Why do folks seem so miserable here?

Nyezhov

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Everything is fine with me every day! ????

Unless I have an intestinal accident at Rush Hour on the Sky Train and the train gets stuck. Watch me complain then ????

i think it might be the passengers that would be complaining........ 

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Not only not representative of all the people here, nto representative of all TV members either.

But those who are unhappy/have a complaint are much morel ikley to post.

People don't start threads to say "everything is fine with me".

And, if they do, the thread usually quickly drops like a rock....Down in flames......

19 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

And, if they do, the thread usually quickly drops like a rock....Down in flames......

Having a good life, honest working wife, connected to the good-mannered upper middle class, no visa problems, avoiding the zombie looking ghosts of 'bar men', etc only gets you booed down here I think. Instead, the subject should be thinking how to help lowlifes to stay in the kingdom to continue their adventures to the Hiv Hive scene of Pattaya ????

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

surprised you've heard people say 'dudes'

thought only children used that word

I am a child dude, to not embrace my inner teenager, wholeheartedly and without reservation, in word and in deed,  that would make me an old miserable <deleted> spending my time in Thailand whinging about political issues pretending that anything I say makes any difference....

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

You guys need to get out on your bikes more, or follow an entertaining sport like rugby league, if you want positive threads on TV.

Or build a boat.

Or basically find something that no-one else gives a monkeys' about, and you'll be left to yourself to be as positive as you like.

SC 

I am a child dude, to not embrace my inner teenager, wholeheartedly and without reservation, in word and in deed,  that would make me an old miserable spending my time in Thailand whinging about political issues pretending that anything I say makes any difference....

I remember someone a long time ago told me that growing up was highly overrated .. Did not understand it then ..... I do now :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Western folks refuse to lower their expectations when they come to the third world and that accounts for a lot of disappointment...

learn to appreciate the middle aged allure of the vegetable vendor ladies at your local fresh market and to make yer own pizza in order to get yer foot on the ladder to happiness...with the available resources there's not much to it...

and tonight we have loy kratong which is a simple local ritual but my oh my are there plenty of strolling girls in tiny crotch high shorts to admire at the associated funfair...can't be beat with some grilled issan sausages on a skewer from a vendor, vodka, ice and soda at hand in a container brought from home...

simple pleasures...back in the west folks watch the same stuff on television

Heaven no! Expats living in Tourist-Spots are very happy people, but they must look and act "grumpy".
A matter of survival and keeping it's sanity.

By grinning and clowning around like a 2 week tourist, they would have to answer the question "where you come from" 15 times a day and this 12 months per year. The nightmare of every expat.

By looking and acting "grumpy", they can reduce the "where you come from" to 2 per day. Only having to answer this question 730 times per year, which is manageable.

I insist. Expats in Tourist-Hubs are happy people. Despite their grumpy protective facial-expression they can't fool me. Sometimes a dreamy expression enters their far away eyes. That's when they realise, that they can enjoy this friendly mad-house for a third of the cost, compared to back home.
Cheers.

28 minutes ago, swissie said:

Heaven no! Expats living in Tourist-Spots are very happy people, but they must look and act "grumpy".
A matter of survival and keeping it's sanity.

By grinning and clowning around like a 2 week tourist, they would have to answer the question "where you come from" 15 times a day and this 12 months per year. The nightmare of every expat.

By looking and acting "grumpy", they can reduce the "where you come from" to 2 per day. Only having to answer this question 730 times per year, which is manageable.

I insist. Expats in Tourist-Hubs are happy people. Despite their grumpy protective facial-expression they can't fool me. Sometimes a dreamy expression enters their far away eyes. That's when they realise, that they can enjoy this friendly mad-house for a third of the cost, compared to back home.
Cheers.

I employ the big frown used by Arnie in The terminator with the shades to avoid intrusions from the locals...once while sitting at a table at the street side terrace of my hotel on soi 6 in BKK I tried a mixture of Arnie and the menacing pimps and drug dealers from Taxi Driver with a hat pulled low and that really got the passerby goin' with their eyes as big as saucers and scooting by very quickly...

and then there is the enfeebled old man posture and when someone intrudes I stoop and protect my head and say 'please, I have cancer and not much longer to live...'...doesn't work all the time as once some sidewalk free lancer hit me with her handbag and said 'yeah, sure...'

