Dog export

Did any of you guys export a dog to Europe from Thailand?
I know the rules (antirabies, blood test etc.) and would like to know from whom had experience how things turned out
Would you guys pls share your experience or maybe give a sort of advice on this topic?
Thanks ????

7 hours ago, Nobody55 said:

give a sort of advice on this topic?

Did you search for previous threads?

I went through the process myself in early 2017 and ended up using the shipper for a lot of it as had 2 large GSDs to send to Italy. The costs were not cheap however.

This quote is from me posted in another thread - 

used our local vet in Pattaya to microchip and then to take the blood and send to a registered/approved lab. The rest of the process was mainly dealt with by Dynamic Air Cargo who can be contacted on [email protected] .

This lady speaks reasonable English - Sopa Sriboonroung(wan) Tel: 662 693 5999 # 102

44 minutes ago, topt said:

Did you search for previous threads?

I went through the process myself in early 2017 and ended up using the shipper for a lot of it as had 2 large GSDs to send to Italy. The costs were not cheap however.

This quote is from me posted in another thread - 

Thank you I will read your thread, i didn't find it

????

8 hours ago, pastprime said:

Quite easy really. You do not state which country.  If UK apparently far cheaper to use AMS,than direct into UK  then ferry Hook of Holland  /Harwich   about 600 gbp  all in  inc vaccines

600 GBP it's not bad! did someone help you with the process or did you do the whole process by yourself?

43 minutes ago, Nobody55 said:

600 GBP it's not bad! did someone help you with the process or did you do the whole process by yourself?

From recent report (not Thai visa) I read...can do it yourself apparently  smooth as clockwork    tried to find piece   cannot  Ill keep trying tho, prob do it myself soon

21 hours ago, pastprime said:

Quite easy really. You do not state which country.  If UK apparently far cheaper to use AMS,than direct into UK  then ferry Hook of Holland  /Harwich   about 600 gbp  all in  inc vaccines

All of us may not understand what AMS is?

26 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

All of us may not understand what AMS is?

Now the hint here flying,yes up in the air,with dog that is.  Now I would venture further and look up further and Hook of Holland is mentioned,putting two and two together  just might mean Amsterdam airport

13 hours ago, Nobody55 said:

The biggest chunk of cost is on the airfare. If you have a smaller/lighter dog then less cost for almost everything. Air freight price works on a volumetric calculation based on size of the cage (dog must be able to stand upright) and total weight. 

Contact Denise here. She takes care of all sick dogs and sends them all over the world!

© Baan Unrak Thai Animal Sanctuary

Updated September 19th, 2018

CONTACT US

Thanks for checking out our website!
We look forward to hearing from you!

Our Address in Thailand

36 Moo 3

Sangkhlaburi

Kanchanaburi 71240

THAILAND

Our Phone #:

(+66) 0988 713 154

thai animal sanctuary logo

How To Find Us

Sangkhlaburi is located in the province of Kanchanaburi, North West Thailand. The closest international airport is located in Bangkok, which is approximately a six to eight hour drive away.

You have a choice of travelling on a direct bus from Bangkok to Sangkhlaburi, or on two seperate buses from Bangkok-Kanchanaburi-Sangkhlaburi. The direct route is slower by around 1 hour, however usually more spacious and you do not have to change.

For more information on transport options and connections, download our volunteer handbook HERE, or contact us at  [email protected] 

I'm trying to arrange exporting my dog, and it is complicated. A lot of airlines don't accept all breeds of dogs -- mine is a Shih Tzu, which is a flat nosed animal prone to breathing problems, which is specifically excluded by some airlines. There are also airline web sites which say they'll accept dogs as excess cargo, but if you read their fine print, they won't accept a dog in Southeast Asia, or the periods they'll accept a dog are only in 'winter.' 

12 hours ago, topt said:

The biggest chunk of cost is on the airfare. If you have a smaller/lighter dog then less cost for almost everything. Air freight price works on a volumetric calculation based on size of the cage (dog must be able to stand upright) and total weight. 

My dog is not light (around 30 kg) and the size is similar to a female of GSD

I've heard that Lufthansa has low fares but only ships one animal per flight.

