Video: Beach Road prostitutes "damaging the image of Pattaya" rounded up

webfact

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I wasn't aware of that. You seem very knowledgable about these things- is that first-hand experience? Do you think that would stop them though, often not all of them have rational thinking capabilities.

You seem very knowledgeable about the Coconut bar ladies lack of rational thinking.  How did you meet enough of them to form a valid judgement? 

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

So being pedantic for a moment, if they didn't have ID on them (a finable offence, 200 Baht) would they then be handcuffed/secured in the back of the pickup I wonder?

They put them in jail until they present a valid ID card.  At least that was my experience. 

I wish that they would round up some of the beach sellers. Most of them are ok but a few are really aggressive and will not take no for an answer. The massage ladies are now licensed and wear a yellow uniform. Why cannot all of the beach sellers be licensed in the same way?

2 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

We (as in everyone in the world) knows Thailand is best know for its "amicable hostess" platoons.  These ladies (I suppose ladyboys and gentlemen also) pay the tourism (foreign and domestic) freight, and a massive chunk of GDP.   

Ponder this: would Thailand ever impose similar "relationship" laws as Laos (could they financially)?

The total is tiny when compared to the industrial exports from Thailand or family tourists. It is only 5% of the Thai prostitution industry anyway. 

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

When I see different suspects being transported en-mass like this, it always surprises me that a lot of them don't just jump out and run away. As there were a lot of them, they would be gone before even the police in the truck following could get out and chase after them.

When in Pattaya. I have noticed a few overweight policemen, and also noticed the overweight finger pointers in the photos. Being overweight means being not fit, so how did they manage to catch all these girls and ladyboys in the first place. Oh! wait, the high heels.

Maybe the ladies of the night in Beach Road should start wearing trainers, then hardly any of them would get caught.

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

It is only 5% of the Thai prostitution industry anyway.

Agreed.  Domestic far outweighs tourist.... The point was, the "industry" floats a lot of Thai households...can you imagine the currency injected annually into the economy.  Tourist, domestic short term, then the baht sent to support or buy whatever longterm....

5 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Agreed.  Domestic far outweighs tourist.... The point was, the "industry" floats a lot of Thai households...can you imagine the currency injected annually into the economy.  Tourist, domestic short term, then the baht sent to support or buy whatever longterm....

I felt that way until I became knowledgeable about the industrial estates and saw where the real money comes in.  

Finally someone noticed all the heffa’s , of course they ruin the image of Pattaya.

I and most others no doubt expect to see young, slim sexy Thai girls , instead I saw fat, ugly and old creatures.

Get rid of them and bring back young sexy ones

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

When in Pattaya. I have noticed a few overweight policemen, and also noticed the overweight finger pointers in the photos. Being overweight means being not fit, so how did they manage to catch all these girls and ladyboys in the first place. Oh! wait, the high heels.

Maybe the ladies of the night in Beach Road should start wearing trainers, then hardly any of them would get caught.

You ever hear of a police radio?

They actually have them here in case you have not noticed.....

Who stated “they were damaging the image of Pattaya”

The news media I presume to sell      a “sensational” headline?

The police are doing it to get their corrupt money and to save face and show they are ‘dealing’ with the issue of prostitution in Pattaya. 

When we obviously all know the image of Pattaya is prostitution. 

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Somebody must have been busy ringing the bell to wake plod up, so they can actually get out and do something.

If these people are so damaging to the image of Pattaya, why is it being broadcast for all to see?

it's called advertizing.  Who was it that said that even bad press is good press?  Oh, that's right, it was Putin.

:cheesy:

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

A lady this morning told me the police fine has gone up to as much as 2000 b now with payment at the police station.

Fine?  FINE??????  How dare you even suggest such a thing.   Just ladyboys (from the look of things) voluntarily buying tickets to see if they can learn anything new about secret balls at the "Secret Policeman's Ball."

10 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Yes because Farangs holiday in Pattaya purely for the temples, or the lovely sandy beaches...

Exactly, so other than cleaning up the beach they are taking away the tourist attractions! Although some can be quite aggressive and need to be rounded up!

12 hours ago, bluesofa said:

When I see different suspects being transported en-mass like this, it always surprises me that a lot of them don't just jump out and run away. As there were a lot of them, they would be gone before even the police in the truck following could get out and chase after them.

It's doesn't matter much, right? They pay 400 Baht and get back on the streets. They've probably experienced this hundreds of times.

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

Somebody must have been busy ringing the bell to wake plod up, so they can actually get out and do something.

If these people are so damaging to the image of Pattaya, why is it being broadcast for all to see?

It's designed to attract more farang to Pattaya, but by the look of that lot I don't think it will succeed.

12 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I can't see those ladyboys in red running anywhere in those heels.

Plus they would soon be recaptured when they stop to preen their hair!

And why did one of the cops have his phone on a selfie stick?

Archived