Africans around Sukhumvit

Jajazazajaja

In 2004, I wAs drinking at an all night sidewalks place, near Miami hotel...legendary...one night I looked up and the owner was jamming a clip into his pistol.  I said, everything OK?  He responded "brack guy no good.". They had been grabbing necklesses..he said he had a permit to carry on that block...so things have changed a lot, but some things are the same. Unfortunately, the sidewalk bars are gone, but the Africans are still causing problems.

1 minute ago, moontang said:

In 2004, I wAs drinking at an all night sidewalks place, near Miami hotel...legendary...one night I looked up and the owner was jamming a clip into his pistol.  I said, everything OK?  He responded "brack guy no good.". They had been grabbing necklesses..he said he had a permit to carry on that block...so things have changed a lot, but some things are the same. BUnfortunately, the sidewalk bars are gone, but the Africans are still causing problems.

Fortunately the street bars have gone, you remember, they used to provide piss buckets for their delightful customers in the street opposite and alongside the 7-11 against the now removed hoardings of the Hyatt.

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Fortunately the street bars have gone, you remember, they used to provide piss buckets for their delightful customers in the street opposite and alongside the 7-11 against the now removed hoardings of the Hyatt.

I can't imagine public urination in BKK, but once Trendy opened, there was never a problem using that toilet.  The stuff that remains out there is a lot nastier than those sidewalk bars..

20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Some of them still foul the area (figuratively and literally) further up Soi 13, near The Trendy's entrance but here does seem to be a lot less.  The new Hyatt Sukhumvit has improved that area drastically.

Good to hear. It was well overdue considering the gentrification of the area. 

13 minutes ago, moontang said:

I can't imagine public urination in BKK, but once Trendy opened, there was never a problem using that toilet.  The stuff that remains out there is a lot nastier than those sidewalk bars..

I'm not asking you to imagine public urination, it was a fact of life until very recently in Soi 13, Trendy toilets or not.  

SOI 8 is a much better place to UIP....careful what you wish for..Chinese are commonly seen crapping in the street, and won't hesitate to change diapers at the food courts...and we ain't talking the big c food court..more like Siam Paragon.

Archived