Jump to content
BANGKOK 16 June 2019 18:35
webfact

Plastic bag free day - get ready for Tuesday December 4th

Recommended Posts

Plastic bag free day - get ready for Tuesday December 4th

 

10pm.jpg

 

Thailand has announced a nationwide plastic bag free day on Tuesday December 4th.

 

No plastic bags with handles will be given out at department stores and convenience stores on this day.

 

The Bangkok Insight called it "D-Day". 

 

Thailand's biggest retail names have signed up to the initiative that marks Thailand Environment Day.

 

Such firms as CP All (7/11), Central, Makro, Foodland, Tesco Lotus, Robinson's, Big C and Tops are involved. 

 

An advertising poster said that customers should organize cloth bags and their own baskets. 

 
thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-21
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not news. I get offered free bags all the time. They're not really "free" - I have to buy something.

 

 

 

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plastic bag free bag-free day - get ready for Tuesday December 4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, webfact said:

No plastic bags with handles will be given out at department stores and convenience stores on this day.

Is there some sort of get-out clause in this?

Is 'with handles' in there in case someone tries to make an issue about food in pre-packaged plastic perhaps?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get ready for the BIG photo opp Dec 4th,thumbs up and a free yellow t-shirt...the other 364, its 8 bags / person/day.not counting the foam bowl and plastic spoon and fork

Edited by mok199
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leeneeds said:

364 to go then to make a real difference 

And it will probably work as well as their famous no alcohol sales days.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mok199 said:

Get ready for the BIG photo opp Dec 4th,thumbs up and a free yellow t-shirt...the other 364, its 8 bags / person/day.not counting the foam bowl and plastic spoon and fork

Oh no, how's he going to muscle in on this?

Half a dozen over-stayers with cloth bags over their heads, rather than plastic bags?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Much too little, way too late...

 

Last week a whale washed up in Indonesia with 6kg of plastic waste in its stomach, including 25 (plastic) bags, 120 cups, etc.

 

Fish are ingesting microscopic particles of plastic waste, we catch and eat them...

 

This is the product life-cycle of fossil fuels; throughout our lives we use them every day - even as they slowly poison us to death.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-06/diver-films-wave-of-plastic-pollution-off-bali-coast/9508662

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Much too little, way too late...

 

Last week a whale washed up in Indonesia with 6kg of plastic waste in its stomach, including 25 (plastic) bags, 120 cups, etc.

 

Fish are ingesting microscopic particles of plastic waste, we catch and eat them...

 

This is the product life-cycle of fossil fuels; throughout our lives we use them every day - even as they slowly poison us to death.

Yes, this is a good read. I really have no words. Really so sad this is what our oceans are. Our generation has caused most of it and we really need to support something being done to help clean it up, or at least keep it from getting much worse. I would gladly take a few bags with me to the store when I go shopping if it would help and they were not so readily available everywhere.  

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-46275742?ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...