Why do folks seem so miserable here?

Nyezhov

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

nah too far away...I have trouble gettin' to BKK, and I prefer to be miserable closer to home...

ideally I can be miserable at my corner shop and there I am getting vodka and ciggies at 9 in the am...and the checkout girl is concerned and sez 'everything OK Mr tutsi?' 'no, things are not OK and I need a woman!' 'and then there is a barely suppressed 'eek'...

later after a few vodkas and when I've decided what to eat and heading to the talaat to get the ingredients I pass the shop and the other shop girls are there 'hi Mr tutsi! goin' to the talaat to shop fer supper?' 'yeah and I'll have it ready in a bit...come over later and help me eat it' as he slavers over tight denim stretched over fine young buttocks...'tutsi is a silly old man...' 'no he's not, he's quite attractive but he should find someone his own age...' traditional girls wanting proposals and not unadorned sex...western expectations again...

I think you need some pot in your life 

41 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Exactly. Most are losers. They’ve failed to “make it” in their homeland. So it’s Plan B: Try to survive on insufficient savings/pension in a 3rd world country and find female company from desperate, poverty struck ladies. This type of person unfortunately will always be miserable.

Why does  allenberg think nearly every freaking post is sad???? Anyone know?

On 11/20/2018 at 8:47 PM, Pilotman said:

People who complain incessantly and look miserable most of the time, would complain and be miserable wherever they were living.  TV gives them an outlet for their inner rage and disappointment at what life has done to them.  They take no responsibility for their own misery, which is why they blame the Thais  and Thailand for all their woes.  Take a walk down Pattaya Beach Road at midday day, any day  and the bars are full of miserable looking, mainly old men, drinking beer and just looking like they are already dead. I avoid them, I avoid where they go and I dont read their ranting posts. 

They need to move that lot up to third road and fill those bar jobs with lookers and bar stools with happier faces. That would boost tourism.

1 minute ago, Krataiboy said:

Every time I feel tempted to moan about something in Thailand, I just get online and read about the state of my former homeland - and instantly more cheerful and grateful for where I have ended up.

Agreed, I've just watched Question Time!

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Sorry to inform you but your being robbed blind by 711 for that coffee. I believe I pay 12 baht for the same coffee providing you buy a cheese toasted sandwich or other promo for 25 baht.

So your cup of coffee cost you 37 baht!you are getting robbed with your eyes open.!!!

On 11/21/2018 at 10:59 AM, nikmar said:

Im happy cos I get to slag the government off all day on Thaivisa. ????

Yes, it is just a pity you have to slag of the government, it would be great if they would just do something for the ordinary westerner who loves Thailand and lives here, and the  tourists, especially the under fifties who like to visit this mostly beautiful country, instead of treating them like criminals.

Thailand could be one of the best countries in the world for everyone, the ordinary Thai, the business people, both Thai and not, the tourists, and the retirees. etc.

All it would take is someone at the top with some common sense. 

Thank you for your view of TV-member's life. 

Indeed only a percentage of Experts take part in daily replies to TV Threads.

The majority is not interested. 

So what kind of Expats are on TV? 

With higher education? 

Good income? 

In a good long lasting relationship? 

Legally married? 

Looking for young girls? Buying them in a bar?

Their money would not guarantee a pleasant life in their home country? 

If they could they would live in their own country, however with that little money it's not possible?

So to complain about everything is all what is left? Creating intolerance and hatred?

On 11/21/2018 at 11:04 AM, BritManToo said:

Because they never go to bars and never pay for sex, and their educated wife's from wealthy hiso families never worked in bars either.

But the minority of us, who enjoy bars and hookers, and married bar girls, although widely despised by the moral majority of posters, are having a fine old time.

On my second beer now and it's 11am.

