Video: Beach Road prostitutes "damaging the image of Pattaya" rounded up

webfact

Video: Beach Road prostitutes "damaging the image of Pattaya" rounded up

2pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

The Pattaya News made a video of the arrest of 21 prostitutes and lady boys rounded up after offering sexual services on Beach Road last night. 

The news media said that the prostitutes were an annoyance to tourists and responsible for crime. 

They were also damaging the image of Pattaya.

The video showed Lt Col Netithorn Ratanasuchanan leading his men in bringing in the group to the Pattaya police station.

There was no mention of any charges in the report.

Source: Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-21

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, neeray said:

That was quite a load of meat (I mean lovely looking ladies). I trust all legal standards of carrying passengers in a pickup truck box were adhered to.

When I see different suspects being transported en-mass like this, it always surprises me that a lot of them don't just jump out and run away. As there were a lot of them, they would be gone before even the police in the truck following could get out and chase after them.

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

When I see different suspects being transported en-mass like this, it always surprises me that a lot of them don't just jump out and run away. As there were a lot of them, they would be gone before even the police in the truck following could get out and chase after them.

Well, that would be very stupid as the police already have their ID cards.

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Most of the girls in the photo are actually ladyboys. Ever seen a ladyboy in heels trying to run?

Police tend to target the ladyboys on Beach Road as they're the ones that usually cause the most annoyance to tourists.

Those prostitutes and other sex workers of Pattaya are one of the biggest money earners to this town and the whole country, without the 'dirty sex' images Pattaya will be just another tourists town with rude taxi drives and over zealous city officials...

Truly 95% of them just stand there and mostly on their phones bothering no one.

Over the years I have met some great girls on BR.  Many down to earth and much friendlier then some Gogo arrogance.  Still have contact and see several BR girls some I have known for 5 plus years.

11 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:
17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Well, that would be very stupid as the police already have their ID cards.

I wasn't aware of that. You seem very knowledgable about these things- is that first-hand experience? Do you think that would stop them though, often not all of them have rational thinking capabilities.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Somebody must have been busy ringing the bell to wake plod up, so they can actually get out and do something.

If these people are so damaging to the image of Pattaya, why is it being broadcast for all to see?

I'm curious. Why is there no pixelating of faces in this video?

Same for the thread about the alleged Russian pedophile. No pixelating on him either.

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

I wasn't aware of that. You seem very knowledgable about these things- is that first-hand experience? Do you think that would stop them though, often not all of them have rational thinking capabilities.

Uh, yes I live here and walk BR and have met girls there and talk with them.....

They take their ID and give it back when they pay the fine.

5 minutes ago, neeray said:

I'm curious. Why is there no pixelating of faces in this video?

Same for the thread about the alleged Russian pedophile. No pixelating on him either.

The pixelating machine in Pattaya cop-shop must be broken. No money to fix - unless you're a rich suspect of course.

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Uh, yes I live here and walk BR and have met girls there and talk with them.....

They take their ID and give it back when they pay the fine.

So being pedantic for a moment, if they didn't have ID on them (a finable offence, 200 Baht) would they then be handcuffed/secured in the back of the pickup I wonder?

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

So being pedantic for a moment, if they didn't have ID on them (a finable offence, 200 Baht) would they then be handcuffed/secured in the back of the pickup I wonder?

Ha, I do not know.

The smart ones see the cops coming and run across the street prior to any contact.  Most do this.

But, If you have been around and seen some of these round ups, there is usually a cop there taking photos or video of them being arrested.

So, if one of them did not have ID and wanted to run knowing the cops here, they would be on the lookout on future dates for that person.  Or, radio another cop at the time and take the chance of a beat down (particularly if LB).

Either way my general feeling is most of the girls working there are afraid of the police.

If caught pay the fine and move on to another day is mostly the best policy.

12 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If they don't have ID it's difficult for them to get into hotels with customers. 

Yes, I too, (gasp!  head hangs low, tearful confession) have direct experience. Pray for me. 

Was there a reason why a few weeks ago the whores on Beach Rd were not standing the side where the beach is but on the opposite side of the street with many sitting on scooters? Seems yesterday they are back on the beach side. Was it due to the beach being closed off for the beach rejuvination?

Archived