Thai man threatened with 300,000 baht fine and jail for flying a drone

webfact

That drone in the picture above looks heavy. I think the Thai law differentiates also according to the weight. If that thing goes down in the wrong place it could be deadly.

There are lots of different kinds of drones and quad-copters, racing quads, etc.

They are not all the same kind of risk. 

Flying a drone 320,000 baht lowered to 290,000, baht. All ridiculous 5,000, still too much. 1000 baht is probably about right. Final, 55,000 baht, crazy. I am guessing someone just wanted to keep the drone. No sense of proportion in Thailand. Pick mushrooms, 15-year jail sentence. An unlicensed driver kills 8 people in a traffic accident and she gets 40 hours of community service. (and she appeals thinking this is far too harsh) I continue to shake my head.
Pretty dumb if u ask me

On 11/20/2018 at 1:11 PM, racket said:

To fly a drone you’ll need both NBTC and CAAT registrations. It took me over 2 months to receive the documents for my drone. Besides, the offices aren’t available in all provinces so you need to take your a** to where they are located or pay someone who can do it. This guy didn’t do anything wrong if you ask me. 

It states here, officially I assume, that either caat or nbtc is adequate. The exception is if it is for commercial use. I am happy to be corrected if that is not right. 

http://thaiembdc.org/2017/11/06/registration-needed-for-drones-brought-on-holiday-to-thailand/

32 minutes ago, direction BANGKOK said:

It states here, officially I assume, that either caat or nbtc is adequate. The exception is if it is for commercial use. I am happy to be corrected if that is not right. 

http://thaiembdc.org/2017/11/06/registration-needed-for-drones-brought-on-holiday-to-thailand/

Unfortunately, I wish that was the case but CAAT clearly states on their website that NBTC is required as well ????

However, if you're only limited to one then go for NBTC because you can get it very quick the same day at one of their available offices. Just recently CAAT charged a thai man for flying a drone without registration. NBTC will however charge the longest jail term and fine. 

You can get a permanent NBTC if your drone was purchased in Thailand and/or if you show a certificate of residence. The CAAT-registration will last for 2 years but you also need drone insurance. DJI phantom Thailand can help you out with your registration for a fee if needed in advance, or out of reach.

Archived