Johnny Cash ...... 'and that beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for desert'......so far your's is the best post of the week.:wai::post-4641-1156694083:

Well, heck.
I am past the "use by date", can barely walk due to longtime diabetic neuropathy, and had a stroke in March. The meds I have to take for this all keep me out of the beer joints.
I live in the aforementioned "box" because the two bed house was more than I could really keep up anymore, and my (great) landlord found a cash buyer after I declined.
Meanwhile I have a GF who will come see me next at the end of the month. With luck she will finally be retired and can devote more time to telling me what to do, beside asking me if I need any money.
Yes, I am miserable as Hell. I awake with a smile every morning. ????

On 11/21/2018 at 4:43 AM, Nyezhov said:

Why do folks seem so miserable here? Is it just the folks on this Board, or generally representative of expats and visitors?

Its like someone will post: Got Shortchanged 5 baht in 7-11...

It's not all folks on this board – have you ever seen me posting things like that..????? – probably the positive majority don't write misserable post in TVF, so the misserable group seems like majority...????

On 11/21/2018 at 11:47 AM, Pilotman said:

People who complain incessantly and look miserable most of the time, would complain and be miserable wherever they were living.  TV gives them an outlet for their inner rage and disappointment at what life has done to them.  They take no responsibility for their own misery, which is why they blame the Thais  and Thailand for all their woes.  Take a walk down Pattaya Beach Road at midday day, any day  and the bars are full of miserable looking, mainly old men, drinking beer and just looking like they are already dead. I avoid them, I avoid where they go and I dont read their ranting posts. 

So true and they are not only in Pattaya, a few up here in the North.

What you mean is, why are SOME folks miserable here?

I am one of the happy brood. I concentrate on those aspects of my life of 15 years in Thailand that I still find are the reasons I came here.

I have had a few "miserable" experiences here, but I don't wake up every morning wanting to impose them on others!

On 11/21/2018 at 11:04 AM, BritManToo said:

Because they never go to bars and never pay for sex, and their educated wife's from wealthy hiso families never worked in bars either.

But the minority of us, who enjoy bars and hookers, and married bar girls, although widely despised by the moral majority of posters, are having a fine old time.

On my second beer now and it's 11am.

BritManToo, I am always pleased to hear your opinions on these issues. It appears you are being frank and honest in your statements. I too, can relate to what you say. However, I am not so sure it is the minority of foreigners who married local women who were bar girls; it seems quite the majority to me--now, some say it isn't so, even when it is.

I believe, just like Western women who will take you for everything; the hi-so women are equally capable of taking you. Just like everything else in life; you have to use your smarts.

Nevertheless, I have seen bar girls who made exceptionally good wives; honest. loving, caring and hard working to help keep the family together. However, I have seen other wives, some not even bar girls, who have done everything they can to cuckold their husbands and take them for whatever they can take.

In my 50 plus years in Southeast Asia knowing well literally scores of Western male and SEA female couples, I have seen far more bad marriages than good. Albeit, I know several mixed marriages, such as mine, that have lasted more than 20 years and are still going strong. However, I know many more such marriages which have ended in pain.

I have heard about every story imaginable--boyfriend(s), extended family, gambling habit,  high maintenance habit, drug habit, complications from STDs, houses, cars, bikes, trips, clothes, jewelry, buffalo needs a car, etc. ad infinitim. All the time, treating the husband like a long-term customer instead of a husband. The upshot; no money, no honey and usually not even willing to work to earn any of the money.

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats why Im never miserable. When depressed, I get on the BTS. I wish more girls wore Yoga pants here.

Visit Myanmar. There is a fair infusion of Indian genes in Yangon, and it shows in the butt shape.

When my Thai GF commented one of the girls at the hotel had a beautiful bum, that was praise indeed. Women don't usually make that kind of comment.

Footnote: Most women in Yangon wear sarongs/saris. I am prepared to swear VPL's are rare.

26 minutes ago, smotherb said:

BritManToo, I am always pleased to hear your opinions on these issues. It appears you are being frank and honest in your statements. I too, can relate to what you say. However, I am not so sure it is the minority of foreigners who married local women who were bar girls; it seems quite the majority to me--now, some say it isn't so, even when it is.

