Phuket Airport toilets dubbed ’Best in Thailand'

snoop1130

Phuket Airport toilets dubbed ’Best in Thailand'

By The Phuket News

1542625141_1-org.jpg

Representatives from Phuket International Airport collect the award in Nonthaburi earlier today (Nov 19). Photo: AoT

PHUKET:-- The public toilets at Phuket International Airport have been bestowed the title ‘Best Public Toilet of the Year 2018’ by the Thai Ministry of Public Health.

Dr Thawat Suntarajan, Deputy Minister of Public Health, announced the news today (Nov 19) at a special event held at the Richmond Hotel in Nonthabauri, on the outskirts of Bangkok.

“Today is the United Nations World Toilet Day. The annual day is held leads people to make sanitary toilets a priority.”

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-airport-toilets-dubbed-best-in-thailand-69399.php#h0xzYvdvwfBdUJxS.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-11-19

Well, in that case the bar is not really high. I was at the international side couple of weeks ago. As far as I could tell, there were only 2 toilets in the waiting lobby. 

Long queues to the one on the north side, less queues to the south side. 

While the toilets were clean as those should be, some of locks in the booths were not working.

Meanwhile in KL, they have now free showers in the toilets. It feels nice to have a shower before a flight after a day walking around. 

52 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Well, in that case the bar is not really high. I was at the international side couple of weeks ago. As far as I could tell, there were only 2 toilets in the waiting lobby. 

While the toilets were clean as those should be, some of locks in the booths were not working.

Meanwhile in KL, they have now free showers in the toilets. It feels nice to have a shower before a flight after a day walking around. 

Not been my experience. Travel in/out Singapore 5 months ago. Travel Bangkok a couple of times last few months. Toilets all good. No queues. No complaints.

6 hours ago, oilinki said:

The showers are for Muslim prayers, not for your convenience.????

Of note, the toilets at the airport made national news last year after high-ranking officials blasted the facility for having “filthy” toilets....

Something doesn't smell right here. Could this be the honest cabbie story of public toilets.

Traveling Chumphon to Phuket last year stopped at a PTT station where they still proudly displayed their sign as winners of Best Public Toilet Of The Year although can't remember the year posted on the sign but it was quite a few before 2017. However, the toilets were still scrupulously clean. I have always found the toilets in the domestic terminal to be well cleaned

14 hours ago, oilinki said:

I experienced some of the worst airport toilets ever in the KLIA satellite terminal. Dirty, hole-in-the-ground style traps. Unless I had entered the staff loos by mistake?

As for Phuket, nothing wrong with them but hardly an award winner on Trapadvisor.com

9 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

The showers are for Muslim prayers, not for your convenience.????

Farang mai luu.. or Ang Mo don't know.. ????

These were real, full scale showers, not small ones to wash one's feet before prayer. 

If I need to do another border run to KLIA2, I'll keep being as ignorant as ever and take a shower prior flight ????

23 hours ago, oilinki said:

Meanwhile in KL, they have now free showers in the toilets

Whoever would take a shower in a toilet?  I could not get one foot in and where would the water come from or is there something to dip into the toilet water and throw it over myself? 

Having visited KL several times and lived in Malaysia, I have never seen a bum gun anywhere, except Thailand.  Incidentally, the report is about Thailand not Malaysia, and there are several other airport locations where showers are available

'nuf sed

10 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Sorry, but that was the bum gun

10 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Whoever would take a shower in a toilet?  I could not get one foot in and where would the water come from or is there something to dip into the toilet and throw it over myself? 

Having visited KL several times and lived in Malaysia, I have never seen a bum gun anywhere, except Thailand.

'nuf sed

Shower. 

The photo of the shower doesn't necessarily look exactly the way the showers look like at KLIA2. It should still give you the idea. 

luxury-shower-set-embeded-ceiling-led-rain.jpg.c581e2dc58eac174b864b0346e4e8275.jpg

7 hours ago, oilinki said:

Farang mai luu.. or Ang Mo don't know.. ????

These were real, full scale showers, not small ones to wash one's feet before prayer. 

If I need to do another border run to KLIA2, I'll keep being as ignorant as ever and take a shower prior flight ????

oilinki, you are correct.  There are showers there.

I went to the Malaysian F1 last year.  I can confirm there are small separate showers cubicles in the toilet blocks in KLIA2 Airport.

Archived