Child abduction

Martin Woolhouse

4 hours ago, Been there done that said:

The parents hostilities ??? Solely hers by the reads of it. With people who hold similar opinions as yours, it wont help children in situations like this. May the cycle of abuse be continued.

Do stop having digs at me .

You dont seem to have much understanding of things .

I cannot keep explaining things to you .

On 11/25/2018 at 2:11 PM, sanemax said:

Although I was talking about my own situation, rather than yours .

I am in a similar situation to yours , although I took steps to get my kid back and I am just informing you that it isnt plain sailing after that and you all dont get to live happily ever after .

There is probably quite a lot of animosity between you and mother and that wont go away and the Child will sense that and the Child will get caught up in the hostilities .

From my situation and experience , the mother will know that she has the upper hand and she then can act as abusively towards you as much as she likes and you just quietly have to accept that , otherwise you will end up having another argument/disagreement .

Then there are issues with the kid and how they perceive you , if they are with you all the time and have a normal father/child relationship , they do as they are told , you can teach them the basics , like not speaking with their mouth full , not running around restaurants , cleaning their teeth twice a day etc , the kids listen and do as they are told .

When you see the kid once a week , you wouldnt have been able to teach them how to behave and thus you will spend alot of the time "moaning" and "telling them what to do" , either that , or you can just sit their quietly , getting verbal abuse from the mother and watching your kid misbehaving .

You have a really pesemistic outlook!

On 11/25/2018 at 10:05 PM, sanemax said:

It was the O.P who stated that , not me .

I did also state that its better for the child to live a settled life , rather than getting involved in the parents hostilities .

I have suggested to the O.P that the best/only way to get the issue sorted out is to get on friendly terms with the mother/family again and hes unable to do that .

I have also suggested that he goes and force ably get his kid back, but it seems that he doesnt want his kid full time, just occasional visits .

Occasionally seeing his kid will not address the problem of his dysfunctional life , it will only exasperate the situation .

The reality is that if the mother is hostile and confrontational and wants nothing more to do with him, theres nothing that he can do about that

Who mentioned anything about wanting my son part time? There was not so much as a hint at that ridiculous presumption, from anywhere inside this post!

You! Go away!

On 11/23/2018 at 4:42 PM, sanemax said:

She has quite probably told the same kind of things to your son and also turned him against you .

I do understand that you want him back , but , if you did get him back, what then ?

He is probably settled in his own life now , in school , family and friends .

School friends , family , cousins and his mother .

We are at a disadvantage here ,because we have no families here , no grandmothers, brothers or sisters to be part of the kids family .

Finding a new woman to be the kids mother and everyone living happily ever after is possible , but a difficult thing to do .

You may want your kid back , but would he want you back ? (Sorry to sound unpleasant, but I'm just stating the reality )

Its a hard thing to deal with , when you are sitting with your son and hes upset and crying because he wants his mummy back 

Contact the Pavena foundation. Started / operated by a Thai lady Khun Pavena who has quite some credibility and some success, she helps Thai and non-Thai folks.

If she contacts the police they jump, they are frightened of her.

A google search will quickly find her.  

Good luck.

5 hours ago, Been there done that said:

Why does the mother of your kid(s) does not want anything to do with you ? As you claimed to be in a similar situation.

My Boys mum and family borrowed alot of money from a village  money lender and squandered it all and then gave me the ultimatum , I repay the money lender or I'd never see my Son again , I refused to repay the money because they would do it again , if I did so

43 minutes ago, sanemax said:

My Boys mum and family borrowed alot of money from a village  money lender and squandered it all and then gave me the ultimatum , I repay the money lender or I'd never see my Son again , I refused to repay the money because they would do it again , if I did so

Maybe you should just move on, and look back in when your son is 16, and more independent. Your inlaws don't sound like decent people.

On 12/1/2018 at 3:11 PM, scorecard said:

Contact the Pavena foundation. Started / operated by a Thai lady Khun Pavena who has quite some credibility and some success, she helps Thai and non-Thai folks.

If she contacts the police they jump, they are frightened of her.

A google search will quickly find her.  

Good luck.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That would only be helpful to kids who were living in the UK and got taken abroad.

Why would FCO be peddling this instead of the HO if it were only intended for a domestic audience?

The FCO can help in child abduction and custody cases where the child is under 16 and where there is a British link within the family, including in cases where the child is a dual national. Help we can provide includes:

• Telling parents whether the country which your child has been taken to is operating the 1980 Hague Convention - a treaty that includes a process for returning children under 16 who have been abducted internationally by a parent. If the country your child is in is a signatory to the Hague Convention, the FCO can put parents in touch with the relevant authorities in the UK so they can submit the relevant applications.
  • Providing a list of English speaking lawyers in a particular country, if parents need to apply for custody and permission to bring their child back to the UK through overseas courts.
  • Trying to verify whether a child has arrived in a particular country if parents do not know where they are.
  • Contacting the relevant authorities to check what progress has been made in finding children reported missing with the police overseas.

The FCO is contactable on 020 7008 1500 seven days a week and 24 hours a day.

10 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Why would FCO be peddling this instead of the HO if it were only intended for a domestic audience?

From the UK Gov link 

"International parental child abduction is when one parent removes or keeps a child from the country they normally live in, without the consent of the other parent or in breach of a court order preventing their removal. "

If a Thai/UK child is normaly  living in Thailand , it would go against their objectives to try and remove that child from Thailand and have him taken to the UK , that would actually be an abduction itself (if the other parent didnt give consent for the child to go to the UK)

...and if the same couple are visiting Thailand for Christmas or if a parent/couple living in say Phk go to Chiang Rai with a DN child who, along with Thai parent, doesn't make the return journey...?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother although I note you're a finalist in the SPLI.

Merry Christmas ????

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

...and if the same couple are visiting Thailand for Christmas or if a parent/couple living in say Phk go to Chiang Rai with a DN child who, along with Thai parent, doesn't make the return journey...?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother although I note you're a finalist in the SPLI.

Merry Christmas ????

Yes, in that case they would help .

Most fathers in Thailand have kids that are living in Thailand and the UK Gov wouldnt get involved in a domestic issue , they would only be interested if the kid was a UK resident .

Did you get annoyed just because I stated some facts ?

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Yes, in that case they would help .

Most fathers in Thailand have kids that are living in Thailand and the UK Gov wouldnt get involved in a domestic issue , they would only be interested if the kid was a UK resident .

Did you get annoyed just because I stated some facts ?

Dual nationality doesn't make a child any less British re safety or welfare & nor does the gender of their British parent.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Dual nationality doesn't make a child any less British re safety or welfare & nor does the gender of their British parent.

It does, if the child has two nationalities , the he is also (in our cases ) Thai .

If the child just has British nationality , he would solely be British .

Its illegal to take Thai kids out of Thailand without the (other) parents consent and permission and the British Embassy will not assist in anything illegal .

Archived