I believe, just like Western women who will take you for everything; the hi-so women are equally capable of taking you. Just like everything else in life; you have to use your smarts.

Nevertheless, I have seen bar girls who made exceptionally good wives; honest. loving, caring and hard working to help keep the family together. However, I have seen other wives, some not even bar girls, who have done everything they can to cuckold their husbands and take them for whatever they can take.

In my 50 plus years in Southeast Asia knowing well literally scores of Western male and SEA female couples, I have seen far more bad marriages than good. Albeit, I know several mixed marriages, such as mine, that have lasted more than 20 years and are still going strong. However, I know many more such marriages which have ended in pain.

I have heard about every story imaginable--boyfriend(s), extended family, gambling habit,  high maintenance habit, drug habit, complications from STDs, houses, cars, bikes, trips, clothes, jewelry, buffalo needs a car, etc. ad infinitim. All the time, treating the husband like a long-term customer instead of a husband. The upshot; no money, no honey and usually not even willing to work to earn any of the money.

I don't intend to disagree with you. Most of the mixed marriages or defacto relationships I see in the Chiang Mai area are good ones. Including mine.

Having said that, the more abusive or disrupted relationships I have seen are predominantly with HiSo women, or women who think they are HiSo after their more elderly falang partner dies and leaves them very well off.

31 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

have had a few "miserable" experiences here, but I don't wake up every morning wanting to impose them on others!

Exactly. Like right now, this very moment in time, I am here at Mickey D's enjoying a Samarai Pork Burger snack ( don't be critical, in some fashion the slurpy sloppy combo of ersatz teriyaki and myo make my heart throb). I made the mistake of ordering an ice tea (I usually get Coke) forgetting how absolutely revolting it is. That artificial syrupy lemony sweetness makes me gag. I knew this. But I ordered it anyway like the idiot I am.

Do I come on here and post "Eeeewww, Mickey D's ice tea in Thailand tastes like lemon flavoured cough syrup. It was better before the Junta took over."

Did I run to the cashier and say your tea sucks gimme my 50 baht back. What do you mean you don't understand? Don't you speak English? Instead of that jibberish, khap ka khop or whatever. 

Do I do that? Nay, gentle readers, I choke the horse piss down cuz I'm dehydrated, get up, throw my garbage away instead of having the poor girl clean up after me like she does for the Chinese all day, then go about my biz. Later when I get back to the Love Nest, I can start a thread that says Eeeewww, like an idiot I accidentally drank latrine cleaner, yuck yuck yuck.

Some tea is better than others, but when you are thirsty, it's all good. I wonder if they have those guys here at Fortune town that rub your shoulders while you take a piss

30 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't intend to disagree with you. Most of the mixed marriages or defacto relationships I see in the Chiang Mai area are good ones. Including mine.

Having said that, the more abusive or disrupted relationships I have seen are predominantly with HiSo women, or women who think they are HiSo after their more elderly falang partner dies and leaves them very well off.

Well, I have never lived in Chiang Mai, but I have lived almost 12 years in Thailand, over ten years in the Philippines, four years in Vietnam and over a year in Singapore. Since my four years in Vietnam and my marriage to a Vietnamese was 50 years ago, I have known many mixed marriages between Westerners and Southeast Asian women, all over the world. However, I have not seen the problems you see with hi-so.

I guess it depends upon your definition of hi-so--to me hi-so is girl from a wealthy upper-class society family. Only a few Westerners I know are married into hi-so; and they are mostly well-to-do themselves. Simply coming from poverty and marrying into money doesn't make you hi-so. In fact, it may be a deterrent to a good relationship.

You appear to speaking of that latter class of women who get a big head because they hit the jackpot. If so, I agree, some of the worst I have seen are those types of women.

