Why do folks seem so miserable here?

Nyezhov

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Thats what makes this Forum great, quoting Nietzche to clowns????????????????????????????

2 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

The Thais are pretty miserable in Bangkok ! Walked around Khao san road area Friday for the first time in a year ! Pretty glum looking shop owners and vendors!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Id be glum too if my income depended on backpackers, begpackers, freeloaders and tourists who go there to watch the backpackers, begpackers and freeloaders then go back to have dinner at Roubechon.

Id be glum too if my income depended on backpackers, begpackers, freeloaders and tourists who go there to watch the backpackers, begpackers and freeloaders then go back to have dinner at Roubechon.

That’s life! And “freeloaders”? Nothing free anywhere! Get another income

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

35 minutes ago, brling said:

Exactly, quit bitching, and get a life away from Thai visa forum. 2,700 posts in 5 months, now thats a miserable life.

300 of them on the sky train. probably another 100 in traffic, and at least 50 per gogo. Im quite happy thank you

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

@Lacessit

You have a subtitled version for those of us who speak English?

Ha!! Enough of your pontificating persiflage. Quit speaking English through your nose, and you will be able to understand.

Your disrespect of Chiang Mai is something I will not up with put. Be aware Bangkok to me is an inconvenient and insalubrious way station on my six-monthly peregrinations to and from Australia. I'm struggling to think of another city that puts the international and domestic airports at least 90 minutes away from each other, depending on how many traffic jams there are. Yes, I did notice the location of many of your posts. I suppose anything is preferable to the numbing boredom of looking out the window of a train or bus in Bangkok. Please tell me how you will obtain a big enough oxygen tank on your scuba gear to swim from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang.

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats what makes this Forum great, quoting Nietzche to clowns????????????????????????????

I might prefer humble earthy everyday man's Forrest Gump over the Nietzche snobbery.....

"......miserable is as miserable does"   

????

Most people aren't happy because they are habituated to see happiness as only coming from outside to in. Obviously when we consume things we have moments of happiness - but in truth natural or innate happiness is required before we can find satisfaction from objects. Without a natural level of happiness objects need to be ever more stimulating to cause us to feel happy. When we have natural happiness even simple objects like a piece of fruit can make us feel happy.

Then in the absence of this inner happiness we get addicted to anger and negativity because we able to find some physical pleasure in having a strong emotional response to something.

Inner happiness comes from recognizing our inherent value. Many people feel empty inside because they haven't understood the great fortune that is life itself. Once you appreciate being 'on' instead of 'off' you can start to build on that feeling and appreciate even the simple things in life - then you are happy wherever you are.

50 minutes ago, Andrew108 said:

Most people aren't happy because they are habituated to see happiness as only coming from outside to in. Obviously when we consume things we have moments of happiness - but in truth natural or innate happiness is required before we can find satisfaction from objects. Without a natural level of happiness objects need to be ever more stimulating to cause us to feel happy. When we have natural happiness even simple objects like a piece of fruit can make us feel happy.

Then in the absence of this inner happiness we get addicted to anger and negativity because we able to find some physical pleasure in having a strong emotional response to something.

Inner happiness comes from recognizing our inherent value. Many people feel empty inside because they haven't understood the great fortune that is life itself. Once you appreciate being 'on' instead of 'off' you can start to build on that feeling and appreciate even the simple things in life - then you are happy wherever you are.

The glass of life, half of this or a half of that! "To be or not to be"!

"Get busy livin or get busy dyin"! 

Everyday is a good day! Some happy some not as much! I worked and invested all my life to not have to retire and die poor! I have more then some and less than other's.  In many ways for me  happy is comfort! I feel very comfortable in my Thai environment!

Is that British guy still there? The white haired toothless one? With the mole on his nose who wears a Leeds T-Shirt and starts drinking at 10am so by noon he's mumbling over and over that Jimmy Saville was framed? That guy? Id rather have a Prik Nam Pla enema than see that every day.

Leave Jimmy and me out of this !!

On 11/21/2018 at 12:26 PM, BigT73 said:

Im waiting for the threads starting "Guess what Im eating now"

No need to wait, just join Facebook, it's there in all it's glory, I believe from the snippets I see over my wife's shoulder.

7 hours ago, riclag said:

The glass of life, half of this or a half of that! "To be or not to be"!

"Get busy livin or get busy dyin"! 

Everyday is a good day! Some happy some not as much! I worked and invested all my life to not have to retire and die poor! I have more then some and less than other's.  In many ways for me  happy is comfort! I feel very comfortable in my Thai environment!

You'll never be happy drinking halfs

• 2 weeks later...

One can be either miserable or happy anywhere.  I choose to be happy...keeping a positive outlook on life here in Thailand.

Now when I am scammed out of a few baht...rather than rant and rave...I smile to myself...secure in the knowledge that I will not miss a few baht...

I did find it amusing when I would challenge a cashier who had short changed me...their look was not one of apology...but one of dismay that I had the audacity to count my change.... ????

4 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

One can be either miserable or happy anywhere.  I choose to be happy...keeping a positive outlook on life here in Thailand.

Now when I am scammed out of a few baht...rather than rant and rave...I smile to myself...secure in the knowledge that I will not miss a few baht...

I did find it amusing when I would challenge a cashier who had short changed me...their look was not one of apology...but one of dismay that I had the audacity to count my change.... ????

Yes, the fun is not in getting your two Baht back from the cheaters, its making them lose face when you call them out and then hold your palm facing away from you and walk away. 

Archived