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

I bought a iptv box from Aliexpress with all channels Europe, but really only need the Scandinavian, box delivered to your door here in Thailand. All channels in 36 months everything came on 4100 Bath and everything works 100%.

Please explain to a luddite how that works. Obviously the box is connected to your TV, does the box then access the internet via wi fi to find channels?

39 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Please explain to a luddite how that works. Obviously the box is connected to your TV, does the box then access the internet via wi fi to find channels?

You are correct!.. 

40 minutes ago, giddyup said:

That sounds like exactly what i want...You need only Scandinavian and i really only need UK channels...So thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated...

Am off the check out Ali Express... Cheers!!

I would strongly suggest avoid buying cheap chinese junk boxes.. Been there, done that, have a pile of different ones I have upgraded through.. 

Currently I am happiest with Amazons FireTV boxes (or the new fireTV 4k stick with volume).. Combine that with some IPTV (piracy but paid) apps, a quality VPN and iPlayer, 4oD, ITV hub, etc etc.. Add in TVPlayer app.. Netflix.. Amazon Prime accounts.. And you have a lot going on. 

Then learn about Kodi.. Add ons.. RealDebrid.. Gaia+Orion.. And you have a powerhouse of content but a lot of complexity.. 

Next best is the AndroidTV option of the nvidia shield box.. but at 3x or 5x the cost of a fireTV. Note androidTV is not just an android clone box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right now we have bbc-earth on the tv by box but all the channels are with a voiceover in Thai which you don't want i guess....so ask for that....(don't know what we have)

10 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

I would strongly suggest avoid buying cheap chinese junk boxes.. Been there, done that, have a pile of different ones I have upgraded through.. 

Currently I am happiest with Amazons FireTV boxes (or the new fireTV 4k stick with volume).. Combine that with some IPTV (piracy but paid) apps, a quality VPN and iPlayer, 4oD, ITV hub, etc etc.. Add in TVPlayer app.. Netflix.. Amazon Prime accounts.. And you have a lot going on. 

Then learn about Kodi.. Add ons.. RealDebrid.. Gaia+Orion.. And you have a powerhouse of content but a lot of complexity.. 

Next best is the AndroidTV option of the nvidia shield box.. but at 3x or 5x the cost of a fireTV. Note androidTV is not just an android clone box. 

So all chinese electronics are shit for you? For a little information to you, then 99.99% of all electronics in your house are manufactured in China. The iptv box I bought at Ali Express seems far beyond my expectations, getting into all Scandinavian TV channels. And the support is actually absolutely great, I bought a box and 3 years of prepaid channels for 4100 Bath delivery on my spor whit Thai post. 

I would buy one from Banggood. Take the most expensive one cause cheap ones are slow to startup

18 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Cheers.. I have just ordered the new Amazon 4k stick... Seems like the best option for me... Thanks for the advice...Cheers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nasa123 said:

So all chinese electronics are shit for you? For a little information to you, then 99.99% of all electronics in your house are manufactured in China. The iptv box I bought at Ali Express seems far beyond my expectations, getting into all Scandinavian TV channels. And the support is actually absolutely great, I bought a box and 3 years of prepaid channels for 4100 Bath delivery on my spor whit Thai post. 

Hard to believe at that price, but why don't you post a link to the Aliexpress listing, it's not against forum rules.

How long ago you bought it?

12 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

How long ago you bought it?

If everything's still working, probably last week.

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2018 at 11:15 PM, nasa123 said:

You didnt read my response properly did you ?? I specifically said the clone android box makers. 

The majority of the android clone boxes are in some way sub par.. Poor ROMs, poor remotes, lacking in interface, etc etc.. These devices generally are purchased and cause lower tech skilled folks to have a lower quality user experience. They then think 'an android box' which they connect to thier TV is AndroidTV, which it isnt. Sure with work you can get them just about working but for ease of use and high quality output they are lacking. 

Try a high quality branded item, such as the nvidia shield, running androidTV 8, with solid developer support hence netflix @ 4k and HD audio bitstreaming, with custom apps like iPlayer for AndroidTV, with good remote and hardware.. and its a night and day experience. Or look at the new FireTVs with 4k@60hz for smooth pans, 10Bit HDR support, etc etc. Even pair this with an alexa dot and integrate into smarthome tech.. These devices are simply superior in overall user interface and hardware ability but have a higher price point. 

I would have reccomended the cheap MiBox 3 running AndroidTV but Xaiomi realy screwed the pooch with a forced firmware update this year and really broke the box in some fundamental ways. 

So no, not all devices made in china are cheap chinese clone box junk. 

On 11/19/2018 at 8:10 PM, LivinLOS said:

Right now is Amazon's Black Friday sale in the U.S., so pretty much all the Fire TV devices are having big sales right now, including the just released Fire Stick 4K that's selling for $35 (regular price $50).

https://www.amazon.com/Introducing-Fire-TV-Stick-4K-with-All-New-Alexa-Voice-Remote/dp/B079QHML21/

But Amazon won't ship this particular device directly to Thailand, so a buyer would either need to make arrangements with a reshipper or have someone in the U.S. send it along.

BTW, it looks like it's also on sale for 35 pounds from Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-TV-Stick-4K-Ultra-Hd-With-Alexa-Voice-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B079QB9BD7/

But it looks like Amazon UK won't ship it directly to Thailand either.

Lastly, Walmart in the U.S. right now is also having a sale on the just released Mi Box S Android TV for $50, and I believe it's regularly $60. But I'm pretty sure they won't ship directly to Thailand either.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xiaomi-Mi-Box-S-4K-HDR-Android-TV-with-Google-Assistant-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player/677842593

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 11/20/2018 at 2:21 PM, marrmrrs said:

Cheers.. I have just ordered the new Amazon 4k stick... Seems like the best option for me... Thanks for the advice...Cheers.

I'm guessing, a Fire TV device owner can register their device to either  U.S. or UK Amazon account depending on what their content interests are. AFAIK, the Fire sticks/boxes are the same whether sold by Amazon U.S. or Amazon U.K.  But it's the available content that varies depending on the country of one's Amazon/Amazon Prime account.

I also picked up a Fire Stick 4K on sale this week, and it probably will replace a current Fire Stick (HD) 2nd gen model at home, to go along with a remaining Fire TV 2nd gen box that will remain in place.

But after my and many others' tortured experience (experiment?) with Xiaomi's original Mi Box Android TV device these last few years (though it still works and I still use it at home running Oreo OS), no way was I going to be shelling out any more money to Xiaomi to have another go-round with their lousy customer support, shoddy firmware updates, broken promises, etc etc.    Who knows, maybe they'll do better the second time around with the Mi Box S, but I'm not going to be their guinea pig again.

• Like 1