If you mean a well-educated girl with a good job and from a middle or upper-middle family; well, I do not see that as hi-so either. I see that as normal, self-sufficient and quite desirable.

58 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Exactly. Like right now, this very moment in time, I am here at Mickey D's enjoying a Samarai Pork Burger snack ( don't be critical, in some fashion the slurpy sloppy combo of ersatz teriyaki and myo make my heart throb). I made the mistake of ordering an ice tea (I usually get Coke) forgetting how absolutely revolting it is. That artificial syrupy lemony sweetness makes me gag. I knew this. But I ordered it anyway like the idiot I am.

Do I come on here and post "Eeeewww, Mickey D's ice tea in Thailand tastes like lemon flavoured cough syrup. It was better before the Junta took over."

Did I run to the cashier and say your tea sucks gimme my 50 baht back. What do you mean you don't understand? Don't you speak English? Instead of that jibberish, khap ka khop or whatever. 

Do I do that? Nay, gentle readers, I choke the horse piss down cuz I'm dehydrated, get up, throw my garbage away instead of having the poor girl clean up after me like she does for the Chinese all day, then go about my biz. Later when I get back to the Love Nest, I can start a thread that says Eeeewww, like an idiot I accidentally drank latrine cleaner, yuck yuck yuck.

Some tea is better than others, but when you are thirsty, it's all good. I wonder if they have those guys here at Fortune town that rub your shoulders while you take a piss

If you throw away your own trash an employee will be fired and not able to find a menial cleaning job and her 12 children will starve.  All your fault for being unaware of the "everybody has a rice bowl" Asian cultural heritage.  Go back to where you came from Thailand will be better off.  

If you throw away your own trash an employee will be fired and not able to find a menial cleaning job and her 12 children will starve.  All your fault for being unaware of the "everybody has a rice bowl" Asian cultural heritage.  Go back to where you came from Thailand will be better off.  

Yes, exactly !!
Next time you eat at any gourmet FF outlet instead of clearing your mess and jeopardising someone’s poorly paid employment throw the remaining ice tea over the table, stomp your fries on the floor and smear the remains of your teriyaki burger on the walls ensuring more locals will be employed to clean your mess and you will surely get a standing ovation from the other customers .

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Now pay attention. Lemon tea ( cha man naow ) is a matter of getting the balance between sugar and lemon right, with a light hand on both components. Some restaurants in CM do it very well, others do it abysmally. I can't say what's to be expected of a city that at any time could disappear under the sea at any time; perhaps the restaurateurs there are in too much of a hurry to make a baht while they still can.

Dear Heaven, some of your food choices are enough to make my gall bladder self-destruct. I'm happy to be in CM, where there are plenty of restaurants that can do a variety of good cuisines at comparatively low cost.

If I want anything rubbed, my GF is very happy to do it. Don't think I want to know where you are going with the last sentence.

55 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, exactly !!
Next time you eat at any gourmet FF outlet instead of clearing your mess and jeopardising someone’s poorly paid employment throw the remaining ice tea over the table, stomp your fries on the floor and smear the remains of your teriyaki burger on the walls ensuring more locals will be employed to clean your mess and you will surely get a standing ovation from the other customers .

You eat to impress the other customers?  I've never cared about them.  I leaves my trash on the table so some one will pick it up and preserve status quo and not make the Grand Poo Bahs who own MacDonald's richer.  I'm guessing you like the rich Thai people more than the working classes so it is understandable you would want to increase their profits. 

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well, to each his own, I guess. I do not eat at McD's. Had lots of them when I was a kid and even did a radio commercial for them in high school. In the states, you can get a better burger and fries at any bar and grille and even at some other fast food places. I have found several places here to get a decent burger--some western restaurants and bars for example.

However, the main reason I took exception to what you said was your final sentence. Not about the guys rubbing your back at the urinal, but your phrase, " . . . take a piss"

Do you really "take a piss"?  Where is it you take them? I always leave mine.

Archived