Does anyone know anything more specific?

17 minutes ago, Nobody55 said:

My dog is not light (around 30 kg) and the size is similar to a female of GSD

I've heard that Lufthansa has low fares but only ships one animal per flight.

Does anyone know anything more specific?

Do you have a cage? Sounds like you will need one of the larger ones especially if tall so that's probably a minimum of 7,500 baht or more just for the cage. With that size cage and their calculations you could be looking at around 50k baht just in airfair costs. 

You may get more specific advice if you actually said which country/airport you want to send your dog to? Europe is a big place.......

Personally if I was you I would contact a shipper who can deal with it and get an idea of the costs and process - you do not necessarily need to follow through with them.

Don't forget potential clearing costs at the other end.

The GSDs I sent were unaccompanied.

10 hours ago, topt said:

Do you have a cage? Sounds like you will need one of the larger ones especially if tall so that's probably a minimum of 7,500 baht or more just for the cage. With that size cage and their calculations you could be looking at around 50k baht just in airfair costs. 

You may get more specific advice if you actually said which country/airport you want to send your dog to? Europe is a big place.......

Personally if I was you I would contact a shipper who can deal with it and get an idea of the costs and process - you do not necessarily need to follow through with them.

Don't forget potential clearing costs at the other end.

The GSDs I sent were unaccompanied.

I'm just starting the whole process now so I don't have a cage yet.

My biggest concern is not to have any problems at the destination, that's why I'm looking for advice and experiences.

I think you have the right information because I have to ship the dog to Italy, the dog is a crossbreed so I think there will be no customs duties???? 

2 hours ago, Nobody55 said:

I'm just starting the whole process now so I don't have a cage yet.

My biggest concern is not to have any problems at the destination, that's why I'm looking for advice and experiences.

I think you have the right information because I have to ship the dog to Italy, the dog is a crossbreed so I think there will be no customs duties???? 

The first part of the process is chipping and then the blood testing which has to be done at least 3 months prior to departure - but you said you know all about that.

There was some confusion with the Italian end over the import licence and it needed an Italian/English speaker to resolve which was frustrating.

By clearance I was not referring to customs duties. I was not involved in that end of it but the person who was used a local agent of some sort to help especially due to the language issue. Apologies but I have no knowledge of how easy that was or could be to do yourself.

To avoid more stress on the dogs we went for a direct flight but even then the dogs were left with the shipper in their cages at Suvarnabhumi airport at 5pm for a flight that did not leave until after midnight. They were not taken out of the cages until after clearance the next day in MXP and I was very surprised that they had been able to last all that time - approximately 20 hours or slightly more. 

1 hour ago, topt said:

La prima parte del processo è la scheggiatura e poi il test del sangue che deve essere fatto almeno 3 mesi prima della partenza - ma hai detto di sapere tutto a riguardo.

C'era un po 'di confusione con la fine italiana sulla licenza di importazione e aveva bisogno di un parlante italiano / inglese per risolvere il quale era frustrante.

Con l'autorizzazione non mi riferivo ai dazi doganali. Non ero coinvolto in quella fine ma la persona che era stata usata da un agente locale per aiutare soprattutto a causa del problema linguistico. Mi scuso ma non ho idea di quanto sia stato o potrebbe essere facile fare da solo.

Per evitare ulteriori stress sui cani siamo andati a fare un volo diretto, ma anche allora i cani sono stati lasciati con lo spedizioniere nelle loro gabbie all'aeroporto di Suvarnabhumi alle 17.00 per un volo che non è partito prima di mezzanotte. Non sono stati portati fuori dalle gabbie fino a dopo la liquidazione il giorno successivo in MXP e sono rimasto molto sorpreso dal fatto che fossero riusciti a durare tutto quel tempo - circa 20 ore o poco più. 

Thank you very much ???? 

what you're saying is what worries me. ????

38 minutes ago, Nobody55 said:

Thank you very much ???? 

what you're saying is what worries me. ????

Why - as you seem to speak/write the language it should not be an issue. You can also talk directly to the relevant Italian authorities to avoid any confusion. 

Best of luck :mellow:

Archived