Why do folks seem so miserable here?

Nyezhov

Why do folks seem so miserable here? Is it just the folks on this Board, or generally representative of expats and visitors?

Its like someone will post: Got Shortchanged 5 baht in 7-11. Well I was in 7-11 the other day and the Clerk shortchanged me 5 baht and took me 5 minutes to straighten it out. Then you get responses: All Thais are thieves! They are stupid! Its on purpose! They have no education system here! The Government sucks!

Or like: Hey I went to *insert* Market and they wouldnt honour a sales price. All Thais are thieves. All they do is take advantage of Farang! Their business acumen is the 14th Century! The Chinese are taking over. Somchai is a rip off.

Or: hey Dudes, traffic was really backed up today because of construction on........  Thais cant engineer anything. More promises from the Government. Buddha told them not to. S**t just falls apart here. Its behind schedule as always! The BTS is too crowded! Trump caused the delay!

It seems to me that just discussing the vagaries of life in a country thats not quite as advanced as yours and with a totally different culture raises screams and shouts of just down right hate, misery and prejudice. I feel like I am living in the days of Kipling for Gods sake (not that there is anything wrong with Kipling), and if its so bad and uncivilized, why are you here? Why are you coming here? its like bitch, bitch bitch incessantly, and toss snide remarks in about Thais or Americans. Or rant endlessly about President Trump. Where is the sense of humour, irony, the wow dude factor, hey look that mof cant even make change, its .25 cents, he needs it more than me, snark snark giggle. Or, wow man traffic is bad, Ill just sit here and watch the motorcyle show then! Should have taken the BTS, sucks to be me. Hey look a train is stuck, cool, lets take a pic. Hey check out the dude pissing near his food cart, nice, remind me not to eat there hahahahaha. Wowo, that guys is selling half a peeled Pomelo for 300 baht and folks are buying it. Right on!

Here I am with a brand new lens just itching to get out and take pics but its too hot and airpolluted. If I sit here and whinge about it, the air isnt going to get cleaner. So put on the AC, close the curtains, watch a movie and go out tonight instead. Maybe Ill find Ms Right with no bar fine. And the girls arent as good looking in the gogos now, guess Ill just have to complain about the gogo girl selection.

The bottom lines are:

You cant change it, why complain about it.

Some sh** is just funny.

Weird is good.

When you get tired of it, dont complain, just go home and take a break.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade, dont suck on them and pucker up!

Watch the negative nancies come out on this one!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to disapoint you,i am doing fine.Got great coffee at 7-11 for 25 baht.Found a beautiful new plant yesterday,32 chicks hatched,my new canaries are doing well.Ann looks great as usual and the food is fantastic.Friends coming over later today.

The weather is good and there is some money in the bank.

Have a nice day everyone!!!

22 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Why do folks seem so miserable here?

Because they never go to bars and never pay for sex, and their educated wife's from wealthy hiso families never worked in bars either.

But the minority of us, who enjoy bars and hookers, and married bar girls, although widely despised by the moral majority of posters, are having a fine old time.

On my second beer now and it's 11am.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Because they never go to bars and never pay for sex, and their educated wife's from wealthy hiso families never worked in bars either.

But the minority of us, who enjoy bars and hookers, and married bar girls, although widely despised by the moral majority of posters, are having a fine old time.

How is the weather by you? I can see the Rama III bridge now so maybe I will go out and have one myself.

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

How is the weather by you? I can see the Rama III bridge now so maybe I will go out and have one myself.

Bright sunshine and clear skies.

Got up, dropped the kid off at school and then cycled round Huay Tung Tao lake (40Km round trip), got back and started on the beers. Will sober up by 5pm when he needs collecting.

Having the time of my life in Thailand!

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Well, I was happy, Then i read that some are on the beer whilst im sat at work!! B******d, hope you get alcohol poisoning!!!

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Bright sunshine and clear skies.

Having the time of my life in Thailand!

Yeah...but but but but...

Somchai is going to burn and you cant breathe or see. There is a long line at Immigration! The Karaoke bars will rip you off. There are no gogo bars. They are arresting falangs for having some harmless fun with spray cans. Immigration might visit you. Some somchai will run you over on your bicycle! Beer prices went up a 'alfpenny! The pound is dropping! Theresa May goes behind the dumpster with Donald Trump. Prince Charles has big ears.

Fixed it for you. Quit being happy!

People who complain incessantly and look miserable most of the time, would complain and be miserable wherever they were living.  TV gives them an outlet for their inner rage and disappointment at what life has done to them.  They take no responsibility for their own misery, which is why they blame the Thais  and Thailand for all their woes.  Take a walk down Pattaya Beach Road at midday day, any day  and the bars are full of miserable looking, mainly old men, drinking beer and just looking like they are already dead. I avoid them, I avoid where they go and I dont read their ranting posts. 

Not only not representative of all the people here, nto representative of all TV members either.

But those who are unhappy/have a complaint are much morel ikley to post.

People don't start threads to say "everything is fine with me".

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I'm looking forward to legal cannabis (in any form), there are no limits to my potential happiness.

I am so with you there. Trip to Cambodia upcoming for me! 

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Not only not representative of all the people here, nto representative of all TV members either.

But those who are unhappy/have a complaint are much morel ikley to post.

People don't start threads to say "everything is fine with me".

Everything is fine with me every day! ????

Unless I have an intestinal accident at Rush Hour on the Sky Train and the train gets stuck. Watch me complain then ????

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Everything is fine with me every day! ????

Unless I have an intestinal accident at Rush Hour on the Sky Train and the train gets stuck. Watch me complain then ????

You say everything is fine but your op is nothing but a long winded bitch and moan, complaining post. Try to thicken your skin.

Because it's the "go to" place for people who like to complain about....."other people".

"Why can't they be like me?" sort of thing.

So because it's a Thailand orientated site they tend to complain about Thailand, its people.........and other expats who aren't like them.

image.png.02080dda2930c6e5271c283417a98c07.png

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Ahhh, you're one of those guys that sold his soul to Santa.

When you sell your soul to santa does he give you one of his little helpers?If so i want one that looks like yours!!!????

Archived