webfact

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Pattaya Beach this week.

Beach1.jpg.e76c0cbd3d13620d13c04835c6385555.jpg

Beach2.jpg

Still doesn't look like a tropical paradise with the foreshore surrounded by high rise and concrete.  When you look out your hotel room window you can see the sewage flowing out into the sea unsuspecting tourists swim in.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:21 AM, webfact said:

The news media said that the prostitutes were an annoyance to tourists and responsible for crime.

I cannot speak for others, but prostitutes were, in the past when I was solo, the main reason to travel to Pattaya, not the rubbish dump they call a 'beach', or the sea full of sewage. I'm sure, I will leave Pattaya to the families and the jet set in the future - good luck, Pattaya! ????

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Still doesn't look like a tropical paradise with the foreshore surrounded by high rise and concrete.  When you look out your hotel room window you can see the sewage flowing out into the sea unsuspecting tourists swim in.

There is a bit flowing openly at the Dusit corner, rather ugly. Personally I live in a house.

Such “BS” by the Pattaya police. -Only a photo PR opt to show they are doing something about this “poor image”. If the police was truly serious about the safety and “image” of the Beach Rd promenade they would have  nightly walking patrols in this area preventing crime from the ladyboys and removing the “coconut ghosts”that quickly return after these PR police raids.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am betting many in Russia, India and China don't know this and are sold by the coconut tree sloping over a white sandy beach picture. The weather alone makes it attractive. 

Russians come here because travel and beer (7/11) make Pattaya a relatively cheap place for the whole family to acquire sunburn.

50% of Indians come here because it's cheap and they spend nothing on entertainment. Leering at half naked women in the street, whilst their family trudge along behind them is free. The other 50% come here for the cheap mongering. They think that they don't have to pay if they can find any fault with the service and "three in a bed" is the norm.

I have no clue what the Chinese see in Pattaya. King Power? The gem shop on Pattaya Nua?

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

BeachA.jpg.a0b6a72d27b57434c4a60ef184c99245.jpg

Quite the contrary. Without the women walking the boardwalk, the reputation of Pattaya will suffer immeasurably. 

The guys in charge are focusing their efforts in all the wrong areas. Both the local cops, and the so called leaders. They are trying to make Thailand a Quaker State. A land of purity. Total BS. Nonsense. Misplaced priorities, and wasted efforts. They should be focusing their efforts on traffic and public safety, easing import tariffs, making visa policy simpler, and more friendly, boosting Western tourism, real crackdowns on slavery, and illegal fishing instead of nonsensical hyperbole, cleaning up the water, the air, the rivers, and the beaches, and other things that actually improve lives.

These "ladies"  are just trying to make a living , usually to send money home to support their poor families in northern Thailand .  Ladyboys/transgenders are so persecuted here in Thailand with no legal protection and employers shun them - (hopefully that is changing ) - so what else are they supposed to do ?

If the authorities are worried about the "image" of Pattaya and want to remove them from the general public areas then WHY (as I have said before) can they not allocate one or two soi's with barriers/notices at each end warning the general public that this is a "red light" district where any prostitution is controlled and the sex workers can operate in safety ( like Hamburg) the and the authorities / police have the ID of those working there plus proper medical check-ups should then be enforced and the general public have then been warned - either they are looking for such services or to stay way !!       

On 11/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, bkk6060 said:

A lady this morning told me the police fine has gone up to as much as 2000 b now with payment at the police station.

I see this increased fine as a positive indication of the improving quality of the Beach Road slappers.

28 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

These "ladies"  are just trying to make a living , usually to send money home to support their poor families in northern Thailand .  Ladyboys/transgenders are so persecuted here in Thailand with no legal protection and employers shun them - (hopefully that is changing ) - so what else are they supposed to do ?

If the authorities are worried about the "image" of Pattaya and want to remove them from the general public areas then WHY (as I have said before) can they not allocate one or two soi's with barriers/notices at each end warning the general public that this is a "red light" district where any prostitution is controlled and the sex workers can operate in safety ( like Hamburg) the and the authorities / police have the ID of those working there plus proper medical check-ups should then be enforced and the general public have then been warned - either they are looking for such services or to stay way !!       

20 years ago when I lived in Pattaya you were right about the money going home but now I think the ladies give their money to drug dealers who give it to suppliers who give it to rich people who finance the drug trade who invest in the American stock market which reduces my taxes.  Go girls. 

53 minutes ago, toenail said:

Such “BS” by the Pattaya police. -Only a photo PR opt to show they are doing something about this “poor image”. If the police was truly serious about the safety and “image” of the Beach Rd promenade they would have  nightly walking patrols in this area preventing crime from the ladyboys and removing the “coconut ghosts”that quickly return after these PR police raids.

Remove them for what? No laws have been broken. There are patrols and far less ladyboy crimes on the beach.

its easy to sit at home to pass judgements on what should be done , reality is little different as them being there is NOT illegal .

For as long as there are hordes of Indians seeking their service they will stay on the beach .

Police could start arresting all the males speaking or taking them , but then no doubt it would be another cry how police target foreigners.

Some 17-20 years ago. In Sydney , around Darlinghurst area steers were filled with hookers and nothing could be done to remove them , until police started to go after punters. Arresting and fining.

Once punters stopped coming , girls moved away.

22 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Bangkok and Chiang Mai have too much smoke not good for kids health, Phuket have transportation mafia and bad immigration dept.  Pattaya seems like the best choice with the waterslides, Wats and mall kids activities.

