Copycat killing adds another death to litany of school rivalry mayhem

webfact

Copycat killing adds another death to litany of school rivalry mayhem

By The Nation

0b42dc978a55bb36e81d119eb59813d8.jpeg

The alleged ringleader of a group of technical-school students accused of shooting dead a young man from a rival school on October 12 has said they were retaliating for the killing of an alumnus of their school.

Police say Krissada Narapong told them his gang from Pathumwan Institute of Technology was avenging the September 25 murder of Anusorn Sondhi, 25, when it took the life of Kamonwich Suwanthat, a 24-year-old senior student at Rajamangala University of Technology Tawan-ok, Uthenthawai campus.

Both shootings occurred in front of the victims’ relatives. Kamonwich was helping his family sell food on Soi Nawamin 57 in Bangkok. Anusorn was killed in Pathum Thani in front of his aunt. He was selling food with the aunt when two men approached on a motorcycle, one of them armed.

“We are angry and wanted revenge, so we decided to commit the murder in the same manner our senior was killed,” Krissada was quoted as saying.

“We chose to shoot a student of our rival school when he was with his mother so she would see him gunned down, just as our senior’s aunt saw her nephew gunned down right in front of her eyes.”

Anusorn had recently graduated from Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University but had attended Pathumwan Institute.

Police claim the suspects said they chose Kamonwich not because of any personal dispute but because he could be gunned down in the same manner as Anusorn.

Krissada was among three people arrested on Monday for premeditated murder, said Metropolitan Police Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Sutthipong Wongpin. The others were Patipan Charoenchaikul and Saharat Dongphrachan.

Alleged shooter Prasit Yonpol and another accomplice, Jirapat Phetchrak, are still being sought.

The Uthenthawai-Pathumwan feud has led to brawls and the deaths of many students and some innocent bystanders.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359005

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-21

38 minutes ago, Tailwagsdog said:

Innocent young people dying in the prime of their life, this is the work of hoodlums & gangsters deserving of the death penalty.

Agree.

Totally shocking.

IMHO what's even more shocking is that this stuff has been happening regularly, with death / assassinations for well over 30 years that I'm aware of...

...and the police, the vocational school principals, the education ministry etc., have done close to little to stop it.

And the current penal code for these offences (even death) is a total joke, and the judiciary has done nothing to push for much more severe punishments to be promulgated.

Plus it's been reported numerous times that part of the problem is that vocational school teachers strongly encourage the attitudes involved and the results.

Specific to the police, what has the current national top cop achieved in this subject area or in anything?

Nothing?

How did he ever get the job? (And yes I do know the answer to that question.)

Doesn't look like being at school has done any good for these delinquents at all. Not sure being in prison will either. Seems like they are dedicated to being street gangsters which is perhaps what they have deduced from their time spent watching T. V. soaps and movies.

Police claim the suspects said they chose Kamonwich not because of any personal dispute but because he could be gunned down in the same manner as Anusorn.

These animals need elimination for this reason alone

It is time to disband all these schools. Reform them mixing up the students and push a culture of learning, not tribalism. Maybe the schools have to be mixed/sorted yearly. I really have no Idea but I do know this school tribalism culture has to be changed.

15 hours ago, scorecard said:

prove to their seniors that they will kill, maim and die for the glory of their school.

Yeah... and then go back to said school and be disrespectful to the teachers, slack off on their homework and skive whenever they feel like it, all with the parents' support.

Fry the shidheads and have the parents of the killers compensate the grieving mother.

15 hours ago, scorecard said:

To glorify their school, and to impress their seniors / prove to their seniors that they will kill, maim and die for the glory of their school.

We seem to be in a past time era in Thailand where "gladiators" are deemed to be some sort of hero & put on a pedestal for all to admire !!

On 11/21/2018 at 1:12 PM, scorecard said:

IMHO what's even more shocking is that this stuff has been happening regularly, with death / assassinations for well over 30 years that I'm aware of...

You're exactly right. I first lived here from 1980 to 1993 and this occurred so often back then already and always between rivaling tech schools. I always wondered why, but never figured it out. 

Archived