Armed police arrest two British drug suspects in Pattaya in middle of the night

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, chrisinth said:

I know that was probably tongue in cheek, but personally I don't see what makes them different, with the exception of skin colour.

If proven guilty, may they get the max possible here in Thailand and not returned until they have done half of the jail time. But, that's just me.

The 7/11 can download a beer for you

57 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

British spy agencies worked with the CIA to turn televisions and smart phones into bugging devices that can record conversations and even take photographs, according to leaked intelligence documents.

The CIA is accused of running a secret computer hacking programme giving its agents access to everyday items including mobile phones, TVs and iPads. 

One exotically named programme dubbed Weeping Angel allowed spies to gain control of the Samsung F8000 range of internet-connected televisions. It was developed in a ‘joint workshop’ held in June 2014 involving MI5 and the CIA and enabled the agencies to gain control of  the TV, according to the documents. 

It is alleged that MI5 created a ‘fake-off’ mode that meant television users thought sets were  switched off. In fact users can be secretly recorded by them and conversations transmitted to a CIA operative listening in. The smart televisions come with a microphone that is normally used for voice-activated controls.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/07/wikileaks-claims-mi5-cia-developed-spyware-turn-samsung-tvs/

OK, so the US and Brits collect intelligence.....I just wonder who (where in the world) makes these nifty devices....I never hear an argument that reflects that point of reflection.

In all the years I read news from Thailand it is almost only farangs with British nationals there got caught from drugs use and dealing ink trafficking why 

are British people just bad or stupid 

Oh I forgot someone always comment drugs should be legalized and free to use 

Because war on drugs is lost but I can see the world still fighting and win so good job and continue please 

4 hours ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

Not necessarily the police, but it's been proven by leaks that the NSA can look into you at any given moment, but also the CIA and other entities can listen in to smartphone MICs and cameras even when the devices have been turned off. That is no theory but a proven truth. I'm not American, and all of the entities above are in the US, but the technology and systems are there for global organisations to be able to do it if they so wish 

Turned Off Really?, I saw something similar in a horror movie where they pulled the plug on the tv but it kept running!, pull the battery and it's dead as a door nail, shut it down and they might be able to triangulate it's whereabouts but not use the mic or cam, show us proof to the contrary.

13 hours ago, BestB said:

By the sound of it, the 2 were not just little dealers but importers and traffickers, for UK to provide information and for thai police to be armed to the teeth and burst down doors in the middle of the night.

And the two could even be even quite  close with each other. Why would two guys be in the same room, let alone be in bed.  ( ... ‘they where in bed’). 

Or a pair of cheap Charlie runners who are that short had to share a room ????

10 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

2 low life's wont be missed give them life and hard labour whipping every day 

What did they do? Does it matter what they did or just whip them for the sake of it? Four pages of hang them high posts but the OP article doesn't say one single thing about them getting caught with any drugs. Maybe they were wanted for questioning. Is there more to this story than what was reported or are you people just a typical brainless mob?

"Armed Police"  I think that all police officer in Thailand are armed except Immigration Police officer  in desk job or airport Desk.

Maybe the title should have been >Heavily Armed Police> or something similar.

Just saying ...

3 hours ago, Docno said:

"The arrest - in conjunction with immigration police -  came after information supplied by the British authorities."

You did read that bit, right? Maybe stay away from the Kool-Aid… 

Very astute as today was the 40th anniversary of the Jim Jones cult Kool- Aid massacre.

18 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

There're  reasons for them wanting to match ID's with SIM cards.????

Also: And in 2015, the Single Gateway proposal sought to monitor internet content by reducing the existing 12 internet gateways to a single, state-controlled portal.

They will even open envelopes of your letters with steam and read it! Be careful ! ???? 

53 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Another terrible Brit related story.

What is happening to that country and its people??

Sounds just horrible....

TV journalists are happening to "that country". They just love to point out that Brits are involved in any wrongdoing - other nationalities quite often just get described as "farangs" or "foreigners". 

Archived