Well, then, choose to go there, live with what's there.  If you go places besides Bangkok, Phuket, and Chiang Mai because you don't like the things in those three places, then why not go somewhere besides Pattaya because you don't like the things there?  And are Bangkok, CM, Phuket, and Pattaya the only places in Thailand?

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am betting many in Russia, India and China don't know this and are sold by the coconut tree sloping over a white sandy beach picture. The weather alone makes it attractive. 

Pattaya is the only place with nice weather?  Pattaya is the only place the Russians, Indians, and Chinese know of to go?  All the Russians, Indians, and Chinese I've seen elsewhere in Thailand must've gotten lost, then... and someone should tell the rest of the country that their weather is supposed to suck!

28 minutes ago, Katia said:

Pattaya is the only place with nice weather?  Pattaya is the only place the Russians, Indians, and Chinese know of to go?  All the Russians, Indians, and Chinese I've seen elsewhere in Thailand must've gotten lost, then... and someone should tell the rest of the country that their weather is supposed to suck!

Pattaya is one of the places being strongly touted and sold overseas and the prices are coming in favorably. Above other things it is quite cheap, very affordable plentiful accommodation, transport, eating places. This attracts these less demanding tourist from China, Russia and India. And if you know other areas you would know there are plenty of them outside Pattaya too, Pattaya is just doing better drawing them in. My comment was how Pattaya is advertised when being sold overseas, which you failed to address.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Pattaya is one of the places being strongly touted and sold overseas and the prices are coming in favorably. Above other things it is quite cheap, very affordable plentiful accommodation, transport, eating places. This attracts these less demanding tourist from China, Russia and India. And if you know other areas you would know there are plenty of them outside Pattaya too, Pattaya is just doing better drawing them in. My comment was how Pattaya is advertised when being sold overseas, which you failed to address.

Precisely.  I've seen plenty of Russians, etc. all over the place in Thailand.  As far as how advertised overseas, it's been pretty well established by other posters that everyone knows what Pattaya is about.  Sex tourism in Thailand isn't much of a secret if a person spends more than five minutes reading about the place-- in fact, when doing my internet research before moving there, I had a harder time finding info that *wasn't* dominated by "how to find women."  And internet travel forums are certainly full enough of "where should I go in Thailand" threads so as to be almost nauseating.  Don't do your basic homework before going somewhere, you may be surprised by what you find there.  I would hope a person would look up what a place is like before they choose to travel there, especially if the person is taking small children to the place.

1 minute ago, Katia said:

Precisely.  I've seen plenty of Russians, etc. all over the place in Thailand.  As far as how advertised overseas, it's been pretty well established by other posters that everyone knows what Pattaya is about.  Sex tourism in Thailand isn't much of a secret if a person spends more than five minutes reading about the place-- in fact, when doing my internet research before moving there, I had a harder time finding info that *wasn't* dominated by "how to find women."  And internet travel forums are certainly full enough of "where should I go in Thailand" threads so as to be almost nauseating.  Don't do your basic homework before going somewhere, you may be surprised by what you find there.  I would hope a person would look up what a place is like before they choose to travel there, especially if the person is taking small children to the place.

I don't think we know much of what say rural Chinese are able to learn apart from what their own sellers present to them. Indians yes are internet savvy and really know what they want. Russians just want to get away from the awful weather at a price they can afford. 

14 hours ago, Spidey said:

50% of Indians come here because it's cheap and they spend nothing on entertainment. Leering at half naked women in the street, whilst their family trudge along behind them is free. The other 50% come here for the cheap mongering. They think that they don't have to pay if they can find any fault with the service and "three in a bed" is the norm.

You are being a little unfair to indians.:giggle: they do spend money!

But they are expert in haggling and making package deals.

12 of them box in(circle around) a poor soul on beach road as if there is a cockfight and 100baht is the standard offer(yes..each!)

And this "dirty dozen" drag that poor ladyboy to the hotel where they all share one standard room :coffee1:

Prostitutes are giving massive advantage to Pattaya, they ARE Pattaya. Put them away, and what are we left with? A dirty she*thole, with no reason to exist.

Dear Pattaya Administration, don't screw up a good thing! If you keep doing what you're doing, you will end up with town like Sattahip. Is Sattahip a major tourist draw? 

Please don't do anything! Every single thing you do, makes Pattaya less desirable!

From cleaning sidewalks of food carts, to rounding up honest working girls, you are ruining a unique, one of a kind place in the world. 

But you have no idea. Because you know nothing, your misguided actions are destroying a great city, it is  very sad to witness. Once it is gone, it is gone. 

On 11/21/2018 at 9:33 AM, bkk6060 said:

A lady this morning told me the police fine has gone up to as much as 2000 b now with payment at the police station.

If this is true, they can turn off lights here.

Without adult entertainment, there is no reason for Pattaya to exist.

Imagine Las Vegas city counsel deciding to make gambling illegal? This is what Pattaya city hall is doing to Pattaya. 

Beach road is dead already, or nearly dead.  Even Indians no longer walk on Beach Rd. Keep at it, city hall, make it sports capital of Thailand, after all lol.

The incompetency, the lack of basic knowledge how to run a resort is lost on those people. They actively ruining a unique, one of a kind  city in world. 

If anyone wished to deliberately sabotage a great town, they couldn't do better job than current admin.

On 11/24/2018 at 4:05 AM, jacko45k said:

When was the last time you walked on Beach Rd? Couldn't move for them only a day or so back!

When was the last time? 2 minutes ago, I had to sit outside Royal Garden, to reply to your post.

Here, Sunday night, walking past Royal Garden, Nov 25, around midnight.

I love YouTube, if it wasn't for recording, people may actually believe you. 

Archived