16 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I employ the big frown used by Arnie in The terminator with the shades to avoid intrusions from the locals...once while sitting at a table at the street side terrace of my hotel on soi 6 in BKK I tried a mixture of Arnie and the menacing pimps and drug dealers from Taxi Driver with a hat pulled low and that really got the passerby goin' with their eyes as big as saucers and scooting by very quickly...

and then there is the enfeebled old man posture and when someone intrudes I stoop and protect my head and say 'please, I have cancer and not much longer to live...'...doesn't work all the time as once some sidewalk free lancer hit me with her handbag and said 'yeah, sure...'

Soi 6 in BKK? Pattaya has a more relaxed athmosphere. Try it, you may like it.

23 minutes ago, swissie said:

Soi 6 in BKK? Pattaya has a more relaxed athmosphere. Try it, you may like it.

nah too far away...I have trouble gettin' to BKK, and I prefer to be miserable closer to home...

ideally I can be miserable at my corner shop and there I am getting vodka and ciggies at 9 in the am...and the checkout girl is concerned and sez 'everything OK Mr tutsi?' 'no, things are not OK and I need a woman!' 'and then there is a barely suppressed 'eek'...

later after a few vodkas and when I've decided what to eat and heading to the talaat to get the ingredients I pass the shop and the other shop girls are there 'hi Mr tutsi! goin' to the talaat to shop fer supper?' 'yeah and I'll have it ready in a bit...come over later and help me eat it' as he slavers over tight denim stretched over fine young buttocks...'tutsi is a silly old man...' 'no he's not, he's quite attractive but he should find someone his own age...' traditional girls wanting proposals and not unadorned sex...western expectations again...

19 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

and tonight we have loy kratong which is a simple local ritual but my oh my are there plenty of strolling girls in tiny crotch high shorts to admire at the associated funfair...can't be beat with some grilled issan sausages on a skewer from a vendor, vodka, ice and soda at hand in a container brought from home...

it's about quarter to 7 in the pm and the stepdaughter rattles my cage where I've been asleep for a couple of hours 'tutsi! time to get goin', there's gonna be a huge crowd...' and I'm half drunk and unsteady on my feet...

and we head down to the wat that has more lights and loud music than last year...seems to get gaudier and louder each passing year and me and the MiL who is arthritic hold on to each other and hobble down to the water side and then someone comes with the kratongs, light the joss sticks and the candle and float...supposed to be festive but it was somber as we lost my wife a few months ago and this was a favorite time for her and we reflected...

the funfair is in full swing with a swirling mass of people in high spirits and I saw my niece who rescued me when I freaked out the first time I came about 15 years ago, she had her young son and her husband with her...in her tiny shorts she had the nicest ass around and I was proud...

I don't usually stick around and we headed back to the truck and the others stayed for the duration...some incredible eats from the food stalls, one had half a side of bbq hog that was the nicest pork I'd had all year, chicken, bbq corn on the cob, took away enough to eat for the next few days...loy kratong is the best time for these tidbits and adds to the festive nature of the occasion...

I had my vodka with me but I was already drunk and didn't hang around to look at the parade...and so it goes until next year, the biggest event in our district...unless I end up in Hanoi because of the current thai immigration uncertainty...and that uncertainty pisses me off...

Yup, nobody likes a non-complainer !! [emoji848]

Me ?, I use TVF as my relief valve , rant about Immigration, traffic, price of cheese etc. ( I just wanna fit in [emoji51]).

In real life, things here rarely bother me , am currently in the uk on a family visit and today was 2 degrees C ,raining and dark at 4 pm .
Now that is worthy of creating misery !!

On 11/21/2018 at 10:56 AM, jvs said:

Sorry to disapoint you,i am doing fine.Got great coffee at 7-11 for 25 baht.Found a beautiful new plant yesterday,32 chicks hatched,my new canaries are doing well.Ann looks great as usual and the food is fantastic.Friends coming over later today.

The weather is good and there is some money in the bank.

Have a nice day everyone!!!

#MeToo

mamapapabock.png

Archived